Thunderhill Raceway Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
IMG_1161.jpg

No winners today :(

IMG_1156.jpg

RAIN :angry: Loaded Frank my FZ1 yesterday and out the door at 5 am for the two hour drive over to Thunderhill Raceway in Northern Ca. Dry all the way until 5 miles from the track where it started pouring rain all morning. After waiting a couple hours the event was rescheduled to the 31st so we will try again then. Ordering a new Penske shock so perhaps I'll have it by then.

IMG_1154.jpg

Here's Frank with Jason a fellow FZ1 rider. The bike was all dressed up with no where to go.

IMG_1159.jpg

Most guys never unloaded

Don't you check the evening news for weather reports?

Oh wait....they missed this...epic fail!

Sorry, Doug. Crossed fingers for the shock getting here in time. :yahoo:

Don't you check the evening news for weather reports?

Oh wait....they missed this...epic fail!

Sorry, Doug. Crossed fingers for the shock getting here in time. :yahoo:
Oh ya I checked, last night they said a tenth to qtr, inch today. Hell we had that by 8:30 am and it's still raining here at 9 pm.

Track days are rain or shine but even this was hard enough to reschedule.

I want to be a weather man, even when you are wrong you get paid.

Awwww...I thought it never rained in Kalifornia! :p That does suck though. If it was Mid Ohio, you'd have been riding in the rain or lost your $$$, so at least they rescheduled. Could be worse. And that's a pretty nice covered area they have there.

Awwww...I thought it never rained in Kalifornia! :p So did I

That does suck though. If it was Mid Ohio, you'd have been riding in the rain or lost your $$$, so at least they rescheduled. Could be worse. And that's a pretty nice covered area they have there. I was the most street bike there and ready to ride in the rain if it wasn't rescheduled however most riders were not.
I ordered a new Penske shock today so perhaps it will be here before the 31st-yoohoo!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awwww...I thought it never rained in Kalifornia! :p So did I

That does suck though. If it was Mid Ohio, you'd have been riding in the rain or lost your $$$, so at least they rescheduled. Could be worse. And that's a pretty nice covered area they have there. I was the most street bike there and ready to ride in the rain if it wasn't rescheduled however most riders were not.
I ordered a new Penske shock today so perhaps it will be here before the 31st-yoohoo!
Cool! Hope ya get it dialed in and shred it up on the 31st! B)