Join Seth and Don Stanley Riding Utah's National Parks!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damnit Dan, Do not post pictures like that here! RadioHowie will get a blue veined diamond cutter so hard that the cat can't scratch it, you just know how RH is about his sex life "aquatic"!

BullfrogUT.jpg

Get'n the fjr ready for the trip (new rear tire due tommorow, change gear oil, replaced front signal, oil change) Weather says it should be 60 & sunny in torrey!

BUMP REMINDER! There are still rooms available at the three lodgings if anyone still wants to join us, just give them a call. The weather will be perfect for this October Utah National Parks Ride!

FJRBluesman, RPrice, ShinyPartsUp, azitilies, fljab, dcarver, marcusorelius, Duke the Wonder Dog, Ken, Jim in Phoenix and all other Utah October Riders: I've added the toll free numbers and websites for the three night's lodgings below. Hope to see all of you, and any interested others, join up with The Stanley Boys on October 11.

Tuesday, October 11 at San Juan Inn in Mexican Hat, Utah: 1-800-447-2022 https://www.sanjuaninn.net/

Wednesday, October 12 at Rimrock Inn in Torrey, Utah: 1-888-447-4676 https://www.therimrock.net/

Thursday, October 13 at Driftwood Lodge in Zion, Utah: 1-888-801-8811 https://www.driftwoodlodge.net/

Ain't in the cards for me, Don, but I'll concur that Southern Utah in early October is ridiculously beautiful.

The autumn colors are fierce, especially on that stretch of 12 (Grand Staircase) between Henrieville and Torrey.

Y'all have a great trip!

(And during photo stops through there, keep an eye on Shiny. Turn your back on him, and he'll hop a fence and start chasing livestock.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ain't in the cards for me, Don, but I'll concur that Southern Utah in early October is ridiculously beautiful.

The autumn colors are fierce, especially on that stretch of 12 (Grand Staircase) between Henrieville and Torrey.

Y'all have a great trip!

(And during photo stops through there, keep an eye on Shiny. Turn your back on him, and he'll hop a fence and start chasing livestock.)
You are right Mick, it won't be all Wine and Roses; keeping an eye on Shiny is a full time job, I sometimes wonder if he is Italian rather than Irish!

Y'all have a great trip!

You are right Mick, it won't be all Wine and Roses; keeping an eye on Shiny is a full time job, I sometimes wonder if he is Italian rather than Irish!
Whatever happened to all those times you yell at us for putting fellow finians down papa? My feelings are hurt. You like old mick better than me!

But if the chance does happen, would you take pictures of me for those "lonely moments"?

You boys have fun now... I have taken the liberty of giving advance notice to the authorities and all livestock farmers in the areas you'll be traveling... hope you have a great trip! B)

You boys have fun now... I have taken the liberty of giving advance notice to the authorities and all livestock farmers in the areas you'll be traveling... hope you have a great trip! B)
I am so going to have my hands full with Shiny, Miss Tyler.

Lots and lots of goats up in Utah, both wild and domestic.

FeralGoatDM_468x487.jpg

I am so going to have my hands full with Shiny, Miss Tyler.

Lots and lots of goats up in Utah, both wild and domestic.

FeralGoatDM_468x487.jpg
I don't know about that one. Reminds me a little of FJRay.... :huh:

A description I found on Highway 12: "Windswept red-rock canyons, towering sandstone formations, pristine lakes, and pine-studded mountain ranges combine for an altogether over-the-top sensory experience in Southern Utah.

The setting for several stunning national parks, this remarkable road connects those at Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef, and offers unique beauty and seemingly limitless recreational opportunities on a stretch of land between the two parks' boundaries.

Utah Highway 12, also known as Highway 12 Scenic Byway, is one of only 27 nationally designated All-American Roads—the highest honor a road can get for attractive scenery. This spectacular route travels away from Bryce Canyon, through the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, and over the forested Boulder Mountain and the Dixie National Forest, before winding down near the entrance to Capitol Reef.

The scenery is unforgettable along the entire length of the road—especially during the brilliant red-rock sunsets that provide a glorious grand finale to a day's driving adventure here."

A description I found on Highway 12: "Windswept red-rock canyons, towering sandstone formations, pristine lakes, and pine-studded mountain ranges combine for an altogether over-the-top sensory experience in Southern Utah.

The setting for several stunning national parks, this remarkable road connects those at Bryce Canyon and Capitol Reef, and offers unique beauty and seemingly limitless recreational opportunities on a stretch of land between the two parks' boundaries.

Utah Highway 12, also known as Highway 12 Scenic Byway, is one of only 27 nationally designated All-American Roads—the highest honor a road can get for attractive scenery. This spectacular route travels away from Bryce Canyon, through the Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument, and over the forested Boulder Mountain and the Dixie National Forest, before winding down near the entrance to Capitol Reef.

The scenery is unforgettable along the entire length of the road—especially during the brilliant red-rock sunsets that provide a glorious grand finale to a day's driving adventure here."
Thanks for the great Highway 12 Report, Mark! The weather is going to be perfect for this Utah Ride, 75F high and 45 low with sunshine. All the rain is going to those sorry ass mooks in California!

https://www.intellicast.com/Local/Forecast.aspx?location=USUT0159

I will not be able to make this ride either unfortunately. I was made an offer I could not refuse on a new toy and just couldn't pass it up. It was either ride with a bunch of scallywags or spend my trip money+ on something I had been looking at for a while and accessories to go along with it. So this time the trip lost out.

But I've already purchased my yearly America the Beautiful National Parks Pass, so I feel compelled to use it come Spring. Perhaps a trip out to see that old fuker in Michigan will be in he cards.

Dan

I will not be able to make this ride either unfortunately. I was made an offer I could not refuse on a new toy and just couldn't pass it up. It was either ride with a bunch of scallywags or spend my trip money+ on something I had been looking at for a while and accessories to go along with it. So this time the trip lost out.

But I've already purchased my yearly America the Beautiful National Parks Pass, so I feel compelled to use it come Spring. Perhaps a trip out to see that old fuker in Michigan will be in he cards.

Dan
Darn,

I was hoping to meet ya. I'm still on, though the weather is starting to turn nasty. I may have to take a southerly route rather than a planned easterly one. I still need to pick up my pass too. Hope to catch up with ya next year.

Dan
Darn,

I was hoping to meet ya. I'm still on, though the weather is starting to turn nasty. I may have to take a southerly route rather than a planned easterly one. I still need to pick up my pass too. Hope to catch up with ya next year.
Brother Michael, Confucius says: "Be very careful of what you wish for!" Papa Chuy Viejo is very afraid that this is Big-Dan's new "toy" and you don't really want to see the accessories! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Pleasuretoys-glass-dildo.png

Good Morning Mark, for some reason neither one of your links will open up for me on my PC. But, here is the route that Seth and I are taking:

East from Mexican Hat on Route 163 to Bluff, North on 191 to Blanding, Northwest on 95 to Hanksville, then finally West on 24 to Torrey, Utah.