Exceptional Service - Yamaha Dealer

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
I ran into technical difficulties with my bike while attending NERDS - to be chronicled in the Technical Problems section.

Without an appointment or even a phone call, I took it in to Roadside Marine in Williston VT last Thursday morning. They bumped a bike already on the lift and managed to get me in. We thought the issues were ignition related (started acting up in the rain) so they checked battery connections, changed plugs, dielectric greased everything in sight, sprayed the HV stuff with silicone to prevent possible arcing and even did the Gen II wiring recall (S4 spider was not corroded). Reasonable cost and service above and beyond...

Still having problems so I took it back on Saturday for some suggestions on what they thought I should look for (had been extensively discussed with some of the Forum's technical experts but I wanted their point-of-view as well). The manager (Mike Brisson) said that they were busy and he had a couple of guys off (remember, this is a Saturday!). I explained that I just wanted some suggestions of what I might look for when I got home but he said they would have another look anyway. He discovered that #2 exhaust header was running cooler than the others. They pulled the plugs and #2 was definately darker. They re-did a TBS (we did it at Ed's Tech Day), checked the plug wires and caps. Checked wiring and any obvious stuff they could think of.

In all, they spent an additional 1.5 hours on it (again, no appointment). Mike was apologetic at the end when he said that they couldn't do anything more but was suspecting the problem might be a fuel injector. They had no way to test it that day and did not have a spare injector in stock. They put in some fuel conditiner/injector cleaner and indicated that it might improve with some driving but I should get it looked at ASAP. He sincerely wanted to do more but there was simply no time. He asked that I call him when the issue was resolved - really wanted to know what the problem was for future reference. Adding to his knowledge base.

I thanked him profusely for the help and asked what I owed him. His response was "Have a nice day!".

He couldn't fix the specific issue but got me in twice without appointments. Didn't even charge me for the second visit. Who says that nobody provides service anymore? I wish my local dealers were on the same page (or even reading the same book).

Kudos to Mike Brisson and the staff at Roadside Marine - Yamaha Dealer/Service in Williston Vermont.

Ross

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... that is a great story. I really like hearing things like that! thanks.

And good luck with it.

Last edited by a moderator: