Chicago Area Breakfast?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering if I was on the only one who noticed how badly Peter was shivering when we first got there. If Skooter had asked for his autograph at that time it would have been interesting to see him try to hold a pen. That crazy fooker rode 6 hours for breakfast, and my bike was reading temps as low as 29 that morning.

Just wondering if I was on the only one who noticed how badly Peter was shivering when we first got there. If Skooter had asked for his autograph at that time it would have been interesting to see him try to hold a pen. That crazy fooker rode 6 hours for breakfast, and my bike was reading temps as low as 29 that morning.
Oh, I noticed. That poor boy was shaking like a paint shaker. An 0300 departure for him for the long ride from the Twin Cities. Silly bastard. If I gotta be that tough to win the IBR, I am in trouble!

I froze my butt off while riding across west Texas Wednesday night/Thursday morning. At about 5 a.m. I finally had to park at a Denny's for many cups of tea. No thermometer, so I don't know how cold it was, but my guess is not near as bad as what Peter endured.

Yeah, Peter was riding at highway speeds at temps well below freezing for over 6 hours. You need really hardcore heated gear to keep up with that, IMHO.

Yeah, Peter was riding at highway speeds at temps well below freezing for over 6 hours. You need really hardcore heated gear to keep up with that, IMHO.
Peter was getting "acclimated" for snowmobile season, Minni-SOO-ta, don't cha know!!! :clapping: :yahoo:

It was nice to see a few familiar faces and also have the chance to meet some new ones. Thanks for coming up Greg.

Seems like I really only had a problem with the shivers when I stopped and unplugged. Funny that riding a sled when it's in the 20's you don't need much for staying warm but on a bike you can get pretty cold. Just shows the different amount of effort you're putting into it.