Calgary Tech Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canucklehead-biker

Reaction score
FJRGuy and I are planning another tech day for Calgary, likely on 1 or 2 October.

Depending on the work that folks plan, it could be at either my garage or his... mine if tire changes are needed, so I don't have to move the tire machine.

PM or post up if you're interested. I'll send location/date/time details to the usual suspects and anyone else who is interested.

Cheers,

Griff

Hi Jeff(s): I think I will ramble on over for the day if it's going to be that weekend. I need to install my Brodie harness (DWP did the spider check earlier this week and put on the Yamaha harness, said everything looks fine). I also need to waterproof my new cruise control switch and get it installed to replace the one that you guys haywired for me last Summer (still working great!) Maybe install some trailer harness wiring (hint, hint?)

Hi Jeff(s): I think I will ramble on over for the day if it's going to be that weekend. I need to install my Brodie harness (DWP did the spider check earlier this week and put on the Yamaha harness, said everything looks fine). I also need to waterproof my new cruise control switch and get it installed to replace the one that you guys haywired for me last Summer (still working great!) Maybe install some trailer harness wiring (hint, hint?)
Trailer wiring is a STRONG possibility. I got a heads up from Podium that the back-ordered bits I've been waiting for are finally available, so hopefully that will be all together for when you get here and you can tow the beast home.

I'll pick up the isolator relay thingy today.

Griff

I am going to try and make it up. :)

Is there anyone interested in buying a full set of reflective decals (side and the bags from realtime), yamaha magnetic oil plug and/or chrome tip over guards and maybe HID's (if they don't work with my modulator, which i don't think they will) all to fit a Gen 2? If someone is, I'll bring them along.

Worney

I'd be interested in the bag decals Worney what are you asking?
They are these https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR1300-reflective-fairing-decals for $23.99 and https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR-side-bag-decals for $13.99 and https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR1300-reflective-rear-bag-decals for $17.50 all in black with just the FJR logo on top in silver (no yamaha on the bottom). There was shipping on top of that as well. How about $30 for all of them? You can see them mounted on mine. They are almost invisible on my black beauty until the light hits them then they are impossible to miss. Let me know what you think.

Worney

Whadda ya know? Came into the regional forum to post about Tech day and Jeff's already taken care of it!
smile.gif

Long term weather forecast is looking good! Sunny and mid-teen temps. Perfect!
yahoo.gif

Dave, it'll be awesome to see you. Wanted to get out your way this summer but never got it worked into the schedule.

Worney, it'll be a nice wknd for a ride up. Bring your spare farkles with you, you never know what peeps might want if they see and touch it!
wink.gif

I'd be interested in the bag decals Worney what are you asking?
They are these https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR1300-reflective-fairing-decals for $23.99 and https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR-side-bag-decals for $13.99 and https://www.realtimeindustries.com/products.php?product=FJR1300-reflective-rear-bag-decals for $17.50 all in black with just the FJR logo on top in silver (no yamaha on the bottom). There was shipping on top of that as well. How about $30 for all of them? You can see them mounted on mine. They are almost invisible on my black beauty until the light hits them then they are impossible to miss. Let me know what you think.

Worney
I'll take the bag decals for sure Worney - see you there.

FJRGuy and I are planning another tech day for Calgary, likely on 1 or 2 October.

Depending on the work that folks plan, it could be at either my garage or his... mine if tire changes are needed, so I don't have to move the tire machine.

PM or post up if you're interested. I'll send location/date/time details to the usual suspects and anyone else who is interested.

Cheers,

Griff
Have we picked which day and set a location yet? Either would work fine for me.

Have we picked which day and set a location yet? Either would work fine for me.

FInal confirmation today. I'm voting for Saturday, at FJRGuy's... but I'll be wrenching all weekend so either day works for me, and if folks want to either start early or finish late, that won't be a problem.

I WILL have the trailer together mid-week, I'll send you a picture ;)

Griff

Last edited by a moderator:
Canucklehead and I firmed up details yesterday! Saturday doesn't work for me so we went with Sunday.

Sunday (2-Oct-2011) and my place! Anytime after sunrise until whenever we are done.

Food and beverages will be served.

I have Oil, filters, crush washers available if you need any.

Let us know what you plan to do and we'll try and make sure we have all the tools and supplies we need.

I have space available for anyone from outta town wanting to stay Saturday night and get an early start on wrenching.

Canucklehead will be wrenching at his place on Saturday so if you need a tire change pop him an email. I'm sure he will accommodate! ;-)

Canucklehead will be wrenching at his place on Saturday so if you need a tire change pop him an email. I'm sure he will accommodate! ;-)
Yep... need a tire change (or whatever) give me a shout. If you can't make it Sunday to FJRGuy's, but can drop by Saturday drop me a line and I'll give you directions to Casa Griff

Griff

Small but interesting Tech 'Wknd' this time. Worney stopped by Canucklehead's for some work yesterday and FastJoyRide arrived yesterday to get some electrical work done. FastJoyRide spent the night, completed his trailer wiring at Canuckleheads and then came over and we replaced his cruise switch at my place. Mr. FJR showed up as FastJoyRide was preparing to make the long ride back to Oyama. Mr. FJR and I spent the rest of the day learning the ins and outs of Fork Seal replacement. Mr. FJR left just before 10:00.

Was a great social time and learning experience. :)

Thanks again to the Jeff and Jeff team for a great weekend - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Riding in 200+ miles of rain each way - not so much, but we got-er-dun! (God bless Gerbing electics and my wonderful Cycleport gear - I was warm and dry)

My Brodie harness becomes this week's project, as well as tracing down an electrical gremlin somewhere in the CCS wiring. I know how to work around it, but I'd really like to find the root cause and fix it properly this time.

Nice to meet Worney briefly at Canucklehead's place on Saturday and to see Terry again, yesterday. Also great to meet FJRGuy's SO, Rosanne, and to spend some time with Lucie again.

Quality over quantity?! :winksmiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thanks for the "help" from Jeff (canucklehead-biker) :clapping: I put the help in quotes because other then a few bolts and screws I mostly watched as he told me what he was doing. :blink: But, I now think that I actually could do the job on my own if I had to, which was certainly not the case on Sat. am.

FJRGuy - Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you perhaps another time.

FastJoyRide - Sorry I had to take off so quickly, enjoy the decals.

Nice to meet Dave (Jeff's son)as well.

See you all again soon.

- worney :)

Thanks again to the Jeff and Jeff team for a great weekend - I thoroughly enjoyed it. Riding in 200+ miles of rain each way - not so much, but we got-er-dun! (God bless Gerbing electics and my wonderful Cycleport gear - I was warm and dry) My Brodie harness becomes this week's project, as well as tracing down an electrical gremlin somewhere in the CCS wiring. I know how to work around it, but I'd really like to find the root cause and fix it properly this time.Nice to meet Worney briefly at Canucklehead's place on Saturday and to see Terry again, yesterday. Also great to meet FJRGuy's SO, Rosanne, and to spend some time with Lucie again.Quality over quantity?! :winksmiley:

Another thanks for the "help" from Jeff (canucklehead-biker) :clapping: I put the help in quotes because other then a few bolts and screws I mostly watched as he told me what he was doing. :blink: But, I now think that I actually could do the job on my own if I had to, which was certainly not the case on Sat. am.FJRGuy - Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you perhaps another time.FastJoyRide - Sorry I had to take off so quickly, enjoy the decals.Nice to meet Dave (Jeff's son)as well.See you all again soon.- worney :)

Glad we could help... was nice to have you fellas over. Cheers!

Griff