NERDS Pictures

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My NERDS Rally pictures are hosted here. Here are a few samples:

img_1005_std.jpg
Ed & Grace's

img_1010_std.jpg
NERDS salute!

img_1017_std.jpg
Lunch at Rosie's

img_1025_std.jpg
App Gap curves

img_1028c_std.jpg
Bustanut Joker and Dolly

img_1058_std.jpg

img_1060_std.jpg
Happy Hour

img_1066_std.jpg
Heading home

Nice pics dickweasel .. upstaged me again ya did! Your, carver, girly like scream overshadowed my Michael Jackson acceptance speech... Dik!

Anybody have video of that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of when Gary's number was selected and that girlish scream he let out with.. It was right after I spoke.

I thought Andy was going to loose it. :lol:

Of when Gary's number was selected and that girlish scream he let out with.. It was right after I spoke.

I thought Andy was going to loose it. :lol:
That was speaking!? All I remember was some drunken gibberish.

I found this photo on my iPhone from the lunch stop in Saranac Lake NY. We were having lunch when the Mayor's Regatta floated by ...

IMG0630-L.jpg

So here are a few pics Grace and I took. This was the first time Grace shot pics whilst riding. I think the last time she used a camera may have been in the previous century...

We got to Little River State Campground Sunday afternoon after meandering our way thru New Hampshire and Vermont from Pepperell, MA.

This pic is Monday morning; note prodigious dampness...

IMG_1115.jpg

Also note happy camper's opinion of dampness...

IMG_1109.jpg

The rain continued all day. We were pinned to the campsite. No reliable cell service, no books, no tv, no internet...BOOORRRINNG!! Then you start to notice nature details that you are stuck staring at, like this red squirrel sitting in a tree. That little fella sat there all day, and was up there Tuesday morning...

IMG_1116.jpg

Here's a close up of the squirrel taken on Tuesday...

IMG_1117.jpg

We dried out Tuesday and did some of the villages & sweepers route.

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1189.jpg

Wednesday we headed over to Ed's (not Fred's) place for Tech Day. Note the Vermont style billboard Ed helpfully erected to help us find his place...

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1201closeup.jpg

Ed did an idle sync for us (thanks Ed!), we did some light riding, and came back for the BBQ. Ed's chili was best, altho his son's was good, too.

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Somebody drop a nickle?

IMG_1208.jpg

Thursday about 3am it started pouring...again. :angry2: But it cleared up, we packed up the wet tent and tarp, and decamped to the Commodore's Inn, where we hotelled it for the afternoon. Took a dip in the pool, joined everyone for the buffet.

Friday we did the lakes & upper dacks run with Charlie and Lynn on their silver autoclutch. We caught up to the Champlain islands bunch on Grand Isle and took the obligatory couples pic...

IMG_1211.jpg

My wife, Lorena Bobbit, took a pick of this church with it's phallic symbol chopped off... :glare:

IMG_1227.jpg

We zipped past the Canuckistan border...

IMG_1233.jpg

...and we hit the Saranac Lakes region...

IMG_1257.jpg

...Lake Placid...

IMG_1273.jpg

...and Tracy Rd. (No pics, intrepid photographer was busy holding on for dear life.)

Charming ladies on ferry...

IMG_1276.jpg

...which will soon be obsolete.

IMG_1280.jpg

Did the Barbeque, no embarrassing pics. Saturday we headed out with Mattster and his buddy Glenn (note his stealth helmet and FJR disguised as a BMW), Aroostook, and us two up and did the 6 Gaps plus optional notch. Matt and Glenn were heading back to Ontario after the last gap, Chris hadn't done the notch yet, so we did the notch, turned around on the other side, and came back to the hotel rather than complete the loop.

IMG_1292.jpg

Sunday my Daughter's Wedding shower was scheduled for 11:30am, so we hooked up the trailer and blasted out at 7:30, hit the slab, and made it home around 10:30.

We had a great week in Vermont! Thanks NERDS!!

Now, we just need a bunch of "thought bubbles" above each person's head...you know...to know what people are REALLY thinking during this photo shoot. :D
Excellent idea!!

Here's my rendition of what they were all thinking when the picture was taken:

cheese.jpg

Ya know, guys, while Sooze and I had a GREAT time at NERDS, the whole time we were there, there was something that just wasn't quite right.

It's one of those feelings that is there, but you don't really realize it's there for a while, ya know?

Kinda like when you have a booger hanging out of your nose, but you're not quite sure and don't want to be 'that' guy picking your nose in pulic.

Or when your fly is down and you feel a nice breeze that you don't normally feel.

It's taken a little while, but it finally dawned on me what's wrong.

Look at this picture and tell me who's missing:

All the NERDS... (send me a PM if you would like a larger version of the picture)

NERDS11Small.jpg

Anyone?

Anyone see what's wrong with this picture??

Anyone???

There's no Petey! EVERY damn FJR rally I've been to has had Petey in attendance. Granted Rob did his best impersonation of Petey (sneaking up on me all ninja-style and shit), it just wasn't the same.

Petey - you OK there, bud??

Oh puh-leeze Andy, knock it the Hell off! Rob imitating Petey? Are ye fecking nuts! That would be the exact equivalent of Pee Wee Herman imitating Chuck Norris, no friggin' way; not close to the bullseye and nowhere near the target, Amigo! You slay me, Dude!

Last edited by a moderator: