2012 Yamaha YZF-R1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
All photos ripped off from superbikeplanet.com....

One very hot machine.... interesting paint here.....

2.jpg

Traction Control (see decal on side fairing) and Sumitomo six-piston radial calipers.... sweeeeeeet!

9a.jpg

Mikuni throttle bodies....

6.jpg

Serialized Anniversary Edition R1s.... here is #32:

8.jpg

Damnation, 8 gears...... :lol:

9.jpg

Close-up of the triple-tree milling work.... exquisite!

9b.jpg

New hexagonal end caps, and awesome carbon fiber heat shields from GYRT:

9g.jpg

Very sweet. Would kill to have one. But that's not happening for years to come, so I'll just drool over them for now....

9h.jpg

It would look wierd with a fuel cell anyway. And you would look wierd with your knees up around your ears. jes sayin!! :p

I like the blue bike, I'm just that way.

I have one question... Will the Japanese engineers ever design at least a half-assed looking exhaust can? They look like caca on a stick. Is it just me or what? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you've been down that path before, WC, but whassamatter? Haven't picked up enough performance awards lately? :lol:

Blue is killer looking! :clapping:

Too bad I can't ride those things more than a half hour w/o the back and wrists complaining...

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you've been down that path before, WC, but whassamatter? Haven't picked up enough performance awards lately? :lol:
I would not be honest if I didn't admit that the primary reason my red 2005 R1 was traded in on the Busa is due to my lack of discipline when riding the R1. :(

I gots me all kinds of discipline, mind you... but I just seem to chuck all of it out the window when I swung a leg over this old beauty of mine:

FullRightside.jpg

I have never received so many stops/citations on one bike before..... I was on the side of the road collecting my first speeding ticket WITHIN 20 MINUTES of owning the above bike! :( True story... was busted riding it home from Desert Valley Powersports, and got yet a SECOND citation less than 24 hours later! :angry2:

I owned that R1 from June, 2005 to Nov, 2007..... got busted a total of 11 times on that bike, 5 of which ended up in written citations.

The worse was 103 mph in a 55 zone...... amazingly, I was able to talk/plead myself out of that one.... the County Sheriff who stopped me owned the exact same model year R1! B) Thankfully, we were all alone out in the High Desert when I got busted, so I suspect this helped my cause a little.

The summer of 2007 was the worse.... 3 citations. As much as I loved that bike, it was with a big sigh of relief that it got traded in for the Hayabusa a couple months later.

I wish there was a d@mn autobahn some where in the States where you could actually ride one uh deez things to get from point A to point B.

The summer of 2007 was the worse.... 3 citations. As much as I loved that bike, it was with a big sigh of relief that it got traded in for the Hayabusa a couple months later.
Sounds like to me you are saying that the busa is slower than the R1????