#21 SacramentoMike

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 01 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'm leaving in the morning--early, like 4 a.m. (Old Mikey, do you BELIEVE it?) I'm rooming with Phil Ellis and he mentioned this meetup, so I'm going to try to make it. Crossing NV on 50 tomorrow, then playing around in southern UT and who knows where in Colorado? Should have plenty of time to do that and meet up with this bunch. You can go first and locate the LEOs, 'k? ;)
"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx
"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff." Jack Handy
"Watch out for that tree!" George of the Jungle
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#22 Bugnatr

Bugnatr

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,786 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:01 PM

I'm leaving in the morning--early, like 4 a.m. (Old Mikey, do you BELIEVE it?) I'm rooming with Phil Ellis and he mentioned this meetup, so I'm going to try to make it. Crossing NV on 50 tomorrow, then playing around in southern UT and who knows where in Colorado? Should have plenty of time to do that and meet up with this bunch. You can go first and locate the LEOs, 'k? ;)

Be sure to ride Nv 722 just past Middlegate, brings you back to 50 just before Austin. Hwy 141 in Co. gets my vote for a fun ride. Have a good time in Toas!

04 Feejeer taken out by Bambi

10 KTM Supermoto990     08 Hondapotamas   00 KLR650   85 XT350   IBA # 20890

#23 Old Michael

Old Michael

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts
  • Other or considering FJR

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:15 PM

I'm leaving in the morning--early, like 4 a.m. (Old Mikey, do you BELIEVE it?) ;)

No.

Have a safe trip, Mike. See you in a few days.

#24 patch308

patch308

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  • Other or considering FJR

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

If you want, pm me and I'll get you my number. I'd be happy to meet you guys in Cimaron for the ride into Toas and if you want a side excursion can show you a nice little twisty, generally uncrowded road (loop). lemme know.
Posted Image Yes, it took me THIS long to figure out how to make the SW-FOG thingy part of my signature line...FML.
2007 BMW R1200 GS Adventure...deal with it

#25 phroenips

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a made up word

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:49 AM

Mike, were you thinking about meeting us in Colorado Springs at 9am? Or try to intercept us somewhere along the way?

If you want, pm me and I'll get you my number. I'd be happy to meet you guys in Cimaron for the ride into Toas and if you want a side excursion can show you a nice little twisty, generally uncrowded road (loop). lemme know.

Thanks Patch, I'll PM you. Are you referring to the route through Red River? Or something else? I'm thinking we'll probably stop in Raton for lunch and gas, probably around 12:30ish. So, after lunch, and that damn stretch of straight and flat 64 to Cimarron, we'd be there sometime around 2pm or so.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
2003 Honda Shadow 750 A.C.E., 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90, 2008 Yamaha WR250R, 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A

#26 phroenips

phroenips

Pronounced "Free-nips"...it's just a made up word

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

Update: Turns out the Phillips 66 that used to be on the west side of I-25 (toward the mountains) is now a Shell. That means there are two Shell stations on either side of I-25! The one I am referring to is 435 GARDEN OF THE GODS RD COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80907-4217. It's on the EAST side of I-25 (away from the mountains).

(updated first post as well)
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image
2003 Honda Shadow 750 A.C.E., 2009 Suzuki Boulevard M90, 2008 Yamaha WR250R, 2007 Yamaha FJR1300A

#27 SacramentoMike

SacramentoMike

Not Safe For Work

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,933 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

Now I doubt Ill be joining you all for the ride down. Looks like it would add too much to my day tomorrow. Thanks for the offer tho and see you in Taos!
"These are my principles. If you don't like them, I have others." Groucho Marx
"Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff." Jack Handy
"Watch out for that tree!" George of the Jungle
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#28 dingofarmer

dingofarmer

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • 2006 ABS AE (Gen II) World

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

Update: Turns out the Phillips 66 that used to be on the west side of I-25 (toward the mountains) is now a Shell. That means there are two Shell stations on either side of I-25! The one I am referring to is 435 GARDEN OF THE GODS RD COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80907-4217. It's on the EAST side of I-25 (away from the mountains).

(updated first post as well)

Hope your having a good time, count me in for next year, and the hope that the guys choose CO, is pleasing.

John