Chicago Area Breakfast?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Unlike TriggerT, here's some notice........ :p

I am going to be in good ol Wheaton, IL surrounding the weekend of November 5th/6th. Pretty busy with family stuff, but hope to be able to break free for a Saturday morning Meet, Greet, and Eat. Unfortunately, I can't guarantee I will make it. Though I am sure you all would have fun without me. Maybe even more! :fuck:

As of right now, I still plan on riding out there so if there is time, maybe a shorter ride also.

Anybody game?

Edit: Corrected dates for all the critical people out there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be doing something on that Saturday...like getting some off season work started on the bike....but if I'm not, I would be happy to meet you at Seven Dwarfs Restaurant or at Egg Harbor.

The food at Egg Harbor (in the old downtown pharmacy) near Liberty Street is better...but can get pretty busy if we don't have a set time...which it sounds like we won't....since as of now, both of us aren't committing to being there yet. :)

However, if you do show up, don't bring that creepy guy from the northwest with you this time... :p

2009IBR005.jpg

I will be keeping an eye on this. I need to check with the boss to see what she has planned for me that weekend, but I would love to meet one of my Darksider brethren.

I will be keeping an eye on this. I need to check with the boss to see what she has planned for me that weekend, but I would love to meet one of my Darksider brethren.
Be forewarned TriggerT, 0face and wheatonFJR for the sound of: "Damn it, I left my wallet in my other pair of pants!" jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Be forewarned TriggerT, 0face and wheatonFJR for the sound of: "Damn it, I left my wallet in my other pair of pants!" jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
That's alright...his Dad is local...so unless that particular sound is a genetic trait...daddio should be able to come through for sonnyboy.

So are we still talking about breakfast on Saturday, 11/5? If so, do we have any inkling as far as time? I might actually get a kitchen pass for this as long as I can be home in time for my little girls birthday party.

So are we still talking about breakfast on Saturday, 11/5? If so, do we have any inkling as far as time? I might actually get a kitchen pass for this as long as I can be home in time for my little girls birthday party.
Yep, Skooty boy needs to post up a time that he's available. I may or may not be in town that Saturday. If Skooty posts up...then I can make arrangements for him at the restaurant if he wants.

Of course I don't need much excuse to want to have pancakes...

I might be available. BTW Saturday is the 5th.
0face, don't confuse SkootyG: He's from Wheaton!
That's the one thing he's got going for him.

Don, how's that mexican ride going?

...and tell me about your bike trip to Mexico as well.

I'll probably wander over from Indiana. Trigger, if you make the scene I'll bring the fuel bottles I borrowed.

What's a good time for everybody?

If my mechanic(griff) is gonna be there...I might as well be there as well.

So far, it looks like possibles for

SkooterG

0Face

TriggerT

griff

-me-

Well, I am proposing a "be at the restaurant time" by 9:00am or before...

I am also proposing Egg Harbor as the restaurant...good food and good service. Slightly yuppyish...but still fairly down home Wheaton-style.

google location map

menu

Hopefully Skooty will post up after frolicking in the mexican dirt with donny boy...in the meantime, tell me if time and restaurant works for you guys....AND if you will be there...I'm not making reservations...we'll just wait for 9:00am and whoever shows up at that time, we'll assume that's it and ask for a table.

There is another restaurant a little more blue collar...the food may not be as good, but the prices might be a little bit less...Seven Dwarfs...owned by a friendly greek guy who has owned it forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds great to me! Hell, I'll be able to walk there as Pops recently moved into the condos right across from the train station.

9 am sounds good too. At this point, I will say I am 'highly probable' I will be there. Almost certain.

Looking forward to it. Thanks for doing the legwork Wheatie!

"Sounds great to me! Hell, I'll be able to walk there as Pops recently moved into the condos right across from the train station."
What the hell are you talking about? I live in a mesquite patch in the desert across from a coyote den! Does this restaurant have Carne Chilaquiles Fresca on the menu?