Saturday November 12 Brunch Ride to Ranch House!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
Saturday, November 12: The Southwest FJR Forum will do a Brunch Ride to the Ranch House Restaurant in scenic downtown Yarnell, Arizona. https://ranchhouserestaurantyarnell.com

We will meet at the Chevron Station located at the Northeast corner of Interstate 17 and Carefree Highway State Route 74; this is Exit Number 223.

Clutches will be out promptly at 0900 hours.  We’ll meet up with the West Valley riders at McDonald’s in Wickenburg at 0945; at Hassayampa Bridge.

After brunch we’ll ride through Prescott & Jerome on our way back to Phoenix. Any Questions, Don Stanley: [email protected] or 480-440-4666.

https://weather.aol.com/forecast/7-day/us/az/chandler/id/85225 Well Kids, the Weatherman is now forecasting a 60% chance of showers on Saturday with a high of only 65 Fahrenheit.

Please check back here on Friday 11/11 for an update on this rain and cold situation, to see if your Papa Chuy Viejo cancels this Brunch Ride. We AZB Zonies will melt in the wet and cold!

Sounds great Mick, SkooterG wants to show you his new Thanksgiving outfit; the matching hat, purse and gloves are too die for! Really!

Turkeysuit_edited-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As I remember gents, the speed limit on Yarnell grade is 45! I got paced by VASCAR ( old school time/distance calculator) a few years back and got written up for 51!!!!! :angry2: Couldn't believe it as I knew AZ DPS was working that area and purposely kept it below 50. Best way we found to have fun is haul ass for awhile after the top overlook disappears from view, stop for awhile enjoy the view, then haul ass again, which really screws with their VASCAR calculations. :lol: Have fun!

As I remember gents, the speed limit on Yarnell grade is 45! I got paced by VASCAR ( old school time/distance calculator) a few years back and got written up for 51!!!!! :angry2: Couldn't believe it as I knew AZ DPS was working that area and purposely kept it below 50. Best way we found to have fun is haul ass for awhile after the top overlook disappears from view, stop for awhile enjoy the view, then haul ass again, which really screws with their VASCAR calculations. :lol: Have fun!
I too received my last "performance" award on this stretch of great road with a too low speed limit. The place where they time you is a 1/3rd mile section of straight road with a overlook where the officer times your speed. Too fast, and you will be invited to spend a little time chatting with one of Arizona's finest. Radar detectors are useless here. Ride safe.

Thanks for the great ride today Gentlemen. The weather was perfect and the food too much (as always, at the Ranch House). Different groups split up in different directions at Prescott; Some went on to Payson & some rode back down the 17 to Phx. Some went back down Yarnell Hill. Look at that gorgeous blue sky with puffy clouds, God I am glad to be an Arizonan! Zonie Proud!!

PB120008.jpg

The crew at the Ranch House restaurant on top of Yarnell Hill.

PB120009.jpg

Jim & Bob

PB120010.jpg

Kenny and Pete

PB120011.jpg

SkooterG, Kyle Miller and 07FJRTom

PB120013.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo in the background middle of this photo

PB120014.jpg

Bob, Kenny and GSRon

PB120015.jpg

Bob Flanders leading on his beautiful new GT1300

PB120021.jpg

Kyle & Gary Miller at Watson Lake, Father and Son; Gary took these fantastic photographs, he's great with a camera!

PB120042.jpg

Thanks for the great ride today Gentlemen.  The weather was perfect and the food too much (as always, at the Ranch House).  Different groups split up in different directions at Prescott;  Some went on to Payson & some rode back down the 17 to Phx.  Some went back down Yarnell Hill. Look at that gorgeous blue sky with puffy clouds, God I am glad to be an Arizonan! Zonie Proud!!

PB120008.jpg

The crew at the Ranch House restaurant on top of Yarnell Hill.

PB120009.jpg

Jim & Bob

PB120010.jpg

Kenny and Pete

PB120011.jpg

SkooterG, Kyle Miller and 07FJRTom

PB120013.jpg

Papa Chuy Viejo in the background middle of this photo

PB120014.jpg

Bob, Kenny and GSRon

PB120015.jpg

Bob Flanders leading on his beautiful new GT1300

PB120021.jpg

Kyle & Gary Miller at Watson Lake, Father and Son; Gary took these fantastic photographs, he's great with a camera!

PB120042.jpg

Hey all! Had a great time meeting you all. Thanks for the pics. Sorry I missed you all at the end of the ride, but my bladder demanded a detour. Until next time.

Tom

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=141977 Brother Tom, it was also a pleasure to meet you and to ride with you! Just a reminder, next Saturday 11/19 is a Memorial Tribute Ride to FJR Fallen Friend Greg "Good2Go" Guillermo. RIP!

While Greg was not an official AZ Beemers Club Member, he rode with AZB a lot and a number of the same Gentlemen you rode with yesterday will also be riding along in Remembrance of Our Brother Guillermo: Good2Go.

Assembling at the Chevron Station; Kyle Miller's Victory Custom is in the foreground.

100_0798.jpg

Ten Riders and Ten Bikes started off in Phoenix; no pillion passengers rode today.

100_0799.jpg

Picked up three more riders at the McDonald's in Wickenburg; the Mighty Thirteen.

100_0804.jpg

Weather was nice for a ride; 75F HI in the Valley and 55F LO up in the mountains.

100_0802.jpg

The food is great at The Ranch House Restaurant and the portions are gigantic!

100_0806.jpg

Back Road Bob Little is saying: "Where's my Breakfast, I've worked up an appetite!"

100_0807.jpg

We AZB/FJR Forumites took over half of the restaurant and Ranch House was packed!

100_0809.jpg

SkooterG and 07TomFJR, Greg and Tom were on FJR's; The World's Greatest Bike!

100_0814.jpg

Pete and his BMW K bike.

100_0812.jpg

Dr. Bob and his K bike.

100_0811.jpg

And, we had a large passel of BMW GS's on this ride; great day of riding Arizona!

100_0813.jpg