EOM 2011

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Bill

Old Dog
Reaction score
9 day trip for EOM this year. S76 and I rode to Shenandoah NP and the next day met up with RoadRunner, Zooom and HerFJR in WV. Rode fun roads to North Georgia and then S76 and I continued to the BRP for a couple of days, while the NY group went to EOM. Saturday S76 had a great ride with LuvToRide, Scoops and another Jim (I don't know his forum handle).

https://youtu.be/uxrNTdyjdAgYouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a picture of your GPS when it still knew where it was. lol! Did you get that situation sorted out?

I saw a picture of your GPS when it still knew where it was. lol! Did you get that situation sorted out?
The gps gave no clue it was about to going to die soon until day one of this adventure. I'll update the software and maps with a new battery installed. I did have music, basemap, and weather radar.

S76 and I slipped out at 4am Sunday and rode between rain clouds all day. I heard someone ride out a few minutes before us. What kind of crazy person rides out before 4?

I rode with your bike at the first EOM and had a blast riding with you Saturday!

Maybe I should wash the FJR before fixing the gps:

132949.jpg

Really??? I rode with you @ the first EOM? Wow, I don't remember!!! Are you sure? I think that you rode with my bike! That was proven by pictures. Anyhoooo! The ride on Saturday was STUPENDOUS! That was by far the best ride that I've had in years. What fun! Glad to hear that you & Bob made it north alright.

"S76 and I slipped out at 4am Sunday and rode between rain clouds all day. I heard someone ride out a few minutes before us. What kind of crazy person rides out before 4?"

That would be me, wanted to get home before dark. The morning was clear, cool and fast.

It was fantastic riding With you, Bob, and of course L.T.R and Scoops.

Jim

JimStan/ZEUS

"S76 and I slipped out at 4am Sunday and rode between rain clouds all day. I heard someone ride out a few minutes before us. What kind of crazy person rides out before 4?"

That would be me, wanted to get home before dark.
Ahhh that explains everything. An old Navy guy like you would leave before 4! S76 wanted to leave earlier, but I told him this old Army guy needs his sleep. :lol:

Saturday was great riding with you all!

That would be me, wanted to get home before dark.
An old Navy guy like you would leave before 4!
another old sailor left around 0400 with mvette and old Marine burnspot (heading his own way.

I had 700mi and find night riding on the slab has many positive aspects.

Had a great time at EOM.

another old sailor left around 0400 with mvette and old Marine burnspot (heading his own way.

I had 700mi and find night riding on the slab has many positive aspects.

Had a great time at EOM.
987 miles of boring slab for me. I love riding early Sunday morning, just not too early that the drunks are still out. Night riding is fun for me too. I aim one of the hid's to light up the tree tops so when I lean into a curve it lights the road up ahead.

I had planned two days of back roads home, but my wife said she would make me an apple pie if I got home a day early. She lied to me, she said after ten days away my dogs forgot who I was. Not true! Pie was worth the quick ride though.

So six old people left EOM Sunday three and a half hours before dawn!

Nice report Bill. Thanks for posting it.

We had a great time and enjoyed your company.

I think we should go down to GA again next fall too!

Nice report Bill. Thanks for posting it.

We had a great time and enjoyed your company.

I think we should go down to GA again next fall too!
Thanks for letting this New Englander tag along. You picked some great roads into GA!

This is on the dragon the morning S76 and I left you all in GA and headed up to the BRP

132949.jpg