#1 jmgrif

jmgrif

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Bike: 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

For my last trip down to California (Napa area) I had purchased a set of "Wild Bill highway peg mounting brackets" for which I already had my own pegs! I have to say that they are the best investment in Farkles I have spent so far on my 08 FJR. Last year I road across Canada from west to east and did PEI and Newfoundland then down the east coast to Tennessee then back north to Kansas. We worked our way back over to southern California and then up the coast back to Canada 25,500 kms total. I only wish I had the pegs and brackets for that trip! On the long straight stretches of road especially when it gets warm the ability to rest your feet somewhat in front of the heat radiating from the exhaust is a great relief! The pegs fold back out of the way when the road gets more twisty so for me it is like the best of both worlds?

#2 johnny80s

johnny80s

Turtle Gears

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,709 posts
  • Bike: 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

I was just thinking of taking mine off. I don't use them. I did an SS1000 and never touched them once. Different strokes...
Los Robustos M/C member #0 el Presidente "Eat to Ride - Ride to Eat"

#3 jmgrif

jmgrif

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

I was just thinking of taking mine off. I don't use them. I did an SS1000 and never touched them once. Different strokes...

If you do take them off I have a friend who might be interested?

#4 NightShine

NightShine

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

Really? Did you save the original bolts? :)

#5 Roadstar

Roadstar

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Bike: Other or considering FJR

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:43 AM

I purchased just the plates from wild bill, and went to install them & found the holes were a little off on my 07. All i had to do was elongate a couple of hole & all was good. I used ISO pegs & offsets, and installed it all before my SS1000. Not sure if it was the Sargent seat or just the position of the pegs, but my left leg would cramp up & wound up keeping the pegs folded up & resting my feet on the peg tops. (kind of wiered looking but it helped alot). I havn`t used them since & on the fence of taking them off also, as i always have in the back of my mind of them crashing the ground on heavy lean angles & catching them &(you know the rest).
IBA #47424 Wahoo!!!
2010 BMW R1200RT (LD bike)
94 BMW K1100LT (F/S)
76 Goldwing (naked)
Ban low performance bikes....NOT high performance riders!

#6 SkooterG

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts
  • Bike: 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 07 October 2011 - 08:51 AM

I love them. When doing my recent fly-n-ride of a new FJR from Portland back to Phoenix I was really missing them. I don't use them a lot, but for me they are invaluable when I do want them.
IBA #327........................ Darksider #52

FJR#1 - The 'Dirty Ol Whore' - 2004 non-abs - RIP @ 226,400 - Gone, but not forgotton.
FJR#2 - The 'Hula Girl' - 2004 ABS - 143k
FJR#3 - The 'Virgin' - 2004 ABS - 4344 miles, a garage queen - Brundog would be proud!
FJR#4 - The Oregon FJR - 2004 ABS - 65k
FJR#5 - The Bastard POS Gen II - 2009A - 42k

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#7 nervous

nervous

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Bike: 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Not to resurrect a fairly old thread but the 09 I just brought home has these and I am wondering if anyone has issues banging your shins on the fairing getting to them?

#8 blrfjr

blrfjr

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Bike: 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:51 PM

Yah they take a little gettin used to. It is nice to have an alternate position to go to.

Bryan

Life is good!

#9 SkooterG

SkooterG

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Not to resurrect a fairly old thread but the 09 I just brought home has these and I am wondering if anyone has issues banging your shins on the fairing getting to them?

I don't, but I imagine it will depend on how tall you are, how long your legs are, and whether you sit in the forward or back part of the seat.

FJR#1 - The 'Dirty Ol Whore' - 2004 non-abs - RIP @ 226,400 - Gone, but not forgotton.
FJR#3 - The 'Virgin' - 2004 ABS - 4344 miles, a garage queen - Brundog would be proud!

#10 nervous

nervous

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Does anyone know the OEM bolt sizes or actual part numbers of the 6 bolts that are removed when teh plates are installed? The fiche is a little hard for me to discern and I am considering taking these off and returning to stock form.

