Nova Scotia Ride - Almost

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Canadian FJR

Canadian FJR
Reaction score
A few of us Nova Scotia riders decided it would be a great day for a little run on some of Nova Scotia's back roads. Since I'm still waiting for a rear tire for the FJR I decided to take my trusty old KLR. Once we met in Truro for coffee I told the boys to take it easy on me since I was down 3 cylinders and 100 hp.

SAM_0433.jpg

Just before leaving I found that two of the chain rollers were cracked. One of the fine riders that I was traveling with figured it was fine and said just ride it...........

I decided to head towards home and at least show these two other yahoos a few nice twisties. Once we hit Pictou County we parted ways.

I'm thinking it was a wise decision for me not to tag along.

SAM_0435.jpg

I also discovered this.

SAM_0436.jpg

There appears to be a few teeth missing. :huh:

Fun ride while it lasted. Maybe next time I'll get to finish.

Canadian FJR

Last edited by a moderator:
One of the fine riders that I was traveling with figured it was fine and said just ride it...........

Canadian FJR
That would have been the one on the right (?)

:p

Bummer about your ride. Perhaps the Cabot Trail with the Leaf-Peepers !?

:D That sounds like a great idea..............I think I just may do that in the morning.

Thanks for the info old wise one.

Canadian FJR
https://www.klr650.com/ChainandSprocketdeal.htm Canadian FJR: I don't know where you buy your KLR parts, but I found this outfit was the very best for great prices and instant availability. I do not know how badly you will be impacted by CA Customs or by shipping, but I definitely highly recommend klr650.com for anything Kawasaki KLR!

Last edited by a moderator: