Apple Run

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Probably not worth a ride report but when insomnia strikes…

The ride advertised here https://www.fjrforum....howtopic=141326 didn't go off as planned-Uncooperative machines and animals made the whole weekend off schedule. I still wanted local apples so I took the scenic route to work the following Friday.

It was Friday, a school and work day, and Skytop was PACKED.

APPLERUN003.jpg

APPLERUN005.jpg

Why weren't all the kids in school? Parking was tight.

DSC00253.jpg

The FJR bags will hold two ½ pecks and then some. Feel free to add side case apple capacity of 1+peck to Bin-o-facts.

APPLERUN001.jpg

Scenery pics from Skytop's neighborhood

APPLERUN009.jpg

APPLERUN013.jpg

APPLERUN016.jpg

APPLERUN017.jpg

APPLERUN021.jpg

It's a shame to finish off a good ride by clocking in.

Got to be thankful for steady work though. And this time of year the night shift doesn't completely suck.

The FJR forum is full of spectacular ride reports from all parts of this country to the other side of the planet. Multiday trips with scenery that makes the RoadRunner cartoon backgrounds seem more documentry than imaginative animation are what we wish for. The percentage of motorcyclists that will ever load up the camping gear and take off for a week is probably small-I don't even know if I'll ever get more than a day or two away from home. M/C ownership is what it is here because it makes an errand or the ride to work a joyous experience. So here you are-an unspectacular report on an average ride-the kind of ride that makes me GLAD to own a motorbike.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FJR forum is full of spectacular ride reports from all parts of this country to the other side of the planet. Multiday trips with scenery that makes the RoadRunner cartoon backgrounds seem more documentry than imaginative animation are what we wish for. The percentage of motorcyclists that will ever load up the camping gear and take off for a week is probably small-I don't even know if I'll ever get more than a day or two away from home. M/C ownership is what it is here because it makes an errand or the ride to work a joyous experience. So here you are-an unspectacular report on an average ride-the kind of ride that makes me GLAD to own a motorbike.

Here here +1
Thanks for the report. All reports are worthy. I love to see other parts of the country/world.

Keep em coming.

Mark

thanks for sharing!!! :clapping:

edit: When I move down to SC, I look forward to trying to keep up with you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures, Mark! Those roads look awesome....where were those pictures taken?

And you do a lot nicer road report than I do. (I hate stopping for pictures). Keep up the good work!

Nice report, great pics. Wow I haven't heard the word peck since I worked in a nursery in the 70's. We sold apples by the peck and bushel. I'll bet you could get a bushel in top case, then watch the front come when you crack the throttle.

Very nice RR! I remember a report from a year or two ago where a forum member filled the "bags" with ducks!! Apples work too.

What kind of apples did you get?

Honey-crisp seems to be the new "hot" variety; good stuff for sure!

Nice pictures, Mark! Those roads look awesome....where were those pictures taken?
FWIW I'm Duane. Mark's not here.

Half peck each Fuji and Winesap, Whole peck Arkansas Black. All three varieties are tart, firm and keep well.

(I know-tart, firm, Arkansas Black, peck, all in one line. It's a hanging curve ball for you punsters out there)

Enjoyed the post...and love the new way to measure side bag capacity. And I swung and missed at the hanging curve ball. :ermm:

Stuff like this is what makes this forum cool. What we see everyday, others will never see except through the lens we bring along. Don't ever feel "hometown" pics don't belong as there will always be someone here who will enjoy pics of your neck of the woods. I hope to make it out to your area in the fall one of these years to see "real" fall colors. Thanks for posting!

Latest posts