#11 lunch truck larry

lunch truck larry

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

how much did those Wild Bill mounts cost? was considering them ,but never really found out how much they cost,do they come with pegs ?? Lunch Truck Larry

#12 Goody

Goody

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:50 PM

how much did those Wild Bill mounts cost? was considering them ,but never really found out how much they cost,do they come with pegs ?? Lunch Truck Larry

I got the ones with the 37 dollar pegs and it was right at 120, just ordered today.

teryriley@q.com

#13 blackarrow

blackarrow

FJR Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Does anyone have experience how the Wild Bill setup plays with the Racing 905 crash bars?

I bolted on a pair of "folding" pegs to the crash bars but was extremely unhappy with the results. Although my pegs did fold I would have much preferred them to be spring loaded or at least have detents for keeping them in the desired position. When folded down they severely impinged ground clearance. I had to keep them tight or they would flop down at an angle. This eroded confidence as well as (debatable) presented a safety hazard.

I normally just stretch my legs out once in awhile and sometimes stand up briefly to help the knees, but after a couple of hundred miles these options become less and less effective.
Best regards,
Charles

FJR: stupendously powerful, stunningly civilized.

#14 SkooterG

SkooterG

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,981 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:57 AM

Does anyone know the OEM bolt sizes or actual part numbers of the 6 bolts that are removed when teh plates are installed? The fiche is a little hard for me to discern and I am considering taking these off and returning to stock form.

Not sure why the fiche is hard to discern? Should be straightforward.

#15 HotRodZilla

HotRodZilla

Trying To Be Good

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,419 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

It's not straightforward. It shows different size bolts for different holes, but leaves some of the holes blank. I do remember when I sold my MCL highway pegs, I replaced the bent mounting bolts. I had to special order them from Napa because no one local had that specific size in stainless. I probably could have gone to one of the local bolt places, but they all have a $10-$20 minimum, and I only needed $5 in bolts.

I do know that there were two bolts that were the same length and one that was longer.

Good luck. I would call the Yamaha dealer or take it by and show them which ones need replaced. I bet they know the size.
I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shitheads"
- Colonel Charlie Beckwith

#16 nervous

nervous

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:47 AM

It's not straightforward. It shows different size bolts for different holes, but leaves some of the holes blank. I do remember when I sold my MCL highway pegs, I replaced the bent mounting bolts. I had to special order them from Napa because no one local had that specific size in stainless. I probably could have gone to one of the local bolt places, but they all have a $10-$20 minimum, and I only needed $5 in bolts.

I do know that there were two bolts that were the same length and one that was longer.

Good luck. I would call the Yamaha dealer or take it by and show them which ones need replaced. I bet they know the size.

Thank you for this and glad I am not the only one who saw it that way. I have to visit the dealer in the next week or so to transfer the Y.E.S. warranty and I'll discuss it then.

#17 Chuck35

Chuck35

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

Did you (or anyone) ever get the part numbers for the stock bolts?

IBA #59846

FJR Darksider #72

Riding completes me.

Visited_States_Map_small.jpg

#18 planet89

planet89

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I still have the oem bolts.  They are 5mm hex head bolts with at 6mm thread.  The left side and right side bolts are different lengths but I can't remember which bolts came out of which side.  Either way, the longer bolts have a 25mm threaded shank and the shorter are 20mm.  There are numbers stamped into the tops of the bolts but I can't be certain what it says.

#19 Chuck35

Chuck35

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I still have the oem bolts.  They are 5mm hex head bolts with at 6mm thread.  The left side and right side bolts are different lengths but I can't remember which bolts came out of which side.  Either way, the longer bolts have a 25mm threaded shank and the shorter are 20mm.  There are numbers stamped into the tops of the bolts but I can't be certain what it says.

Thank You!

That's what I needed to know! Evidently the last digits on the 2nd group in the part number is the length.

So we need 91314-06020-00 and 91314-06025-00

IBA #59846

FJR Darksider #72

Riding completes me.

Visited_States_Map_small.jpg