We lost a forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincere prayers of strength and encouragement to his family,

may they begin to find some peace at the end of this torturous journey of grief.

Just got the info for about services for Greg:

Friday, Ocotober 28

3 p.m - 4 p.m., Family only

4 p.m. - 8 p.m., All family and friends welcome

A rosary will be held at 6:30 p.m.

Saturday, October 29

Funeral service: 9 a.m.

Burial Service: 10:30 a.m.

Holy Cross Mortuary & Cemetery

5835 W. Slauson Ave.

Culver City, CA 90230 (FD1711)

Phone: 310-836-5500

Thanks for the update Skooter.

Very sorry to hear about the loss. I got a chance to meet him at the start of 2011 IBR. Great guy. He definitely will be missed.

I am about 30 minutes south of the facility. I am pretty sure I will be attending. If anyone from out of town has any questions, or if I can be of any help, please let me know.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to make the funeral and then complete the Park N Ride Rally that Greg was supposed to participate in.

Tough Stuff....

I am in complete shock...

I just saw this posting... This news just stinks.

Greg was always so helpful to me. Got to meet him as he went to great lengths to

witness a ride for me. He impressed me as a special person who loved to challenge

himself. If you have not yet read his ride report on his IBR this year, I would encourage

you to do so. I am thankful for our paths crossing- though brief it was.

My condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends- We lost a GOOD one.

Greg, may you rest in peace my brother...... Ouch.......

-Tony

A dear friend of mine posted this to her FB profile. She lost her husband in a motorcycle accident about 4 years ago. Today is the anniversary of his passing.

"There are stars who's light only reaches the earth long after they have fallen apart. There are people who's remembrance give light in this world long after they have passed away. This light shines in our darkest nights on the road we must follow"

I hope his family and friends feel that light with them.

Just came across this. So sad. Wished I could have met him. Sounds like very special guy.

Speechless, Watch over us and give us strength, We will see you in the wind Greg on our many journey's ahead. Some day we will meet you but not just yet. Until we meet, your spirit soars with our prayers as we travel down this road.

Our condolences and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Phillip & Kim

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, only 3 years older than me...

I've been very quiet on the forum the past 2-3 years after retiring from the Navy.

Now a full-time stay at home Dad to two girls, turn 4 in Jan, 2 in Apr.

I didn't know Greg but something like this really hits home!

So hard to think about the possibility of leaving them behind.

Only found out about it through an email about the memorial ride tomorrow.

Time to search for riding gear, keys, helmet...

Have not started either bike in more than 11 months.

Haven't lost the passion, just a shift in priorities, plus it's a bitch to mount two car seats on an FJR or Vstrom.

I will be there tomorrow.

RIP Greg and so sorry for the loss of everyone he touched.

Rob

P.S. Anyone who may need a place to stay I'm on the west side of Phoenix right off I-10 (exit 126), PM me for details/directions.

Wow, only 3 years older than me...

I've been very quiet on the forum the past 2-3 years after retiring from the Navy.

Now a full-time stay at home Dad to two girls, turn 4 in Jan, 2 in Apr.

I didn't know Greg but something like this really hits home!

So hard to think about the possibility of leaving them behind.

Only found out about it through an email about the memorial ride tomorrow.

Time to search for riding gear, keys, helmet...

Have not started either bike in more than 11 months.

Haven't lost the passion, just a shift in priorities, plus it's a bitch to mount two car seats on an FJR or Vstrom.

I will be there tomorrow.

RIP Greg and so sorry for the loss of everyone he touched.

Rob

P.S. Anyone who may need a place to stay I'm on the west side of Phoenix right off I-10 (exit 126), PM me for details/directions.
Rob, very glad to hear that you will be riding along with the Arizona FJR Forum Group to celebrate Greg's Life; see you at The Grove Church in Chandler, AZ.

Don Stanley

This is sad news. I haven't been back to this forum in a while being too busy with work and all. To come back to this news is heartbreaking.

My condolences to Greg's loved ones and friends. RIP Good2Go.

I must of missed this when I was in Iraq with no internet. WOW Greg sent me a PM back in August shortly before I deployed wishing me luck and telling me to keep safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.