Group Ride Up and Over to SW-FOG from Arizona.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Tucson Joe, TJ's wife Cecilia, Papa Chuy and PC's Gal Donna were on the phone yesterday discussing our rides up and over to Taos. We're looking at spending Monday night, September 5 Labor Day in the Northwestern Corner of New Mexico; probably Farmington. Perhaps even Shiprock or Aztec.

As we get closer to the Holiday Weekend, Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy will announce which lodging we have picked out. This will also work well for the Specific North Wet, Kalifornios, Nevada and Utah SW-FOG 2011 Attendees. Any suggestions please contact me at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

This will allow us to meander the scenic Northern Nuevo Mexico route to Taos, Nuevo Mexico at our leisure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tucson Joe, TJ's wife Cecilia, Papa Chuy and PC's Gal Donna were on the phone yesterday discussing our rides up and over to Taos. We're looking at spending Monday night, September 5 Labor Day in the Northwestern Corner of New Mexico; probably Farmington. Perhaps even Shiprock or Aztec.

As we get closer to the Holiday Weekend, Tucson Joe and Papa Chuy will announce which lodging we have picked out. This will also work well for the Specific North Wet, Kalifornios, Nevada and Utah SW-FOG 2011 Attendees. Any suggestions please contact me at either 480-440-4666 or [email protected]

This will allow us to meander the scenic Northern Nuevo Mexico route to Taos, Nuevo Mexico at our leisure.
Don,

In a perfect FJR ride setting, all sounds great.

But see my recent post about the 22,000 HD that will be hogging the very same roads that weekend.

Bike Week

Don,

But see my recent post about the 22,000 HD that will be hogging the very same roads that weekend.

Bike Week
No problemo Eduardo, HA Sonny Barger and I've been Amigo's since the late Sixties! Red and White Forever!

Don, It looks like Farmington might be the place to stay.

It may be far enough to the east to get away from the HD group.

Just saying.

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Don, It looks like Farmington might be the place to stay.

It may be far enough to the east to get away from the HD group.

Just saying.

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Asi Jose, Farmington sounds good to me. I have been to Bike Week before on my Harleys, both the Twin Cam and the Shovelhead. By Noon on Labor Day, not a soul is left in Ignacio; it is a ghost town by then, with everybody riding back to where they came from! Verdad, ese!

Don,

Bike Week
No problemo Eduardo, Sonny Barger and I've been Amigo's since the late Sixties! Red and White Forever!
Good luck in trying to pass up groups of 100+ hogs and all the Sonny Bargers.

Don,

Bike Week
No problemo Eduardo, Sonny Barger and I've been Amigo's since the late Sixties! Red and White Forever!
Good luck in trying to pass up groups of 100+ hogs and all the Sonny Bargers.
Trust me on this Ed, they'll all be going the opposite direction that we'll be heading coming from Arizona and California on Labor Day. I've been to La Plata County Colorado Bike Week half dozen times over the years on my Harleys, it was held in Durango long before it was ever held in Ignacio; event goes back many decades.

On the Saturday and Sunday of Bike Week Labor Day Holiday, you can barely walk downtown with the immense crowds. But by Noon on Labor Day, Ignacio is a complete ghost town; everybody is heading to Los Angeles, San Francisco, Albuquerque, Denver or SLC, UT! The exact opposite direction of the way we are going!

https://travelc.priceline.com/hotel/searchResults.do?jsk=5564010a4663010a20110810231531198021636331&key=gr6x46vf&showDP=y&NYOPRedirNI=null Just for grins and giggles, I went over to Priceline.com and inquired about booking Farmington, New Mexico for Monday night September 5 - Labor Day Night.

Farmington is absolutely wide open for lodgings, not a single occupancy is sold out for that day!

We are bunking in Springdale UT (Zion) Saturday night and then heading to Durango for 2 nights via Page AZ and Cortez. The Highlanders are shooting up hwy 12 to Torrey, accross to Hanksville, Hite marina and meet us in Durango for 2 nights. The 2nd day we plan to ride the loop, up 550 to Silverton, Ouray, Telluride, Deloris and back to Durango. Should be a blast. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Because the HOG rally ends on Labor Day, most will probably pull out early Monday morning and be long gone by the time we get through that area. It'll be a blast.

Because the HOG rally ends on Labor Day, most will probably pull out early Monday morning and be long gone by the time we get through that area. It'll be a blast.
+1, Gunny; es Verdad, Dan! Hola Tucson Jose y Cecilia: Big-D and Papa Chuy just got off of the phone and it is a GO that we will be staying with you in Farmington on Labor Day night, September 5. Please let us know what lodging you want to stay at and we will book at the same hotel.

For anyone that wants to tag along with Big-D and BeemerDonS leaving Arizona: We are going to meet in Holbrook at High Noon on Monday 9/5. I can send you or tell you our meet up location, just contact me at either [email protected] or 480-440-4666.

Last year we did not make reservations anywhere.

Only place that had a room was a Motel 6.

I do not recommend this. Lets get something else.

What time and where should we meet up with you to make it to Holbrook on time to

meed Dan?

Joe (Tucson Joe)

Last year we did not make reservations anywhere.

Only place that had a room was a Motel 6.

I do not recommend this. Lets get something else.

What time and where should we meet up with you to make it to Holbrook on time to

meet Dan?

Joe (Tucson Joe)
Buenas Tardes Jose, Wouldn't it be easier if the four of us just met in Holbrook at Joe and Aggie's Cafe at High Noon? This Restaurant has been owned by La Familia Gallegos for 50 years and Papa Chuy has been eating there for 25 years. La Comida Mexicana mas Excelente!

Location: 120 West Hopi Road, Holbrook, AZ 928-524-6540. https://www.joeandaggiescafe.com https://classic.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Chandler&1s=AZ&1a=1061+N+Amber+St&1z=85225-8718&1y=US&1l=33.32212&1g=-111.80997&1v=ADDRESS&2c=Holbrook&2s=AZ&2a=120+W+Hopi+Dr&2z=86025-2946&2y=US&2l=34.901704&2g=-110.159161&2v=ADDRESS Here is the route I will be taking from Chandler at 0830.

If you are looking for me out on the road: I am the tall, dark, incredibly handsome (muy Guapo!) and slender Caballero riding the totally beautiful red BMW K1600GT; I look exactly like Tom Selleck from Magnum P. I.!

Hey, you two old fucks have at it. I guess at your elevated age it doesn't really matter what kind of scenery you ride through. All you are thinking about is the next stop where you can spend some quality time on the shitter. That and those old fukin eyes of yours can't see for shit anywho.

:finger: