Official NAFO Announcement Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woohoo! Just curious, what does the $20 registration fee cover?

EDIT: and is it $20 in real money, or those fake loonies you have up there? :p
As a BTDT rally organizer, I'm guessing the $20 will barely cover myriad overhead items that people (attendees) never consider.

IMNSHO, I view the $20 registration fee a gift and am not interested in an accounting.

My 2 cents - in Canuckistani coin ;)

Back in 1986 when I was heli skiing in the Cariboos and the Monashees (aka the Canadian Rockies) a Canadian Dollar was worth about 75 cent in US Dollars. Then currency conversion mattered, especially when I was spending $3000 Canadian Dollars.

Today the US and Canadian Dollars are par unless you think .003 is materially significant on $20.00.

I will pay directly from PayPal. Hey Bill the address is [email protected]
I just did the same thing. Also, FYI, be sure to mark the payment as "Personal" so there are no fees deducted by Paypal. :)
Holy smokes! And I thought I might be the only one.... Actually you can open the links .. All you have to do is right click and then click on "open link" and it will open. But write down the email address otherwise you can't get back to see it...

Thank for the address guys an girls!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried to regester but need a code, I requested it to be sent to my e-mail but no luck.I sent my Pay-Pal payment direct to Jeff @ [email protected]

Registered and paid (direct through PayPal as suggested above). See you in the Kootenays! :yahoo:

I had a Tall Timber at the Kuskanax Lodge in early September Mark - ice cold and mighty good! We'll miss you bud - it's going to be a party.

In for 2. Just sent off PayPal fees. Awaiting confirmation with instructions and code to make hotel reservations. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wheaties -- if you can't ride in (see if MEM will let you ride bitch to the meet on her way west), you oughta at least fly in for the party and Canadian ale.

In for 2. Just sent off PayPal fees. Awaiting confirmation with instructions and code to make hotel reservations. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Wheaties -- if you can't ride in (see if MEM will let you ride bitch to the meet on her way west), you oughta at least fly in for the party and Canadian ale.
I made hotel res w/o the code, I just told her I was with the FJR rally :yahoo:

I made hotel res w/o the code as well. I just told her I was with the FJR rally. Pray for blue skies and average temps.

The lady who took my reservation said they had 40 rooms. Right now there are 46 folks registered. Don't delay get your room today.

My route up from Seattle looks something like this. Anybody want to join me? Leaving early on Thursday morning, arriving Thursday night. The long days will make this a righteous ride!

Thx for the heads-up. I just reserved my room with a king bed -- didn't have or need the code.

Gonna leave California on the Saturday morning before the rally with nights in Caldwell, ID and Missoula, MT before hitting BC on Monday (probably in Radium Hot Springs Monday night) to do some pre-rally riding in the ever beautiful western provinces of Canuckistan.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Now with Larger, more colourful text!!!
tongue.gif

NAFO #3 - Rally in the Rockies

June 21st - 24th, 2012

Castlegar, BC

It's gonna be a great time, in a great place, with great people! What more do you need to know?
tongue.gif

4 Months, 20 Days, 16 Hours

Happy February everyone! Days just keep getting longer until NAFO #3 kicks off on the Summer Solstice of 2012! I know a few of you have been waiting on additional details, so guess what? The Website,

NAFO.FJRRally.com, is UP!
yahoo.gif
It's still lacking in information, but at least the lodging info and registration system are up. If you've registered for a Rally on FJRRally.com before, you'll need a passcode to register the same 'nickname'. Check your email for a shortcut to the registration page! If there is any additional information you'd like to see on the site, let me know using the "Contact" page so I can bump it up the priority list! For those of you that register and pay right away, keep in mind that I start a real job today (Feb 1) so the confirmation email with the hotel booking code won't be instantaneous, but will be with you soon!​

Rest assured that this is going to be one hell of a good time, the details are just details!

wink.gif

For those of you looking to go straight to the important info and not wanting to filter through pages of the friendly, sometimes useful, sometimes entertaining, discussions, this first post of this thread will be edited with all the latest official information and/or direct links to it!

Did not get a passcode to register

Registered Paid and Hotel room booked.......are we there yet......ummmmm which way we gonna go Steve?????

R

Registered and booked at the hotel.

Rooms are going fast! When I called to reserve a room, the clerk's first words were "Is this for the rally?".

And, according to Paypal, $20 CDN is now worth US$20.59.

See you all again in June!

All booked, think I'll leave Wednesday ride 9 to Sumas and then head for Valemount via Whistler and Lillooet. Thursday I'll ride down the Parkway to Castlegar not sure which way after Lake Louise. Easy days, looking forward to seeing everyone.