We lost a forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
photo-13222.jpg
av-13222.jpg
Greg Guillermo

"Good2Go"

1966-2011

It is with a heavy heart that I pass on the following news:

Forum member Good2Go, or Greg Guillermo passed last night.

I still don't have all the details, but he didn't come home from work last night. A call to his wife this morning and I found out the bad news. Police told her it appeared to be natural causes. He drove his company car to work, so it was not motorcycle related. That is all I know so far.

Greg and I were becoming very good friends. I can't believe he is gone. I will miss him dearly.

Only 45 years young. He seemed in excellent shape. In the past, he had run Ironman triathlons though it had been a while. More recently, he finished 20th in the 2011 Iron Butt Rally. I know he had put his hat in the ring for the 2013 event. Greg leaves behind his wife Luanne, and a young daughter Katie.

He didn't make it to our Greaswood Flat get-together Wednesday night. A text yesterday morning said he was feeling sick and didn't want to pass anything on. I have no idea if that had anything to do with it.

Damn. I am really going to miss my friend. He was one hell of a guy.

Here is one of the most recent photos I have of Greg taken about 5 weeks ago. It was at a PEMEX gas station in Algodones, Mexico while signing off on Tony's Border to Border ride.

Greg is on the right, Tony on the left.

P1010048.jpg

Damn. Sometimes life is just NOT fair. RIP my friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
deepest condolences to you Skoot and to Greg's family and all his friends

I can read the deep pain and bewilderment at the passing of your friend, Greg

I'm reminded that we never know, each is assigned a day and time, and live life with that in mind

<live like ya dying>

again Skoot, my friend...best to ya and may you repeat your tribute post to Greg's family with good times and good stories

Last edited by a moderator:
This is, obviously, very bad news.

Sincere condolences especially to the family, and also to close friends, nascent friends, and all the others in Greg's life.

Alas, yet another reminder that few of us needed.

Carpe diem .....every day.

Holy Shit!!!...I just deleted a PM of his from a conversation we were having a few weeks ago.

I met Greg last year in Taos at the SW-FOG. He rode with us one one of the days and was a hellavua nice guy. He was very young!

Dayum...I can't believe he passed. His family must be devastated.

Any idea on services? Thinking I'll go and pay respects.

Jeez.........

Dang, only 45 (in his profile)Ya just never know when the grim reeper will come for ya. I remember have'n breakfest with him at swfog taos 2010. Seemed like a great guy! RIP

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Skooter. Seems way too young... wishing you and his friends and family peace in your hearts and memories of the good times. Wish I had better words to make it easier... unfortunately, I don't. :(

"Damn. Sometimes life is just NOT fair. RIP my friend."

Unfortunately I have used to same words before.

Sorry for your loss Skoot.

So so sad.... My condolences to his friends and family! I met him last year at SW-FOG with GB. He was a nice guy and will be missed. RIP.

:(

Met Greg and his hula girl at the start of the Iron Butt in Seattle. Very easy to talk with and just had that grin that would make ya laugh.

His bike would not start when it was his turn to go. Everyone but Greg was having a fit about it but he was just calm and collected.

Scoot, sorry about your loss. Let his family know that he touch more people than they would ever guess.

I'm feeling very sad right now. Gregg was a great guy. Will miss seeing him around. Condolences to his family.

Terry

I met Greg when I picked up his bent bike In Lakeview Or. Was hoping to meet again under better conditions. Condolences to his family.

I met Greg when he visited for the Iron Butt Rally in July. Helluva nice guy. Damn....the circle adds another stone....

2011IBR_20110625_7151110.jpg

Sorry to hear this, Skoot. It's a story that is repeated over and over again but is never easy to hear. My condolences to Good2Go's friends and family.

Status
Not open for further replies.