Where's the photo of Dwayne in the creek?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now don't everybody get all up in arms here but.... I'm feeling let down at the curious lack of pictures and posts for this event.

Did everyone forget cameras? Nobody knows how to post pics? Dolly raise such a ruckus that yer all em bare assed?

I hope Andy and Sooze get home soon, I really enjoy reading about things and people I missed.
We were riding hard all day so pics are likely a bit scarce. I didn't see Dwayne's actual romp through the field ending in the creek but the curve was a crud covered sharp one that kind of snuck up on us. I was in lead as Mike's GPS had malf'd and I hadn't fixed the zoom on my GPS (it kept zooming in and out depending on speed) so the turn didn't show as sharp as it actually was. Came up on the curve too fast, had a bad line, and saw all the crap all over the road... and a lush green field beckoning me. Stood my bike up, cranked on the brakes (yay ABS), and rode into the field, completed the turn, and back up onto the road without stopping. Might have been able to make the curve without the detour and certainly would have tried a lot harder had the nice flat field not been there... noted there was a pretty creek running through the field but wasn't anywhere near it.

A couple of curves later noticed the line of ducklings had shrunken considerably... we turned around and headed back to find the curve had been less kind to Dwayne. I will leave further embellishments to Dwayne and other riders in the pack that actually saw his event.
I was riding in the fifth spot, so I missed Ken going through the grass. However I also hit that loose stuff, got a little squirrely but was able to keep it on the road...checked my mirror just in time to see Duane flying through the grass :eek: ...by the time I hung a U and got back there, Tim was snapping the photo while laughing his ass off...just glad we were ALL able to laugh about it. :lol:

Which route was it?? SW Egg rolls?

I gotta get back to do cucumberland gap route sometime.

People need to buy more stuff from Dwayne...so he can pay for the bike washes...

People need to buy more stuff from Dwayne...so he can pay for the bike washes...
I was just following. Not sure, but I think it was the Cumberland Gap route...but what do I know :blink:

They did the Cumby route. They flew by my group while we were making a roadside repair, but we quickly blew by them because they got the performance award from the park police just down the road. Thanks again guys!

This was by far the best EOM!

Do you mean the duel sport tire & riding boot water test?

photo.jpg
I am on the left in black with Gray Ray in black with red. Duane was behind me. Right after I went thru the turn checked my mirror and saw the entire episode as he went through the yard and into the creek. I could not believe he kept the bike up. Gray Ray and and I are trying to figure out how to get him out without getting covered in mud when Tim comes up and asks if he can take a picture and just starts shooting away. Reminded me of those shows with the poor starving kids - where I wondered why the camera man did not put his camera down and shoo the flies away and give the kids a sandwich :lol:

Surprised the guy living there did not have a have a camera set up and keg of beer and watch the fun. Hell the guy living there may have put the gravel on the turn to make it entertaining when he was home.