NERDS 2012?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamafitter

Reigning NERDS Granite Lane Gold Medalist
Reaction score
I'm trying to put together a plan for the summer of 2012 that includes NAFO, a ride in the Alps with BeemerDons and some other hooligans and then hopefully NERDS.

I know it is early and it was sort of left up in the air when we left Stowe but I am hoping there will be a NERDS in 2012.

The question therefore is have the powers that be given any thought as to the dates for NERDS 2012?

Hey Bill,

We still haven't done anything at all yet towards planning it, but I would like to have another NERDS in Stowe again next summer. The problem for you and anyone else planning on the Europe Tour is that if we have it the same week in August (3rd weekend of the 17th - 19th) I know it will conflict.

The Classic Car Clubs have a big hoopty doo there the prior weekend. And we wouldn't want to be much later as it will crowd EOM in September. We can look at pulling it forward a few weeks, maybe even into late July? It will depend on what the availability is at the Hotel.

I'll start the dialog with the Commodores and post something up soon.

Dear Fred, Thanks for thinking of we Alps Extreme Riders in your planning, the actual Edelweiss Bike Travel dates are August 8 through August 15. 8/15/12 is a Wednesday and is actually a designated travel day to return to North America.

Dear Bill, Just some food for thought: Perhaps you can ride to Boston and leave your bike with one of the FJR Forum Friends. Hop the jet at Logan Airport (BOS) to Munich and when you return you are in NERDS Country. Tom, Pam and my AZB Canadian Friend Steve from British Columbia are all looking at the Alps trip. We even have two Canadians wearing sweaters, Mr. and Mrs. HotRodZilla, kicking the tires regarding the Alps Extreme Ride, so you will be among Fellow Canuckistanis!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Bill,

We still haven't done anything at all yet towards planning it, but I would like to have another NERDS in Stowe again next summer. The problem for you and anyone else planning on the Europe Tour is that if we have it the same week in August (3rd weekend of the 17th - 19th) I know it will conflict.

The Classic Car Clubs have a big hoopty doo there the prior weekend. And we wouldn't want to be much later as it will crowd EOM in September. We can look at pulling it forward a few weeks, maybe even into late July? It will depend on what the availability is at the Hotel.

I'll start the dialog with the Commodores and post something up soon.
Some of the old and slow couples (if WE go by bike, bride might fly to Spokane) might not be back from NAFO 12 if we have to go to Alaska then Seattle, then Oregon(visit brother inlaw)then ride 5 down the coast of kali, then figure out how to get home, all with an analog GPS. :huh:

Some of the old and slow couples (if WE go by bike, bride might fly to Spokane) might not be back from NAFO 12 if we have to go to Alaska then Seattle, then Oregon(visit brother inlaw)then ride 5 down the coast of kali, then figure out how to get home, all with an analog GPS. :huh:
Well, if you poor bastids have to ride all that far...

I won't feel the least bit sorry for you!! :nono: Unless I come along that is... ;)

Actually, that is a good point. NERDS will have to be very late July or sometime in August. Too late in August is no good as the kiddies (and those tasked with educating them) go back to school.

It might be the best thing if we just kept it the third weekend in August? Since we did it once already, why it's a tradition by golly!! :p

It might be the best thing if we just kept it the third weekend in August? Since we did it once already, why it's a tradition by golly!! :p
I'm good with that. I only need enough time to wash up the riding gear after NAFO before packing for Europe. On my return it's only a day ride from home to NERDS and then we can regale everyone with fresh stories of riding in the Alps.

I'm good with that. I only need enough time to wash up the riding gear after NAFO before packing for Europe. On my return it's only a day ride from home to NERDS and then we can regale everyone with fresh stories of riding in the Alps.
And pictures, don't forget the pictures.

Hell no. I wanna see my boy Bill in some lederhosen!! :p

So long as there aren't any of beemerdons in his swim suit.

I'm still scarred from the Copper Canyon video...

So long as there aren't any of beemerdons in his swim suit.

I'm still scarred from the Copper Canyon video...
Well then Andy, how about a picture of SkooterG and pinhead Dave making out? Complete with Bungie picking a booger out of his nose! Also, this is the only picture I have of FJRob without a beer can in his hand!

33866_1415417501530_1115343268_30961292_6725498_n.jpg

Man, have you ever seen so much trouble at one table before in your entire life! I'm surprised the SWAT team wasn't called.

Oh ya, Don, buy some shoes ya hippie!
Steve, it makes it really hard to play "footsie" with Old Michael under the table if you are wearing shoes! Those Manitoba Boys have big toes! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!