EOM Tour of the Bluegrass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protondecay123

No Delusions of Significance
Reaction score
Dear all,

I'm organizing an EOM Tour of the Bluegrass The link to the route is HERE! in .gpx format which should work with about any GPS unit. Here is the link to .gpd format

We need to leave at 8 am sharp from the Campground to visit Fort Boonesboro and make to to Red State BBQ on time. Red State is a great, inexpensive BBQ joint right by the Kentucky Horse Park. It's Website is HERE!

I have reserved 10 Spots (first come, first serve via PM on this forum to me.) on the Hard Hat Tour ( which I did last month and is great!) at 1:30 pm Friday, Sept 23, 2011. Buffalo Trace is not on the "Official" Distillery Trail, but makes some of the most heralded bourbons in the business such as George Stagg ( barrel proofed) and the iconic 23 y/o Pappy Van Winkle. Their website is https://www.buffalotrace.com/

Please note that I have NO economic interest in any of these entities! They are fun places that I've enjoyed in Kentucky. You will have to purchase your own food. The distillery tour is free. Please have your bike full of gas and ready to go when we leave!

Hard Hat Tour @ 1:30 pm

1) TheZsdad

2) El Toro Joe

3) MEM

4) BigOgre

5) Chivvalry

6) Patriot

7) Mvette

8) FeeJer Fred

9) Mrs. FeeJer Fred

10) The Zsdads Friend

Trace Tour @ 2:00 pm

1) Protondecay123

2) Mrs.Protondecay123

3) Yamafitter

4) vabrzn

5) Mrs. Vabrzn

Yamafitter pointed out that some of the links were to google map and or didn't work properly. I think I have them edited properly now. Please let me know if there are any questions, concerns or comments otherwise. Thanks! James

:fuck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,

I'm organizing an EOM Tour of the Bluegrass The link to the map with waypoints is HERE! For Leg 1. I haven't finished Leg 2 yet, but will post a link very soon on this page.

We need to leave at 9 am sharp from the Campground to visit Fort Boonesboro and make to to Red State BBQ on time. Red State is a great, inexpensive BBQ joint right by the Kentucky Horse Park. It's Website is HERE!

We need to leave Red State by 1245 to make the Buffalo Trace "Hard Hat "Distillery Tour by 1:30 pm .

I have reserved 10 Spots (first come, first serve via PM on this forum to me.) on the Hard Hat Tour ( which I did last month and is great!) at 1:30 pm Friday, Sept 23, 2011. Buffalo Trace is not on the "Official" Distillery Trail, but makes some of the most heralded bourbons in the business such as George Stagg ( barrel proofed) and the iconic 23 y/o Pappy Van Winkle. Their website is HERE!

Please note that I have NO economic interest in any of these entities! They are fun places that I've enjoyed in Kentucky. You will have to purchase your own food. The distillery tour is free.

Please let me know if there are any questions, concerns or comments otherwise. Thanks! James

:twn:
Sounds like a good trip right in my back yard I live about 3.5 miles north of Red State and have been to several of your destinations multiple times.

Mike, it was nice to meet you at D & H picking up the Super Ten. My wife is telling me that she wants to ride the Super Ten to EOM. So I guess it's a Super Ten leading the charge into the Bluegrass.

Finally got the route done on my Garmin and Mapsource. Old dogs can learn new tricks! GPS route posted in edited header above. Please note the changes in the time line as well. Look forward to meeting everyone and let me know if there is a problem! Thanks, James

PM sent...I have 4 others in my cabin I'll alert

I see it's Friday...looks free...very cool...https://www.buffalotrace.com/guide_tourtimes_m.asp

I'm sure there's flexibility once we're all at the gathering, but it's looks like fun and a Plan A

Hey everyone, Thanks for the interest. This is what I have.

Protondecay123 and Mrs. Protondecay123 - Will do the Trace Tour at 2pm

1) Bustanut Joker

2) TheZsdad

2) El Toro Joe

4) MEM

5) BigOgre

6) Chivvalry

7) Patriot

8) Mvette

This is a combined list first come, first served from both forums. I will check with Buffalo Trace and see if we can have more room available on the Hard Hat Tour, but right now our allotment is full. I know there are a couple of you that are wanting other friends to join we will do our best to accomodate them for the Buffalo Trace Hard Hat Tour. They can ride up with us, see Old Fort Boonesborough, eat some BBQ and do the 2pm Trace Tour which has no limit. I'll update this thread as developments arise. Also if you decide to drop out let me know ASAP. Thanks, James

Here's the updated list. My wife and I will do the 2 pm Trace Tour to open up two spots on the Hard Hat Tour.

Protondecay123 and Mrs. Protondecay123 - Will do the Trace Tour at 2pm

1) Bustanut Joker

2) TheZsdad

2) El Toro Joe

4) MEM

5) BigOgre

6) Chivvalry

7) Patriot

8) Mvette

Latest Update

Hard Hat Tour @ 1:30 pm

1) Bustanut Joker

2) TheZsdad

2) El Toro Joe

4) MEM

5) BigOgre

6) Chivvalry

7) Patriot

8) Mvette

9) FeeJer Fred

10) Mrs. FeeJer Fred

Trace Tour @ 2:00 pm

1) Protondecay123

2) Mrs.Protondecay123

3) TheZsdad's Friend

Also I will friend everyone on the tour and will ask for some information. Also please carry a first aid kit on your bike. Not a requirement but a strong suggestion. Thanks Again, James

Also I will friend everyone on the tour and will ask for some information. Also please carry a first aid kit on your bike. Not a requirement but a strong suggestion. Particularly with something to stop blood loss (trauma pac, tourniquet etc)
HUH?! What kind of a tour IS this ? :blink:

I've done a number of group rides but have never encountered this particular request / requirement / strong suggestion ...

Most of us probably carry basics anyway (like Bandaids)....

1) Bustanut Joker

4) MEM
oh my...the opposites on one tour...Bust drunk...well...

then MEM...no way am I gonna be able to concentrate on the tour...'specially if she's wearing leather !!!

Also please carry a first aid kit on your bike. Not a requirement but a strong suggestion. Particularly with something to stop blood loss (trauma pac, tourniquet etc) Thanks Again, James
I never leave home without all this stuff...my EOD friends' suggestions have it covered if you ride with me

Murphy's law is : if you bring it, you will not need it

Also I will friend everyone on the tour and will ask for some information. Also please carry a first aid kit on your bike. Not a requirement but a strong suggestion. Particularly with something to stop blood loss (trauma pac, tourniquet etc)
HUH?! What kind of a tour IS this ? :blink:

I've done a number of group rides but have never encountered this particular request / requirement / strong suggestion ...

Most of us probably carry basics anyway (like Bandaids)....
I'll bring extra cigars...just in case :lol: