Wild Bill highway peg mounting brackets

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
For my last trip down to California (Napa area) I had purchased a set of "Wild Bill highway peg mounting brackets" for which I already had my own pegs! I have to say that they are the best investment in Farkles I have spent so far on my 08 FJR. Last year I road across Canada from west to east and did PEI and Newfoundland then down the east coast to Tennessee then back north to Kansas. We worked our way back over to southern California and then up the coast back to Canada 25,500 kms total. I only wish I had the pegs and brackets for that trip! On the long straight stretches of road especially when it gets warm the ability to rest your feet somewhat in front of the heat radiating from the exhaust is a great relief! The pegs fold back out of the way when the road gets more twisty so for me it is like the best of both worlds?

I purchased just the plates from wild bill, and went to install them & found the holes were a little off on my 07. All i had to do was elongate a couple of hole & all was good. I used ISO pegs & offsets, and installed it all before my SS1000. Not sure if it was the Sargent seat or just the position of the pegs, but my left leg would cramp up & wound up keeping the pegs folded up & resting my feet on the peg tops. (kind of wiered looking but it helped alot). I havn`t used them since & on the fence of taking them off also, as i always have in the back of my mind of them crashing the ground on heavy lean angles & catching them &(you know the rest).

I love them. When doing my recent fly-n-ride of a new FJR from Portland back to Phoenix I was really missing them. I don't use them a lot, but for me they are invaluable when I do want them.

Not to resurrect a fairly old thread but the 09 I just brought home has these and I am wondering if anyone has issues banging your shins on the fairing getting to them?

Not to resurrect a fairly old thread but the 09 I just brought home has these and I am wondering if anyone has issues banging your shins on the fairing getting to them?
I don't, but I imagine it will depend on how tall you are, how long your legs are, and whether you sit in the forward or back part of the seat.

Does anyone know the OEM bolt sizes or actual part numbers of the 6 bolts that are removed when teh plates are installed? The fiche is a little hard for me to discern and I am considering taking these off and returning to stock form.

how much did those Wild Bill mounts cost? was considering them ,but never really found out how much they cost,do they come with pegs ?? Lunch Truck Larry

Does anyone have experience how the Wild Bill setup plays with the Racing 905 crash bars?

I bolted on a pair of "folding" pegs to the crash bars but was extremely unhappy with the results. Although my pegs did fold I would have much preferred them to be spring loaded or at least have detents for keeping them in the desired position. When folded down they severely impinged ground clearance. I had to keep them tight or they would flop down at an angle. This eroded confidence as well as (debatable) presented a safety hazard.

I normally just stretch my legs out once in awhile and sometimes stand up briefly to help the knees, but after a couple of hundred miles these options become less and less effective.

Does anyone know the OEM bolt sizes or actual part numbers of the 6 bolts that are removed when teh plates are installed? The fiche is a little hard for me to discern and I am considering taking these off and returning to stock form.
Not sure why the fiche is hard to discern? Should be straightforward.

It's not straightforward. It shows different size bolts for different holes, but leaves some of the holes blank. I do remember when I sold my MCL highway pegs, I replaced the bent mounting bolts. I had to special order them from Napa because no one local had that specific size in stainless. I probably could have gone to one of the local bolt places, but they all have a $10-$20 minimum, and I only needed $5 in bolts.

I do know that there were two bolts that were the same length and one that was longer.

Good luck. I would call the Yamaha dealer or take it by and show them which ones need replaced. I bet they know the size.

It's not straightforward. It shows different size bolts for different holes, but leaves some of the holes blank. I do remember when I sold my MCL highway pegs, I replaced the bent mounting bolts. I had to special order them from Napa because no one local had that specific size in stainless. I probably could have gone to one of the local bolt places, but they all have a $10-$20 minimum, and I only needed $5 in bolts.

I do know that there were two bolts that were the same length and one that was longer.

Good luck. I would call the Yamaha dealer or take it by and show them which ones need replaced. I bet they know the size.
Thank you for this and glad I am not the only one who saw it that way. I have to visit the dealer in the next week or so to transfer the Y.E.S. warranty and I'll discuss it then.

Did you (or anyone) ever get the part numbers for the stock bolts?

I still have the oem bolts. They are 5mm hex head bolts with at 6mm thread. The left side and right side bolts are different lengths but I can't remember which bolts came out of which side. Either way, the longer bolts have a 25mm threaded shank and the shorter are 20mm. There are numbers stamped into the tops of the bolts but I can't be certain what it says.

I still have the oem bolts. They are 5mm hex head bolts with at 6mm thread. The left side and right side bolts are different lengths but I can't remember which bolts came out of which side. Either way, the longer bolts have a 25mm threaded shank and the shorter are 20mm. There are numbers stamped into the tops of the bolts but I can't be certain what it says.
Thank You!

That's what I needed to know! Evidently the last digits on the 2nd group in the part number is the length.

So we need 91314-06020-00 and 91314-06025-00

Last edited by a moderator: