AMA/DMG DiSalvo to Triumph

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrgary

Reaction score
I just read that Jason DiSalvo will race a Triumph 675 instead of the Ducati 848 he has been racing this season in the Daytona Sportbike class. Has anyone heard why the switch other than his PR BS? I suspect that after the DMG made him add 5 lbs to the Ducati he no longer was competitive against the faster revving 600's. After adding the weight he no longer was getting pole positions or winning races.

I just read that Jason DiSalvo will race a Triumph 675 instead of the Ducati 848 he has been racing this season in the Daytona Sportbike class. Has anyone heard why the switch other than his PR BS? I suspect that after the DMG made him add 5 lbs to the Ducati he no longer was competitive against the faster revving 600's. After adding the weight he no longer was getting pole positions or winning races.
Had not heard that but no doubt he has been slower than when I saw him at Sears Point earlier this year. Did you see him run the Harley 1200 at Indy- not bad. DVR is all set for AMA and Moto gp this weekend :yahoo:

And don't forget World Superbike and AMA Motocross too. So much racing going on this weekend I'm afraid my DVR will overheat and quit working. I did watch the Harley 1200's wallowing around the Indy track. Very close (but slow compared to MotoGP) racing. You could see some of the racers (Holden) were getting impatient and began braking late and running in deep, making contact, forcing the other racers off line and to crash. Reminded me of Simoncelli. But it was fun to watch them trying to get every ounce of performance out of thoose Harleys.

I heard elsewhere that the Latus team was tired of getting zero support from Duc and Triumph promised some engineering help.

I'm not a big DiSalvo fan, but it was cool to see another Triumph on the grid. I hope they do well next year.

I heard elsewhere that the Latus team was tired of getting zero support from Duc and Triumph promised some engineering help.

I'm not a big DiSalvo fan, but it was cool to see another Triumph on the grid. I hope they do well next year.
Correct on the issue with zero support.

Current plan is to run Triumph next year and they're getting an early jump on development.