Found a Sportbike on Facebook

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fJROB

Reaction score
I was on Facebook on Monday, a friend of mine posted that he needed to clean out his garage. he posted a picture of this bike (87 SRX250) with a caption that read "First $250 Takes it!" he had posted this 8 hours before I saw it, so I looked at the replies and to my surprise no one said "I want it!" so I posted "I'll take it", I also PM'd him and called him, but got no reply until several hours later he messaged me and told me he would call me the next day after he gets off work. needless to say, I rushed over to his house and picked this little baby up.

I got it to my shop and immediately started to check it out. after cleaning a really varnished but surprisingly rust free fuel tank, removing and cleaning the carburators,resealing the petcock, replacing one fuel hose, and borrowing a battery from my DR650. it runs very well, and is an absolute hoot to ride. I am awaiting new gaskets and o-rings for the carbs and I need to replace the chain and sprockets, but other than those items it seems to need nothing else.

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Little bikes kick ass!

I just sold my lil bitch (94 250 Ninja) last night and I'm currently having an absolute kick ass time on a 2011 Honda CBR250R.

Great scoop!

Great little bike, good find. I think thare were one of those being auctioned for a fund raiser not long ago................I wonder if that's the one.

I've never seen one of those up here (in Canada)

Canadian FJR

Nice score! Now ya gotta clean some of the crap outta your garage...jus sayin'.. ;)

Oh yeah, I'd probably flush the old fork oil too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice buy Rob :) .. looks like a load of fun.

Thanks Roger, are you missing your windshield yet?
Nah - I'm good, till we hook up with you guys again. I'm using my old stocker cause I didn't want to get bugs on yours :) My neck muscles are gettin' a workout though :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: