NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yer all of my Christmas card list.

But I understand, if your not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Buncha' ass-lookers.

Yer all of my Christmas card list.

But I understand, if your not the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Buncha' ass-lookers.
My God Barb, you are so right: The close resemblance between Bungie (Steve) and Blanch DuBois (Vivien Leigh) is remarkable!

blanche+dubois.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cept someone has to feed that boy a sammich or two, so his moobs will fit in her dress

:p

Well this BLOWS!! I am only an hour from Castlegar over the pass and You scheduled it to conflict with the Utah 1088! Damn Damn Damn.....I will be in Utah running hard that weekend. Hope you all dont leave Castlegar in ashes!! lol.

Thanks for the information. I've been out that way a couple of times on the bike and really enjoy the Black Hills so that sounds like a good idea. I hadn't thought about running into snow further north, so I'll have to think about how that might affect my route. The only thing I know for sure is that I don't want to ride across Iowa and Nebraska Nebrasuck. :eek:
Fixed....

My God Barb, you are so right: The close resemblance between Bungie (Steve) and Blanch DuBois (Vivien Leigh) is remarkable!

blanche+dubois.jpg

Upon my return to the city (in ~2 weeks) I will finalize the Hotel deal and get the website up and running.
I quickly looked through all SEVENTEEN pages of humorous but not so useful banter in regards to the details other than the dates... did I miss it somewhere?

Carry on... :)
I can't believe you did not find the comparison of Bungie to Blanch DuBois useful. :blink:

Upon my return to the city (in ~2 weeks) I will finalize the Hotel deal and get the website up and running.
I quickly looked through all SEVENTEEN pages of humorous but not so useful banter in regards to the details other than the dates... did I miss it somewhere?

No you didn't miss an iota of useful information... I did the same thing, twice. :blink:

No you didn't miss an iota of useful information... I did the same thing, twice. :blink:
Brad, yamafitter and Chuy will never help anyone out anymore. No Good Deed Goes Unpunished! Knowing Vivien Leigh and Bungie are sibling twins is damn important!

Sorry Tyler.... Because Jeff has been slacking off with the information that should be coming forthwith(a long time ago) the funny and not so funny guys have been keeping this thread alive.

The time and the town has been casted in stone. I just hope that when he does post up he starts another thread with a new title.

It's not just me then :eek: ......... thanks Tyler :)

https://www.bcferries.com/bcftravelcentre Toll Free: 1-888-223-3779 [email protected] News Flash, Kids. When I called British Columbia Ferries right after Jeff started this thread, I was told that the 2012 Schedule would not be posted until after the First of the New Year. However, when I just checked online: BC Ferries now has the Schedule up and is accepting reservation bookings. The Southbound Sailing Justin and Steve "jorstin" and Papa Chuy / Son Seth were looking for is now available:

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 0730 departure from Prince Rupert, BC to Port Hardy (Bear Cove) on Vancouver Island - arriving at 2230 hours. PM's sent to Jorstin and Barb!

For those of you using Port Hardy to Prince Rupert BC Ferry Sailings: This means that Southbound Sailings are on even numbered days and Northbound is on odd days!

https://www.bcferries.com/files/images/maps/bcf-all_routes_map.pdf Ports System Map for all British Columbia Ferries routings.

Sorry Tyler.... Because Jeff has been slacking off with the information that should be coming forthwith(a long time ago) the funny and not so funny guys have been keeping this thread alive.

The time and the town has been casted in stone. I just hope that when he does post up he starts another thread with a new title.
Or at least just update the first post so the info is easy to find! :)

https://www.bcferries.com/schedules/discovery/dcp-current.html Just some food for thought for you adventuresome FJR Types, talking about guys like dcarver, James Burleigh or SacramentoMike!

I won't be doing this because Seth and I will be two up on our BMW K1600GT, but if you are running solo and like riding dirt on your FJR: The BC Ferry Northbound to Bella Coola from Port Hardy would be a real hoot. I have heard the first 50 miles of BC 20 are a rough dirty steep nightmare! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Columbia_Highway_20

https://www.bellacoola.ca/getting-here/road.php "The Hill" would be cool on a Super Tenere or BMW GS, or for Old Michael and ShinyPartsUp on an FJR! Not for Chuy and Seth!

Nope, you didn't miss a thing!
wink.gif
Patience my dear Tyler!

Sorry Tyler.... Because Jeff has been slacking off with the information that should be coming forthwith(a long time ago) a life, the funny and not so funny guys have been keeping this thread alive.

The time and the town has been casted in stone.
Fixed it for ya!
rolleyes.gif

We were happy to provide info early so everyone could make plans. No rush on getting names on virtual paper and collecting your Reg. fees!
wink.gif

I just hope that when he does post up he starts another thread with a new title.
Guaranteed!

Dear FJRGuy-Jeff, You're doing a fantastic job, keep up the good work. I for one really appreciate the hard work and great effort you are putting into this! Bravo, Saludos!

Papa Chuy and Jorstin need some insider information on Prince Rupert, BC lodgings. I am looking at either the Crest Hotel or the Prince Rupert Hotel for Wednesday night June 27, prior to sailing Southbound the next morning for Vancouver Island. Have any of you fine FJR Forum Folks stayed at either one of these two places?

They both run around $140 a night and they both are within a couple of miles of the ferry docks. Are there other decent hotels you have stayed at around $100 a night?