Where's the photo of Dwayne in the creek?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now don't everybody get all up in arms here but.... I'm feeling let down at the curious lack of pictures and posts for this event.

Did everyone forget cameras? Nobody knows how to post pics? Dolly raise such a ruckus that yer all em bare assed?

I hope Andy and Sooze get home soon, I really enjoy reading about things and people I missed.
We were riding hard all day so pics are likely a bit scarce. I didn't see Dwayne's actual romp through the field ending in the creek but the curve was a crud covered sharp one that kind of snuck up on us. I was in lead as Mike's GPS had malf'd and I hadn't fixed the zoom on my GPS (it kept zooming in and out depending on speed) so the turn didn't show as sharp as it actually was. Came up on the curve too fast, had a bad line, and saw all the crap all over the road... and a lush green field beckoning me. Stood my bike up, cranked on the brakes (yay ABS), and rode into the field, completed the turn, and back up onto the road without stopping. Might have been able to make the curve without the detour and certainly would have tried a lot harder had the nice flat field not been there... noted there was a pretty creek running through the field but wasn't anywhere near it.

A couple of curves later noticed the line of ducklings had shrunken considerably... we turned around and headed back to find the curve had been less kind to Dwayne. I will leave further embellishments to Dwayne and other riders in the pack that actually saw his event.

Hmmmmm....We were not in this group of riders but I wonder if you speak of the same field that our friend "Dave the Brit" found himself in too. He did the exact same thing, rode into a field and back up on the road again.

photo.jpg
Dwayne was the first to find the promised EOM wash station.

It was just no one mentioned it was a hillbilly styled wash station.

Well, history has proven that no EOM is complete without water and a goat trail, so to complete our experience.............

Me,

EOMpics2011014.jpg

Mr. Bill,

EOMpics2011013.jpg
f

Huge fun for sure.

Now don't everybody get all up in arms here but.... I'm feeling let down at the curious lack of pictures and posts for this event.

Did everyone forget cameras? Nobody knows how to post pics? Dolly raise such a ruckus that yer all em bare assed?

I hope Andy and Sooze get home soon, I really enjoy reading about things and people I missed.
We were riding hard all day so pics are likely a bit scarce.
I, and others who've attended other rally's over the years could also take this as a slight as I can assure you every one has "hard riding". :p

I'm calling all yer bluffs here. More pictures, or, this is going to end up like the moon landings that never happened. :D 116 attendees is huge and so few pictures?.. :unsure:

Where's the photo of Dwayne in the creek? I haven't seen it yet.

I need to have that for my screen saver!
I'm still waiting for our water crossing pictures. Where the heck is Zooom with the pictures?

PICT0026.JPG
And I believe this is me at the first water crossing.

Iris even did it, but after she saw the second water crossing the "F" bombs were flying. :lol:

And I believe this is me at the first water crossing.

Iris even did it, but after she saw the second water crossing the "F" bombs were flying. :lol:
Yes that is you crossing back across the first water crossing.

I'm glad I was across the pond and didn't hear the cursing :lol:

I think Zooom has better pictures.

This is the bike I usually do water crossings on

darc.jpg

[
EOMpics2011014.jpg

You E boyz have balz, fo sho!
S76 was riding through here like a baby. He usually blasts through so the water goes up and over him and there is no water left on the ground :lol:
You should do the Missouri water crossings....now THOSE are water crossings!

DSCI0724.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

We were riding hard all day so pics are likely a bit scarce.
I, and others who've attended other rally's over the years could also take this as a slight as I can assure you every one has "hard riding". :p

I'm calling all yer bluffs here. More pictures, or, this is going to end up like the moon landings that never happened. :D 116 attendees is huge and so few pictures?.. :unsure:
LOL! Certainly wasn't meant as a slight! Just that we didn't stop to smell the roses or take pictures but once or twice. I did put up a few pics of the distillery tour on Friday and the couple I took on Saturday as well.

...and, Tony, it was NAFO last year...

Relax yer mangina, Nancy.

Sooze and I just got home yesterday and we have a shit-ton of pictures to go through and upload. I'll be posting some shortly.

BTW - Dolly got crabs. More on this later.

On the bank is Ray on the left Gray Ray on the right... Gray Ray to Ray " I'll give him a 9.5 he really stuck the landing"