pre-NERDS Campfire

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I don't use up all of my vacation time I might try to make it. If not I'll see you Friday morning.

Tom

Too bad about the party bus. Will have to get together with some folks for a cab share (I won't ride with more than one beer; especially at night in deer/moose country).

As others have said, great deal on the campfire food/drink. $6.00 is a little low - bet there won't be a lot of people looking for change from a $10 from the jar. If there's a surplus that we don't need for the official BBQ, I'm sure there is a local food bank that could use it!

Ross

I'm with Ross.

I will cab share. More than 2 beers And the keys don't come out of my poket. :banned:

So I will in the lobby about 6:30ish. Looking for co-cab folks.

See you then,

Tony

Directions to the pre-NERDS campfire at my house on Wednesday evening will be available at the hotel. If you would like my address ahead of time, send me a PM and I'll be glad to provide it to you.

For those of you interested in arranging transportation from the hotel to the Campfire, here are the phone numbers of the local taxi companies. I've never used any of them myself so I can't personally vouch for their services, but I haven't heard anything bad about any of them.

Stowe Taxi (Stowe) - (802) 253-9490

Percy Transportation (Stowe) - (802) 253-7224

Blazer Transportation (Stowe) - (802) 253-0013

New England Taxi (Stowe) - (802) 598-7254

A-1 Taxi Service (Waterbury) - (800) 300-7776

You will need to call them ahead of time and make arrangements for pick up at the Commodores and then a later pick up at my house to take you back. Most, if not all, will have a mini-van that can accommodate 4-6 people so you might want to get a small group together to share the cost.

Ed.

I'm with Ross.

I will cab share. More than 2 beers And the keys don't come out of my poket. :banned:

So I will in the lobby about 6:30ish. Looking for co-cab folks.

See you then,

Tony
Hi Tony,

My wife and I are also planning on taking a taxi to the campfire and are willing to share the costs. See you in the lobby around 6:30. Paul & Gina

Directions to the pre-NERDS campfire at my house on Wednesday evening will be available at the hotel. If you would like my address ahead of time, send me a PM and I'll be glad to provide it to you.

For those of you interested in arranging transportation from the hotel to the Campfire, here are the phone numbers of the local taxi companies. I've never used any of them myself so I can't personally vouch for their services, but I haven't heard anything bad about any of them.

You will need to call them ahead of time and make arrangements for pick up at the Commodores and then a later pick up at my house to take you back. Most, if not all, will have a mini-van that can accommodate 4-6 people so you might want to get a small group together to share the cost.

Ed.
Ed, are you open for a tentative attendee? I'm going to see if I can bump up my arrival to Wednesday evening rather than Thursday but it will depend on whether I can change my reservation and on what time I arrive, hopefully early evening, whether I'll make it out to the campfire.

thanks, Philip.

If you have an extra single seat in your taxi, I'm interested in sharing. I hope to be pulling into Stowe before 6, one of those miles to go before I sleep/drink/be merry things, not necessarily in that order of course. ;)

Philip

Ed.
Ed, are you open for a tentative attendee? I'm going to see if I can bump up my arrival to Wednesday evening rather than Thursday but it will depend on whether I can change my reservation and on what time I arrive, hopefully early evening, whether I'll make it out to the campfire.

thanks, Philip.
Absolutely! Come on down. I expect the campfire to go well into the evening, so stop by whenever you get here.

Ed.