1st Thursday in Dec.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TripperMike

Old Yeller - Thanks for the Memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
OK. So who hasn't tucked their baby in for the winter yet, and what are the odds the weather will cooperate at least till next Thursday? I have yet to make it to Delanos in December and hoping this'll be the year (I might even cheat and have one little itty bitty slice of pizza) ;) . Let the temps drop below freezing but hold the snow!

Hoping you all have/had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thoughts and prayers go out to our men and women who are serving.

Mike

I am not riding mine as much. Mostly because of rain. I am in Illinois and it is some warmer here than where you are from. I will ride until the roads get slippery, then I usually put her in the garage until March.

Rode mine over the weekend, but I have to admit I'm getting kinda used to taking the car into work in the mornings more n more. If I do manage to ride in on Thursday, it'll be the last til March. Oh well, it was a great riding season. :D

Looking forward to the next riding season.

Mike I went for a nice long ride on Black Friday the twisty way to Wabasha and back. Then I changed oil, filled her up with gas and some seafoam, pressure washed her and detailed her, and she is tucked into the front of my garage with 6" to spare in front of where my wife's car goes....

I'm super comfy in my car on the 20 degree mornings now and think I must have been crazy last March when I rode the 14 miles to work a few mornings in the upper teens!

Then again by the end of March or April I will probably be crazy again.

Yea it was a good riding season. Congrats on your BBG1500! Mark told me about it. If you keep putting the miles on you should think about trying a car tire on the back, it'd be nice to do a whole season or two without changing a rear tire. I went through 3 rear tires this year.

Thanks Matt for the congrats. Funny you should mention it, finally got my certificate today. :D

'Fraid today was my last commute into work as the snow is once again beginning to fall. I've given some thought to that CT, would save me some $. Plus I wouldn't need to use the kickstand anymore either. :lol:

I guess now the winter projects begin!!

"Thoughts and prayers go out to our men and women who are serving."

+1

My bike is out for SUMMER!

:ph34r:

I have a weekend away on the bike planned.

:yahoo:

+3 on those away, my unit has some people who will be gone over Christmas and into next year. I got to serve with some Aussies once, good people.

Most people really like their car tires, I got to do a quick jaunt on Bust's FJR at CFO and it felt fine. It was different, but turned and held a line just fine.

+3 on those away, my unit has some people who will be gone over Christmas and into next year. I got to serve with some Aussies once, good people.
In 1974 I spent some time hosted by 1st Battalion 14th Infantry at Schofield Barracks in Hawaii. We were looked after very well indeed.

Many thanks for the memories.

:ph34r:

I'm guessing First Thursday will be a bust, at least that's the way it looks this morning. Wet, sticky snow right now (5AM). Maybe the sidecar guys will give it a go. Or anybody with a car tire on the rear could swap it out for a nice radial snow tire, like a Blizzak or Arctix.

:lol: