Thunderhill Raceway, Halloween Day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
Oct 31st was our scheduled make up day from a rain out 3 week ago. Well second time was the charm as it was a perfect day with a slight breeze out of the north and temps in the mid 70's! :yahoo:

Nothing like the smell of race gas in the morning...

IMG_1456.jpg

However some paint jobs are a bit much before 9am...

IMG_1454.jpg

I did like the Tuono with the tire warmers...

IMG_1453.jpg

I have a Penske shock on order for my FZ1 but it didn't get here yet- damit! I could have had Barry set up my suspension on the spot. He came down from Kent Wa and of course I noticed his GP sign. No new shock yet, double damit.

IMG_1460.jpg

Here's a couple lookers.... Jason owns the FZ1 on the left- nice bike with R1 forks, penske shock, steel brake lines, resets and other tasty bits while my Frank just sits quiet next door.

IMG_1473.jpg

Oh and by the way if you are wondering if a Pilot Road II can handle the track? This one did quite well to haul my arse around plus the fact I didn't want to put on softer tires for one day...

IMG_1465.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh and by the way if you are wondering if a Pilot Road II can handle the track? This one did quite well to haul my arse around plus the fact I didn't want to put on softer tires for one day...

IMG_1465.jpg
Cool pic Doug!! I ran the feej at a couple of track days on the PR2s & had the same the same feeling.

Hey, sumptin' wrong wid dat der tyre....

...and did you see any darksiders on the track that day? :lol:

I just LOVE to see blistered tires! (especially when I'm not paying for them). Hope the tires were the only thing that got trashed. I see the Motion Pro camera, videos coming soon?

I just LOVE to see blistered tires! (especially when I'm not paying for them). Hope the tires were the only thing that got trashed. I see the Motion Pro camera, videos coming soon?
Only my tires got trashed by me but their were a few crashes. Ask for a vidio and here you go. I am following Jason with his camera on my bike, a few faster bikes get between us for a bit. No doubt Jason is a faster rider than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXiSNEYB88E

That track looks like an absolute hoot! The elevation changes appear to be a blast, bet the first half of that track would be heaven on my SuperMoto. Sadly, the triple digits are just a bit out of reach for it's measly 400cc one lunger so I'll have to continue to search for tighter courses. Looks like you got your money's worth!

That track looks like an absolute hoot! The elevation changes appear to be a blast, bet the first half of that track would be heaven on my SuperMoto. Sadly, the triple digits are just a bit out of reach for it's measly 400cc one lunger so I'll have to continue to search for tighter courses. Looks like you got your money's worth!
I was wishing I was on a SM in turn 5 with the bus stop on top of the hill. :lol:

Looks extremely fun, working those adrenal glands as hard as it was working your mind.
Man I felt like I had been pumping iron while driving home. That 1000 has some grunt on the throttle but it was the hard braking that made me feel like I'd been doing push ups. Hey this could be a new get in shape program-just ride the track everyday. :)