pre-NERDS Campfire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be safe, I'm also bringing my Nomex fireproof jumpsuit too.

ATGATT, can't be too careful with a bunch of drunk rowdies eating wieners and what not...
Make sure you pack the right suit. Don't take the one with the cute slippers and the bunny ears. The east coast people may not understand your Kalifornicator ways :rolleyes:

Actually, we have a pretty high tolerance for people wearing bunny suits here in Vermont. So, not a problem...

ATGATT, can't be too careful with a bunch of drunk rowdies eating wieners and what not...
Make sure you pack the right suit. Don't take the one with the cute slippers and the bunny ears. The east coast people may not understand your Kalifornicator ways :rolleyes:
You mean the one with the special bunny-flap? :rofl:

Is it really a special bunny-flap? OR a special-bunny flap ;)

Is it really a special bunny-flap? OR a special-bunny flap ;)
:unsure:

Now you have me on the run, MEM! :p

I would hope he'd take this one...

Bunny.png

Only because this one ain't gonna do any good near the fire..

Bunny2.png

Don't show up at my house in that getup Don.. The neighbors might think I'm a bit strange ya know?

I'm just surprised none of the forum wemin folk ain't all over this one Don..

Last edited by a moderator:
On second thought, I'm not sure we're quite THAT tolerant here in Vermont. :eek: You best leave that suit at home...
Surely you didn't intend to imply that he should arrive without the "suit" ??!?!??!

Alright, NERDS Campfire decisions made.

First, the food and drink. :drinks: We're going with a fixed price of $6/person. That will cover whatever food and beverages you wish to consume at the campfire. If you want to bring your own and skip the $6, no problem.

We're going to have:

• Hamburgers/Cheesburgers
  • Hot Dogs
  • Black Bean Burgers (for those of you who don't like to eat dead-animal parts)
  • My homemade, best-in-the-world, secret recipe 5-Beer Chili
  • Chips
  • Pickles
  • Watermelon
  • Soda
  • Beer
  • Water

No need to pay ahead of time. Just drop your $6 in the jar when you get here. (We trust ya...) ;)

Second, the Transportation. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the party bus idea is going to work out. :cray: Based on the Poll results, it doesn't look like we would have enough people committed to the bus to make it economical. So, transportation is not going to be provided from the hotel to the campfire and back. There will be directions to the campfire posted at the hotel. It's only about 11 miles and it's not that hard to find. If you plan to come here directly, PM me and I'll be glad to give you my address.

The option to arrange your own transportation using one of the local taxi/van companies is still open. If you get 5-6 people together, the costs would be pretty reasonable.

The campfire festivities will start about 6:30pm and go as long as people want to stay. If it rains (which I'm positive it won't so I shouldn't even bother mentioning this, but if it does...) then we will, unfortunately, have to cancel the campfire. (But it's not going to rain, so forget I even said that)

Ed.

The menu sounds excellent, especially the 5-beer chili. :)

Fred ol' buddy, if I were hosting such an event I would make it a bring your own and get there yourself event. All I'd do is light the fire, sit down and relax.

Rob
And that is why no one likes you! :p
Why? Cause he doesn't know Fred from Ed? :p

Who loves ya Rob? :wub:
Ed ...Fred... Ned...Jude? Y'all look the same to me anyway.

Soooo .... exactly which night is this little weeny roast anyway??

Soooo .... exactly which night is this little weeny roast anyway??
Well I won't be there for it, but I do know one thing. If you eat that 5 beer chilli, you need to find another roommate.

(Unless somebody saves me some.)

The pre-Nerds campfire is Wednesday, August 17th. (The night before the first NERDS ride day) Geez, don't you people pay attention?

and Bungie, if there's any Chili left, I'll save you some... :p

Ed.

and Bungie, if there's any Chili left, I'll save you some... :p
Ed, if Rob has chilli I'm not sharing a room with him 'unarmed'. So please, save me some, then Rob and I can play 'battleshits' on a level playing field.