Official NAFO Announcement Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How ready are The Stanley Boys for NAFO/CFR 2012? We're totally ready, Hosers! Ferry passage on the Northern Expedition is booked and paid for. Are we there yet?

RESERVATION #1

Depart 28 Jun 2012 07:30 Prince Rupert

Arrive 28 Jun 2012 22:30 Port Hardy

Description & Amount

-------------------------------------------------------

2 Adult 374.00

1 Motorcycle 214.00

1 OUTSIDE 2 BERTH CABIN 120.00

Total: $708.00

============================================================

TOTALS:

Total Reservation Amount: $708.00

Total Paid: $708.00

Total Owing: $.00

==================================================
That seems like a lot of $$$ for a 15 hour ferry ride, I hope its a nice day so you can get some good pictures.

How ready are The Stanley Boys for NAFO/CFR 2012? We're totally ready, Hosers! Ferry passage on the Northern Expedition is booked and paid for. Are we there yet?

RESERVATION #1

Depart 28 Jun 2012 07:30 Prince Rupert

Arrive 28 Jun 2012 22:30 Port Hardy

Description & Amount

2 Adult 374.00

1 Motorcycle 214.00

1 OUTSIDE 2 BERTH CABIN 120.00

Total: $708.00

============================================================

TOTALS:

Total Reservation Amount: $708.00

Total Paid: $708.00

Total Owing: $.00

==================================================
That seems like a lot of $$$ for a 15 hour ferry ride, I hope its a nice day so you can get some good pictures.
It shocked me too, MCRIDER007! It had been 25 years since I had sailed that route and it is now twice that cost of 25 years ago. In fact, when I was on the phone with Andrea of BC Ferries I kept mentioning sailing on Queen of the North, she had to remind me that the replacement vessel is now the Northern Expedition.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, here goes

To attend, I'd like to ride one day to a forum members estate, stay over

and then tag along from there

assuming doing the reverse back

so, if one draws a circle from New Orleans of ideally 550mi :rolleyes: (don't think can do >600), :blink:

that would work for me

well, trying to give it a chance

and planning now so can get passport renewed

thanx

I recommend prebooking some place reputable in Port Hardy. I got off the ferry at midnight and found my B&B room came complete with a pink Elvis theme room. I don't know what room the Harley rider on the same ferry trip got but he got there before me and was still there when I left at oh dark thirty! :unsure:

I recommend prebooking some place reputable in Port Hardy. I got off the ferry at midnight and found my B&B room came complete with a pink Elvis theme room. I don't know what room the Harley rider on the same ferry trip got but he got there before me and was still there when I left at oh dark thirty! :unsure:
Definitely going to prebook a nice place in Prince Rupert on Wednesday night 6/27 near the docks and Port Hardy (Bear Cove) for June 28. Miss Barbara will advise us.

Miss Barbara will advise us.
So then you are looking for the pink room :lol:
Wowser, huron52; You, Old Michael and ShinyPartsUp certainly live dangerously around the Vivacious Vixen of Vancouver Island: Barb! I don't whistle at the Devil as I stroll past the graveyard!

pink? pink? are you f'n kidding me?

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hardy is easy, I'm working on Rupert

stay tuned

;)

pink? pink? are you f'n kidding me?

gggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrr

Hardy is easy, I'm working on Rupert

stay tuned

;)
Thanks Barb, I knew you would have leads on good lodging for Seth and I; I already figured out not to trust the Quebec Beer Thief, FJRPierre's a really sneaky Petey!

It shocked me too, MCRIDER007! It had been 25 years since I had sailed that route and it is now twice that cost of 25 years ago. In fact, when I was on the phone with Andrea of BC Ferries I kept mentioning sailing on Queen of the North, she had to remind me that the replacement vessel is now the Northern Expedition.

Actually, I think the cost has almost doubled in the last 3 years. I checked the cost of that ferry in 2008 (rider and bike, no cabin) and I think it was under $300 at that time.

Silly me, I see new posts in this thread and naively think there might actually be some details for NAFO ;)

Silly me, I see new posts in this thread and naively think there might actually be some details for NAFO ;)
You're not the only one...

:blink:

Long as it don't wind up like 2011 WCR!
Or worse...

The 2010 WFO.

ohmy.gif

I'm thinking about attending this one, I'd like to see it happen.

smile.gif

Brodie

I had a problem with PayPal and I sent a feedback with the problem I had. I just need the PayPal address and I can finish up my registration.

woohoo! Just curious, what does the $20 registration fee cover?

EDIT: and is it $20 in real money, or those fake loonies you have up there? :p