Closer to the Edge TT3D

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
Last month, I saw the movie trailer for Closer to the Edge: TT3D on-line and said, "I've got to get that!" For those who don't know, TT3D is a documentary of the Isle of Mann TT. The UK release date was 11/28 so I per-ordered the 3D blu-ray, blu-ray, DVD set from Amazon.UK for $24 (it's not yet available in the US). I was so excited to get it until a co-worker informed me that DVDs and Blu-ray disks are region specific and the UK release might not play on my US Blu-ray player. :eek:

I did a little research and found out that it is in fact true that disks are regionally coded and a UK disk won't play in a US player. Shit!!! Then, I found out not all Blu-ray disks are coded AND it's possible to "reprogram" some players to play disks from other regions. Okay some hope. Well, I tried several times to reprogram my Samsung player to be region free but no joy. :angry2: :angry2: The "hack" just didn't work. Now I have to hope the disks aren't regionally coded.

So today my package arrived and I put the DVD in the player and......NO.... the DVD disk won't play. Okay, so I loaded the Blu-ray disk and the start menu for the disc appeared but it would not play. I was totally bummed out. Then I noticed I could move around the menu on screen. Hmmmm. So I went to scene select and chose scene 1 and.........................YES the Blu-ray 3D verision started to play :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guy Martin is a wild dude and TT3D is a very good documentary on the TT race. The 3D was great and the race footage was amazing.

I'm not sure all the "special features" will work, but at least I could watch the feature. It only cost me $24.