Garage Door Opener

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBilldo

Reaction score
So I got sick of getting off the bike to walk up to the keypad and punch in my code to open the garage door. And I don't like fumbling around my bags/pockets for a door opener...so I mounted an IP67 rated button in the fairing. I put an extra door opener in the little compartment in the fairing and ran a thin wire from the opener to the button.

My link

My driveway is sloped pretty good too so when getting off the bike I have to shut it off and leave it in gear or the damn thing rolls away :blink:

Now I can just pop the button as I'm riding up and pull right in.

If others have already done this - my apologies for the repetition.

Cheers!

B

i think it looks sweet.

been considering a similar solution on mine.

would you mind posting your links to your switch? i like the look and size very much.

also, any info on the wiring into the opener and hiding the opener in the fairing would be cool...

i think it looks sweet.

been considering a similar solution on mine.

would you mind posting your links to your switch? i like the look and size very much.

also, any info on the wiring into the opener and hiding the opener in the fairing would be cool...
Here you go

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ITW-Switches/48-1-RB-R-BK-B/?qs=BFeMXwSgz6DkpQ5oBUpseA%3d%3d

For the door opener just get inside and find the button connections on the back of the circuit board. Use an ohm meter or continuity tester and figure out which contacts to jump with your own button.

For my opener I just wrapped in plastic and electrical tape (poor man's water proofing) then padded it a bit and velcro'd it to the inside of the compartment so it doesn't rattle around.

Darnit! Another project to do this week while I am on vacation.

I have been storing my opener in the glove box for years but always wanted to have a cleaner solution.

Thanks!

I used the remote switch wired to the door control on my ST1100.

I need to extract it from the ST and put it on my FJR while it's tore apart for electrical mods.

P.S. don't cut a little wire in the wiring harness when you cut off the tyraps like dumb ass did.

It thought it fell over when no power went to the lean sensor.

You see the you tube MC garage door opening system where the BMW guy beeps his horn and his wife runs out and opens the door?

That would work too I guess, with the right wife.

You see the you tube MC garage door opening system where the BMW guy beeps his horn and his wife runs out and opens the door?

That would work too I guess, with the right wife.
I think my wife needs a new battery; didn't work when I tooted the horn... :blink:

When I explained the procedure she gave me the TWN salute. :finger:

I like it. I was having the same issues, I just went to Home Depot and bought a small key chain remote and programmed it to opener and I have it on my bike key ring works great.I like your install better.

So I got sick of getting off the bike to walk up to the keypad and punch in my code to open the garage door. And I don't like fumbling around my bags/pockets for a door opener...so I mounted an IP67 rated button in the fairing. I put an extra door opener in the little compartment in the fairing and ran a thin wire from the opener to the button.

My link

My driveway is sloped pretty good too so when getting off the bike I have to shut it off and leave it in gear or the damn thing rolls away :blink:

Cheers!

B

Jeeze B...

Why don't you use the above YouTube procedure with this opener unit?

3467969314_16fec238d6_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also kits that use an iPhone app that turns your iPhone into a garage door opener. Here is an example of what is available:

iPhone Garage Door Opener
I like this yamafitter. Only problem for me would be those long days at work when I completely kill the battery in my iPhone. I guess I could solve that by charging on the bike though. I guess I just wanted some semi-permanent and built-in.

There are also kits that use an iPhone app that turns your iPhone into a garage door opener. Here is an example of what is available:

iPhone Garage Door Opener
I'm surprised more people don't use Flash 2 Pass for Motorcycle.

A list of F2P information.

Search found very little information about it on this forum.

It's the easy way to open the garage door from the FJR.

Now this I really like! If my current solution, (with necessity and the mother and Mickey Mouse as the father) does not pan out, than that would be my next crack at it.

My link

Cheers!

B

Jeeze B...

Fred W - wanna hear something completely weird!! I took that photo of the umbrella girl at the long beach grand prix a few years back! How small is the world we live in right? That's my buddy Mark and his son Josh with her.

My link

Cheers!

B

Jeeze B...

Fred W - wanna hear something completely weird!! I took that photo of the umbrella girl at the long beach grand prix a few years back! How small is the world we live in right? That's my buddy Mark and his son Josh with her.
By the way I'm just screwing around....before everyone starts blasting me.

Good one. :thumbsup: I thought you were serious for a second. :blink:

(for those not getting the joke here, I scammed that umbrella girl photo from Bill's Photo hosting account that he linked to earlier)

Good one. :thumbsup: I thought you were serious for a second. :blink:

(for those not getting the joke here, I scammed that umbrella girl photo from Bill's Photo hosting account that he linked to earlier)
Still a better looking opener than what I mentioned....

I velcroed a keychain garage door opener to the underside of my "glove-compartment" door. So as I ride up to the garage, I pop it open and the opener swings up with the glove compartment door.

Easy-peasy.