Boston Bike rental?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quixote

Reaction score
I'm flying out to Boston next week, we are staying in Cape cod for two weeks and I was hoping to rent a bike while I was there. So far all I can seem to find online are Harleys to rent and was hoping for something else, really anything else. I know it's a litle snobby and I'l climb on a tractor if it's my only two wheel option but if anyone knows of any dealers or rental options other than Eagle rider or cape cod Harley please let me know. I don't really like the idea of spending the entire two weeks without at least a day or two of riding.

Try contacting MOM's. They have two locations, one in Manchester, NH and the other (more towards towards the cape) in Foxborough. MA.

I know that they have a 2010 FJR rental at the Manchester store. Maybe they could make it available at the Foxborough one for you.

If you are an (American) Football fan, and will be picking the bike up in Foxborough be sure to swing through Patriot Place. It's a giant mall like affair attached to the Gillette Stadium, home of the 3 time Superbowl Champion New England Patriots. They have a exhibition hall for the team in there. You also can't go wrong having a meal at Skip Jack's restaurant there. Good seafood.

PS - If you get that bike in Manchester, NH, it's only about an hour further to the Cape and you can take some nicer roads. There is an airport in Manchester that you could fly into. Don't know if you already have your flights booked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cape Cod, during tourist season? :blink: That is a small area with a very high summer population density. Couple that with only two choke points main routes to get on and off the Cape. Riding on the Cape may be sub-optimal.

Fred is right about MOMs (Motorcycles of Manchester), call MOMs South for Honda, Victory and HD. In Mass try American Road Collection at (617) 387-4099. You can call Cycles128 and see if they can connect you with a rental company that has other than HD bikes

A bit farther north in Manchester NH MOMs does indeed rent other bikes including a FJR! I agree with Fred, flying into Manchester is a much more rewarding experience than Logan in Boston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even flying into Providence (Warwick) is much easier than Boston and many more flight options than Manchester. May even be a little closer to the Cape.

Thanks,

I'll try MOMs when I'm in Boston. We are flying into Boston and I guess brave the cape traffic after a couple of days in Boston. i don' t imagine it's going to be alot of great riding but thought I might get a bike for a couple of days just to get a fix. It's really Her holiday.

If you really want to rent the bike at Mom's, better call ahead and make arrangements now. It's not like renting a car. They do not have a big supply of rentals.