FJR Forum Alps Extreme M/C Tour; August 8-15 of 2012.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have got to warn you Bill, I roomed with SacramentoMike when Wheatie and Karl rode their FJR's out to California. Mike smells funny, he smells really funny!
So you are saying that I should stick some car air fresheners to his forehead???

I have got to warn you Bill, I roomed with SacramentoMike when Wheatie and Karl rode their FJR's out to California. Mike smells funny, he smells really funny!
So you are saying that I should stick some car air fresheners to his forehead???
Actually yamafitter, you would probably be better off if you stick the car air fresheners on your nose! He perhaps may also ask if you want to shower with him: JUST DON'T DO IT!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've a Question for the FJR Forum Alps Extreme Particpants: Have you booked your room at the Hotel Europaischer Hof, if you're arriving early to participate in the BMW Tours and the Munich City Tour? All the AZ Beemers have already booked their rooms!
I refer you to post #157. If you were not cluttering this thread up with all that BMW propaganda it would have been about post #3. SacMike & I are booked and ready to ride, tour, eat, drink, whatever. I WE promise not to make fun of the Beemer crowd as long as you keep me US drunk on 16-year old single malt.
No post is so good it can't be improved on, Bill.

The forehead's not the problem.

The forehead's not the problem.
yamafitter, what I was so politely trying to tell you is this: SacramentoMike is the King of the "Air Biscuits"! In other words, SacMike can produce "Boofers" and "Irish Trouser Bombs" like no one else on this Planet. If Papa Chuy Viejo is the Prince of Farting, then Mike D. would be the Emperor of Fartage! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

yamafitter, what I was so politely trying to tell you is this: SacramentoMike is the King of the "Air Biscuits"! In other words, SacMike can produce "Boofers" and "Irish Trouser Bombs" like no one else on this Planet. If Papa Chuy Viejo is the Prince of Farting, then Mike D. would be the Emperor of Fartage! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
So I should bring an assortment of corks & pipe plugs then. <_<

So I should bring an assortment of corks & pipe plugs then. <_<
Since you want to travel light when motorcycling Europe, I'd just recommend a roll of duct tape. Tape your nose shut for the smell and your ears shut for the explosions!

Found this website from another motorcycle forum

https://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/03/12-of-most-winding-roads-around-world.html

Would be be riding on number 1 and number 11?
Dudes, we definitely will be riding # 1 and # 11. Also, on our "free" day of Sunday, August 12, the day of our second night in Levico, Italy, I also intend to ride Number 2 Forcella Lavardet. Our Tour Guide may already have Forcella Lavardet on the day's Itinerary, but if not I'll ride it by myself and with whomever wants to ride it with me!

20100615-roads2.jpg

lavardet.jpg

Gothard-Pass-Switzerland-620x413.jpg

Found this website from another motorcycle forum

https://www.theworldgeography.com/2012/03/12-of-most-winding-roads-around-world.html

Would be be riding on number 1 and number 11?
Dudes, we definitely will be riding # 1 and # 11. Also, on our "free" day of Sunday, August 12, the day of our second night in Levico, Italy, I also intend to ride Number 2 Forcella Lavardet. Our Tour Guide may already have Forcella Lavardet on the day's Itinerary, but if not I'll ride it by myself and with whomever wants to ride it with me!
Kind of thought that Don.... thanks once again for making us take this ride!

Achtung Alps Extremists: Have you Fine Folks bought John Hermann's excellent book yet, Motorcycle Journeys Through the Alps? If not, I highly recommend that you purchase it; it will make riding these passes a lot more fun if you know more about them before we strafe them, lots of intimate detail on each of our routings! Here is page 207 from the Second Edition, we will be riding up the Kauner Tal Valley!

Scan_120930000-1.jpg

Page 208 describes how we reach die Stau See from Imst, using the spectacular Piller Hohe pass; next morning our first new pass is die Reschen. I bought my Herr Hermann book back in 1998, I immediately broke the binding and three hole punched each page. Each page measures 5.5" by 8.5", perfect size for the viewing window of a tank bag. On each day I ride the Alps, I have the day's passes I want to bag laid out in order in my tank bag sleeve. Alps Master Hermann has even translated this excellent book into the Canadian National Language!!

Scan120930001.jpg

This is the top of Kaunertal, taken on my 2004 Alps and Dolomites Expedition. We AZ Beemers did not ride it again in 2007, I really regret that we missed Kaunertal then!

Edelweiss148.jpg

Looking back down the Kaunertal Valley from Stau See. https://www.kaunertaler-gletscher.at/en

Edelweiss144.jpg

Saddling up the next morning, after spending the night in the mountain climber huts. SacramentoMike and yamafitter will be snuggling up together to keep warm!

Edelweiss143.jpg

The long steady sweepers climb up the incline from the Valley floor down in Imst, Austria.

Edelweiss117.jpg

This is the narrow Reschen Pass Road, we ride this the next day after our night spent on top of Kaunertal.

Edelweiss076.jpg

A shot of the Reschen See we will be riding alongside of for a number of kilometers.

Edelweiss071.jpg

Stopping along the road for snacks and refreshments, waiting for the Canadian riders to catch up! That's me in the black and white shirt, looking out for those Hosers!

Edelweiss063.jpg

The Frostback Canuckistanis finally arrived to the group, they had been futiley searching for a Tim Horton's! https://www.alpineroads.com/tyrol.php#reschen

Edelweiss059.jpg

Don, Tim Horton's now have a Tim Card just for losers ...

500023_l_1.jpg

Whenever on the road in the less civilized portions of the world I pack my own ...

10002509_l_1.jpg