We lost a forum member

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I read this and saw his name I was in shock, he was so young, I was talking to him at the start of the Iron Butt this year.

RIP Greg, My condolences to his friends and family.

Here is a couple of pictures Greg at the Iron Butt Rally this past summer

DSC_7064.JPG

DSC_7035.JPG

DSC_7150.JPG

Sad news.

Greg and I tried to hook up on my trip to California a few weeks ago, but were unsuccessful.

We rode together for a bit in this year's IBR. Doing the 4-corners and riding through the Key West storms together created a bond.

He finished 20th, just behind me.

He was a true gentleman, kind and thoughtful.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

Wishing the best for his family.

Peter Delean

Sad news indeed, I met Greg while working as a tech inspector at the 2011 IBR. He was well prepared for the rally and we had a pleseant talk about his ride. Condolences to his family

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, very sad news. Condolences to you and to his family!

Loosing family and friends never gets any easier...

Damn.

Greg was a great guy. I got to know him at a few rallies. Staged next to him in Seattle at the IBR. Most recently I spoke with him at the LOE. I always looked forward to seeing him at the next event.

Damn, Damn, Damn

Andy

Wow. RIP dude. Condolences to friends and family. He will live forever in the memories of those who loved him.

Gotta live each day like you are dying the next, because one day it'll be true. He seems to have had a good, but too short ride.

Never met Greg but my condolences to his family and all who knew him.

As he was actually younger than me (a minority around here it seems) it reinforces that my decision to take "pre-retirement" the last several years was a good one. I hope I have another half century left, but if I don't, I'll be glad that I took the time to meet, ride with and 'virtually' socialize with some of the best damn people on the planet!

RIP Greg!

Greg was always a pleasure to be with. We met up in several rallies. I will miss him.

Howard

"We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time" remember that this weekend as you try to decide between tiling the spare bath, or going for a nice ride instead, wind in your face, breathing the clean air. I know what I'm going to do. God Speed Greg, RIP.

Far too soon. Condolences to Greg's family and to each of you who knew him. Although I didn't, a loss like this is felt by the entire forum and riding communities. Godspeed, Greg.

Damn, I cannot believe he is gone.I just noticed some "We'll miss you" posts on his Facebook page so I looked here, and sure as hell. Damn, way too young.

Always rough when you hear of someone you had known or even just met. Its even harder when someone dies at such a young age. Helps make everyone realize their own mortality and how quick, without warning ones life can come to an end.

I'm sad for Greg's family who now must wonder why at such a young age and apparently a very healthy man their husband and father had to leave them.

This is hard news to hear. We never know when our time is up. We lost a good guy way too soon.

My condolences to his family and friends.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, Skooter. Seems way too young... wishing you and his friends and family peace in your hearts and memories of the good times. Wish I had better words to make it easier... unfortunately, I don't. :(
My sentiments Skooter and friends. RIP Greg.

Status
Not open for further replies.