2012 FJR1300 information released

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Yamaha just released information on the 2012 FJR.

The big news?

It's Blue!

As in Cobalt blue. Same as the 2006 FJR. Available in November. MSRP now is $15,590. Only $100 more than last year! (Hey, blue paint must me cheap!) $400 more than 2010 model. Linky.

No other changes that I can see.

How underwhelming, even if expected.

img.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just went and hugged my liquid silver 03. Still the best and because I have a spare engine it will be here a really long time. :yahoo:

You know what? My 08 has black side covers, and those things are pretty cheap, so I'm gonna buy some silver ones!

Then mine will look exactly like the 2013!!!! hahahahahahahah :p

You know what? My 08 has black side covers, and those things are pretty cheap, so I'm gonna buy some silver ones!

Then mine will look exactly like the 2013!!!! hahahahahahahah :p
HA, that's the first thing I thought of for MY 08... I do think the "new" color scheme is great though.

The big news?

It's Blue!

As in Cobalt blue. Same as the 2006 FJR. Available in November. MSRP now is $15,590. Only $100 more than last year! (Hey, blue paint must me cheap!) $400 more than 2010 model. Linky.

img.jpg

Wellllllllll, not exactly.

Check out the tailpiece............it's silver, 06's where blue. :lol:

The big news?

Funny line in the description...""there's nothing more you could ever want to need."

Oh really Yamaha, I love my '08 but a new model might be in order someday to compete against far newer designs.

Well, maybe next year - as we keep saying.

It's Blue!

img.jpg

I think every year of the Gen II there have been small tweaks. For example, my 2008 has a very smooth throttle system, no need for the sort of throttle modification common on earlier models.

I also am sure that there minor differences in the 2008 cowl fasteners compared to earlier models.

And we know that 2010 and beyond don't need the grounding recall.

It will be interesting to see what small changes might exist in the 2012s. Somebody rush out and buy one!

I do like the blue much better than centurion silver.

but where's the cruise control, and the traction control, and the seat warmer/cooler that everyone has been promising me?!?!?!

EDIT: How could I forget the missing 6 speed transmission?!?! Those bastards!!!

but where's the cruise control, and the traction control, and the seat warmer/cooler that everyone has been promising me?!?!?!

They fixed the defective side stand and installed automatic cancelling turn signals instead.

Wait a minute - here's the real difference:

"Pushbutton adjustable windscreen and a thick comfy seat for two are perfect for comfortable, long-distance riding."

I guess its nice to know that my 2006 Gen II is still the most current model. :yahoo:

They fixed the defective side stand and installed automatic cancelling turn signals instead.
You're right. As shown in this picture, you don't even need a side stand anymore!

img.jpg

Has enyone else here ever been to a motorcycle dealership? Have you noticed that other manufacturers make models that have color options? Is this a sign that FJR sales are so low that it's not cost effective to offer color options?

When I bought my CBR, I think there were something like 6 color options!!!