2012 FJR1300 information released

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just went and hugged my liquid silver 03. Still the best and because I have a spare engine it will be here a really long time. :yahoo:
+1, Gunny; I just hugged and kissed my Miss Lucy Liu, if she needs her engine rebuilt I know a really great mechanic in La Pine, OR!

Yamaha just released information on the 2012 FJR.

The big news?

It's Blue!

As in Cobalt blue. Same as the 2006 FJR. Available in November. MSRP now is $15,590. Only $100 more than last year! (Hey, blue paint must me cheap!) $400 more than 2010 model. Linky.

No other changes that I can see.

How underwhelming, even if expected.

img.jpg
Hey, its totally changed! Electric grips are now standard.

Actually some dimensional changes if your compare stats with the '06.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hell, with the economy being the way it is I am just glad they are continuing to make the FJR at all.
Agreed but, when you don't change anything (really)and just pump out the number you are confident you'll sell; it's not much of a risk keeping it in the line-up.

but where's the cruise control, and the traction control, and the seat warmer/cooler that everyone has been promising me?!?!?!

EDIT: How could I forget the missing 6 speed transmission?!?! Those bastards!!!
Has enyone else here ever been to a motorcycle dealership? Have you noticed that other manufacturers make models that have color options? Is this a sign that FJR sales are so low that it's not cost effective to offer color options?

When I bought my CBR, I think there were something like 6 color options!!!
Honda did the same thing with the ST1300. But like you said on the other models there would be several color options available. Go figure!

WOW,can you say boringggggggggg.New dealer signs to read Yamaha/Suzuki old school.

Lets take the sum of all are old parts laying on the shelf and make 2012 FJR??and charge more $$.

Very disappointing,but nice to know that 09 is no better than 012.

"There's nothing more you could ever want or need"

It says it in the last line at the bottom of their pitch.

Imagine that...

WOW,can you say boringggggggggg.New dealer signs to read Yamaha/Suzuki old school.

Lets take the sum of all are old parts laying on the shelf and make 2012 FJR??and charge more $.

Very disappointing,but nice to know that 09 is no better than 012.
Really? So you are saying that your bike is boring?

Sucks to be you. Mine is anything but boring.

It says it in the last line at the bottom of their pitch.

Imagine that...

Zactly right!! :yahoo:

As shown in this picture, you don't even need a side stand anymore!

img.jpg
That's cuz they're gonna start putting a car tire on the rear. It'll stand up by itself. Awesome. <_<

Has enyone else here ever been to a motorcycle dealership? Have you noticed that other manufacturers make models that have color options? Is this a sign that FJR sales are so low that it's not cost effective to offer color options?

When I bought my CBR, I think there were something like 6 color options!!!
Unless I was just to young to notice, this single color for an ST per year started in about 1988 with the debut of that stupid Honda Pacific Coast 800. They were all a light gold or beige color...Remember? At the time, Honda claimed the single color was done to promote world unity. For some reason, it seems Japanese manufactures kind of took to that idea and stuck with it...Especially with the ST market.

However, if I remember right, I think Kawasaki did the same thing with the KLR650s. Right. My 2005 was red as were all I saw, and my buddy's 2007 is black, as are all the 2007s I see roaming around.

Either way, I like my Black Cherry bike. It is paid off, runs like a champ, moves its ass off, is farkled for the way I like to ride it, and will take one Hell of an upgrade to make me go out and buy a new one. Besides...My color is not recycled...Yet.

You know... when you have something that looks like Michelle Pfeiffer, does it really matter what color it is???

I too am happy to see the FJR remain available. I was expecting much worse.

To get to the real crux of the biscuit :

Only a gay guy would care what damn color his bike is.

It's about the machine here men... not the freaking color!! Same reason that chroming stuff is gay. What are you? A bunch of gurls? :rolleyes:

PS - Photo assist for my man Jeff:

michelle_pfeiffer_main_1.jpg

PPS - that is one fine red dress.

Don't mess with a good thing....

Same shit different pyle.... :D

Diggin the Blue, but its the wrong blue.... :(

Shoulda been Galaxy Blue - the only true blue... :p

When I was contemplating replacing my 05 fjr I must admit that I was a little nervous about what the future might hold regarding the 12 fjr. Went ahead and pulled the trigger anyway back in august on a new Kawasaki C-14. Now that I see this I am a little relieved that yamaha didnt set me on my ass by offering up some trick stuff like inverted forks,added useable electronics,6speed, slipper clutch etc etc.

My 14 doesnt have enough miles on it yet for me to brag or dog it. But at least as I said Yamaha didnt give me a swift kick in my ass by jumping too soon.

I guess if given the option of a 11/12 c-14 or the same old same FJR I would go with the 14 just to enjoy the difference and updated items on the bike.