FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231675 Nice Ride Report on Grossglockner - Austria's National Mountain Park, this will be the FJR Forum's last day of riding the Alps and Dolomites. Boo, hoo, hoo!

Not many people know that Bustanut joker's Family emigrated to Owosso, Michigan from a small town in Austria; here is a nice picture of our Barry's ancestral home town!

581702796_WRJsx-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.advrider....ad.php?t=231675 Nice Ride Report on Grossglockner - Austria's National Mountain Park, this will be the FJR Forum's last day of riding the Alps and Dolomites. Boo, hoo, hoo!

Not many people know that Bustanut joker's Family emigrated to Owosso, Michigan from a small town in Austria; here is a nice picture of our Barry's ancestral home town!

581702796_WRJsx-L.jpg
Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure that Bustanut is a Goofie Newfie from this town ...

90460294_CD3Qc-L.jpg

https://www.advrider....ad.php?t=231675 Nice Ride Report on Grossglockner - Austria's National Mountain Park, this will be the FJR Forum's last day of riding the Alps and Dolomites. Boo, hoo, hoo!

581702796_WRJsx-L.jpg
Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure that Bustanut is a Goofie Newfie from this town ...

90460294_CD3Qc-L.jpg
Nah Bill, they actually refer to Bust in the town's video! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fucking,_Austria

https://www.meteolevi...cam-Levico.aspx We're going to be spending 2 nights in Levico, Italy. Here's the live webcam from Levico, showing the famous motorcycling Sella Pass in the background.

28086671-M.jpg
Featured in this video is the village of Prags, Italy; our last night's stop in Alto Adige.

Damn you beemerdons! :angry: :angry:

Stop tempting me with this schtuff or I am going to have to put you on "ignore"!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

:(

G'suffa, auf Geht's! Mark and Steve, isn't it just a damn shame that German girls are so flat chested? Ha, ha, ha!

Hey Alps Extreme Riders, check this out! The snow is already melting in the Alps, this post was just put up at Alpine Roads by Ambroise today. I know that you Canuckistanis will despise this because you Hosers love that white shit, but we Zonies are cheering because we hate snow!

Hello All !
First ride yesterday of the 2012 season.

The picture below has been taken on the way down from the col de la colombière (closed yesterday)' date=' over the Grand Bornand.

The weather should be warmer than usual the next days... Early spring ?

Gosh, Don, thanks for ANOTHER picture of a frickin' BMW!

I still haven't made my airline rez, but decided this morning there's no point waiting any longer. I've heard advice in the past that you can actually find the best summer deals to Europe later in the Spring, but I've been watching the price of gas climb and climb lately (averaging over $4/gal now, at least here). Then today's paper talked about how this summer's airfares will be climbing even more for that reason, and there will be fewer sale offers than ever. So no point in waiting any more.

And because the airlines enjoy such a cozy status with regulators (funny how they all seem to publish the exact same prices between any two points so often), they're free to send you a modified price surcharge bill for a trip you haven't taken yet but already purchased! :angry2: So you might think you're locking in a price early, but it's not always the case. Still, no point waiting any more. I'll post when I have a firm Munich arrival date and time. Boy, I sure can't wait to get to Fucking Austria! (That's the town of Fucking, of course.)

I've a Question for the FJR Forum Alps Extreme Particpants: Have you booked your room at the Hotel Europaischer Hof, if you're arriving early to participate in the BMW Tours and the Munich City Tour? All the AZ Beemers have already booked their rooms!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hotel Europäischer Hof

Booking Confirmation

Hotel Europäischer Hof

Bayerstraße 31

D-80335 München

Tel.: +49(0)89-551510

Fax: +49(0)89-551511-444

E-Mail: [email protected]

Booking-Number: HEH12402

Booking Date: 06/03/2012 18:56

Arrival Date: 05/08/2012 (Sunday)

Departure Date: 08/08/2012 (Wednesday)

Roomtype: Single Standard incl. breakfast

Number of adults: 1

Guest Name: Mr. Don Stanley

Rate per night:

Sun, 05. Aug 2012 € 71.50

Mon, 06. Aug 2012 € 71.50

Tue, 07. Aug 2012 € 71.50

Total Price € 214.50

Rate Type: Flex / Best available rate

Reservation policies:

If there is a need you can change or cancel your reservation free of charge until two days previous to the date of arrival. You can change your reservation as long as the originally booked category is available. Otherwise the balance to the next higher room category will be charged. Cancelation policy for each reserved room: until 2 days prior to arrival / 4pm local time: free of charge afterwards: 80% costs of one overnight-charge The hotel will charge 95% of the agreed room rate (1 night) for rooms that are not used upon the agreed day of arrival (so-called no-shows ). Therewith this reservation is expired and no additional charges will be formed. Your credit card will not be charged in advance. The payment will be at check-in or check-out, whatever you prefer. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival. For help with your order, contact us by phone at 089 / 55 15 10 (foreign countries +49 89 55 15 10) G.M.T. 8am-6pm, or email us to [email protected]. If you have already placed your order on our web site, please wait 1 hour before contacting us to allow time for processing. Carefree travel ... Book without risk We recommend you to take out a travel insurance. Events such as illness, accident or serious incidents, even within the family can occur unexpectedly. With our longtime partner DIE EUROPÄISCHE travel insurance you can protect yourself against these risks. Learn more on https://www.heh.de/reiseversicherung.aspx?lang=en This rate is non-commissionable.

I've a Question for the FJR Forum Alps Extreme Particpants: Have you booked your room at the Hotel Europaischer Hof, if you're arriving early to participate in the BMW Tours and the Munich City Tour? All the AZ Beemers have already booked their rooms!
I refer you to post #157. If you were not cluttering this thread up with all that BMW propaganda it would have been about post #3. SacMike & I are booked and ready to ride, tour, eat, drink, whatever. I promise not to make fun of the Beemer crowd as long as you keep me drunk.

I refer you to post #157. If you were not cluttering this thread up with all that BMW propaganda it would have been about post #3. SacMike & I are booked and ready to ride, tour, eat, drink, whatever. I promise not to make fun of the Beemer crowd as long as you keep me drunk.
If I may kindly point out a fact: There's an Alps Extreme participant who hasn't even bought his airline ticket to and from Germany yet! I won't mention names, but he is from Sacramento, California!

I have the flight and hotel for the pre-ride portion of this clusterfuk booked.

Arriving in Munich on Aug 5th on Air Canada Flight #846 @ 10:05AM

Departing from Munich on Aug 15th on Air Canada Flight #847 @ 11:50AM

SacMike & I are now booked into the Hotel Europaischer Hof arriving on Aug 5th and departing on Aug 8th.

I don't need Don to make alternate arrangements for me on Aug 7th since I would like to go on the BMW Tour and drink the Kool-Aid.

Since Don thinks I'm fat you had better make that the Sugar-Free Kool-Aid.
I have got to warn you Bill, I roomed with SacramentoMike when Wheatie and Karl rode their FJR's out to California. Mike smells funny, he smells really funny!