EOM Tour of the Bluegrass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cigar might be a good plug for an emergency Joe. I have a first aid kit with trauma pak on my bike as well and (knock on wood) have never used it. I've been to quite a few rallys and it seems that there is always a crash (jinx?). I try to ride fairly safe and the route we have will be a usual mix of backroads etc. nothing too technical for the most part. Not trying to scare anyone, but just thinking "Be Prepared".

Remember to grab your ankles when you hear those dueling banjos!!!

That cigar might be a good plug for an emergency Joe. I have a first aid kit with trauma pak on my bike as well and (knock on wood) have never used it. I've been to quite a few rallys and it seems that there is always a crash (jinx?). I try to ride fairly safe and the route we have will be a usual mix of backroads etc. nothing too technical for the most part. Not trying to scare anyone, but just thinking "Be Prepared".

Remember to grab your ankles when you hear those dueling banjos!!!
You start talking about how purty someone's mouth is and I might have to reconsider this trip. :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
'cause you already had your road flares and tire slime, right?
Make that Stop n Go plugger kit, sticky strings & slime mini compressor...I'm set. Lucky for me last time I had a hole in my tire I was with Wayne(extrememarine)...lesson learned
Don't forget the flares... they work great to light cigars.... (okay, I'm guessing not really and I wouldn't try it... :p )

New version of GPX file uploaded for James.

Go to www.fjreom.com/routes. Make sure you have version 2!

Wayne
One note of caution:

When I pulled this newer version of this route into Mapsource (maps Ver 2011.2) it messed up the south west corner of the loop. I could tell it was messed up by comparing to the prior version. I just had to add one via point in Burnside (between WP-India and the route's end) to get it back the way it was intended.

It was very nice of Ashe to lend his expertise to "tweaking" the route. Thanks again for the tweaks! J

P.S. The List has been updated.

Wayne
One note of caution:

When I pulled this newer version of this route into Mapsource (maps Ver 2011.2) it messed up the south west corner of the loop. I could tell it was messed up by comparing to the prior version. I just had to add one via point in Burnside (between WP-India and the route's end) to get it back the way it was intended.
I must have missed it somehow. Normally I have route tracks to compare with the calculated route, but not this time. My version-2 thing was a quick pass at doing some touchups. I'll learn not to rush things one of these days... probably at my funeral.

Wayne
One note of caution:

I must have missed it somehow. Normally I have route tracks to compare with the calculated route, but not this time. My version-2 thing was a quick pass at doing some touchups. I'll learn not to rush things one of these days... probably at my funeral.
It may have been due to the recalculation to my version of maps. I've noticed that this same thing happens even with some of my old routes that have not been edited at all, that when you recalc them on a new map version it will find a slightly different route between distant via points. Might have something to do with the average speed embedded in the map for those roads changed between versions.

Hey Everyone, FYI we will meet at the Riding Stables right at the Campgroud 2 entrance off of 90. Also let everyone know that this tour is not closed. The Trace tour is unlimited so anyone can go that wants. It's just they will do the Trace Tour rather than the Hard Hat Tour.