We lost a forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WAY too young to be taken from his family.

Rest in peace, and condolences to his family and friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is really sad news.

I just told my wife and she said "No Way."

Condolences from both of us.

Folks, please no discussions on Greg's death on Facebook temporarily. This is a request of the family as not all notifications have been made yet.

Thanks.

Folks, please no discussions on Greg's death on Facebook temporarily. This is a request of the family as not all notifications have been made yet.

Thanks.
Shit. I posted something on Greg's page by mistake. I thought it was going on my page. Now deleted.

Just saw this bad news. I didn't meet Greg at the IBR this year, but losing a fellow rider is always sad. Prayers of comfort to his family and friends (and SkooterG).

I only knew him as a member of the forum until we spent a couple days together at Iggys doing the final preps before the IBR. Looking through my photos I notice he was good at avoiding my camera there. I recall trying to navigate the detour south of Omaha on I-29 during the rally when he came up behind me. We came to a T, I went right ignoring the sign, he went left following the sign. After the rally he told me I choose well. RIP.

P6200209.JPG

SkooterG,

Sorry to hear about your friends loss.

Why is it that the young go so early,they have so much still to give.

Our hearts and prayer's go out for his family and you.

I never met him or you for that matter but he was one of us.

Sincerely......

My thoughts and prayers and well wishes with his family and friends. I didn't know Greg personally, only through the forum - losing one of us is always difficult!

Rest in Peace brother!

Saddened by this. :( Sorry to hear of your pain Skoot, and for what his family now must go through. Reminds me that every day should be enjoyed in some measure.

Another sad lost to the community. Prayers sent your way and condolences to the Family. It seems as tho he was enjoying and living life while he was here on earth. What more can you ask for.

God bless my fellow rider,

Dave

I am very saddened to read this. I first met Greg at the LowCal250 rally and at Pinks. He was a nice guy who invited me to stay at his place if I was ever in the neighborhood. I was just thinking of him this week and looked at the photo of the four pins he collected during the Iron Butt Rally. I was looking forward to seeing him in a week at the Park n Ride rally, but alas, the Circle of Honor grew. Greg will be missed and not forgotten...

Fuck!! Greg was always positive, even when he was feeling like crap, he was positive and upbeat. I can't say that about myself, and in that regard I always admired Greg in his ability to see the good things and not sweat the crappy things, just ride on. I just saw him at the LOE and GBU before that. He looked like shit at the pre-IBR rally in OK, but then he rode his butt off in the IBR and did fantastic, friggin top 20 ride in the show. Pretty damn good by anyone's standard.

You'll be missed Greg. You only suck because I have to carve another rock for the IBA Circle of Honor too damn soon. God Speed my friend, RIP.

<blurry screen>

We're so sorry to hear about Greg. We met him during the IBR. He was a really nice guy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his friends and family.

Roger and Karen

This has been a long, shitty year of losing friends. Mike & I also share our sincere condolences, but I want to add that I really value the friendship of everyone in this community. Just too many moments this year that have left me thinking, I shoulda... Shoulda taken a few more pictures of friends, shoulda taken a minute to give a quick hug, should told ya'll how much I appreciate you.

Damn. He was just too damn young.

Status
Not open for further replies.