Official NAFO Announcement Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just booked a room,

The Fireside in was full but I found the Flamingo Motel, park your bike in front, old style motel run by a Harley Familiy but I won't hold that against them. $75 for a single $85 fpr a double and $95 for a kitchen suite. Just another option if anyone is intersted.

https://www.flamingomotel.ca/

Just playing man. And I hope to get older! How about I but you a beer at NAFO?

Hey, I knew you were playing and thought I would play the poor picked on old guy role. I will buy you a beer and I might have a nice glass of red wine. Should be a good time.

Just booked a room,

The Fireside in was full but I found the Flamingo Motel, park your bike in front, old style motel run by a Harley Familiy but I won't hold that against them. $75 for a single $85 fpr a double and $95 for a kitchen suite. Just another option if anyone is intersted.

https://www.flamingomotel.ca/
Good Information Quixote, I will pass it on to FJRguy Jeff!

There may a room opening up, I'm going to share my room with another PNW crew and his room will be availble, I will ask him to post it here who may want it I think it's a 2 Queen bedroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
There may a room opening up, I'm going to share my room with another PNW crew and his room will be availble, I will ask him to post it here who may want it I think it's a 2 Queen bedroom.
Make sure you still have room for your massage table.

I have my spa appointment all made :D

Make sure you still have room for your massage table.

I have my spa appointment all made :D
No worries ME, I got you covered! :lol:

Has anyone come up with routes for this shindig? Trying to plan my escape route , but I don't want to miss any of the good stuff while we are there.

If anyone needs a room PM me. I reserved a room for (methinks) Thurs-Fri-Sat Night, but will end up sharing a room with Achiu.

Has anyone come up with routes for this shindig? Trying to plan my escape route , but I don't want to miss any of the good stuff while we are there.
I doubt they have dug out the Salmo-Creston pass yet and the ferry on Kootenay Lake is still frozen in the ice so please have some patience. I don't know if it will be on an official route but a road not to be missed in the area is 31a between Kaslo & New Denver.

kalso-new-denver-L.jpg

OK all of you US "Southerners", here's my educational video on Canadian Coins and Bills!

I'm still pissed they wouldn't let me buy coffee at Tim Horton's with Canadian Tire Money!

ct_money.jpg

I doubt they have dug out the Salmo-Creston pass yet and the ferry on Kootenay Lake is still frozen in the ice so please have some patience. I don't know if it will be on an official route but a road not to be missed in the area is 31a between Kaslo & New Denver.
+1

My favorite road is Nakusp to Kaslo. Stop by the bakery in Nakusp - everything fresh daily.

ride.jpg

Yes, an excellent loop!

Balfour to Cranbrook via Nelson can be very busy at that time of the year with all the 'blue-eyed sheiks' from Alberta not sure where to drive cuz there's no hard shoulder :lol:
In 2007 I went up 31 from Kaslo into obvious logging country and I think I got to Poplar Creek. I was told at that time that northeast bit thru the park was OK for bikes but there was a stretch of gravel/dirt..... up to where I don't know (Trout Creek?). I only went up there for a bit because I had to head south to Nelson that afternoon to meet up with my other buddies, so never did the whole loop. I stopped at the very rustic diner in Meadow Creek (I think), had a great meal, but hmmmm was wondering if I was getting into Deliverance country. The locals were friendly though, no worries.

OK all of you US "Southerners", here's my educational video on Canadian Coins and Bills!

I'm still pissed they wouldn't let me buy coffee at Tim Horton's with Canadian Tire Money!

Canadian Tire money is taken by various individuals wanting to attract business, but not mainstream. That said, come to my local town and go to Troy's Diner where you can pay your bill with CT money.

https://troysdiner.com/

Canadian Tire money is taken by various individuals wanting to attract business, but not mainstream. That said, come to my local town and go to Troy's Diner where you can pay your bill with CT money.

https://troysdiner.com/
Yup, the Falcon Hotel (bar) in Sudbury to this day still takes Crappy Tire money.
Thank you Ray and Steve, I have a wad of Canadian Tire money burning a hole in my pocket. I'll try to spend them in Castlegar!

I once bought gas in Georgia with Canadian Tire Money but that's another story.

You better use up all your Canadian Tire Money on this trip since it will soon be discontinued ...

In a world where transactions can be processed through the wave of a card, and the one-cent piece is an endangered species, how much time can be left for Canada's favourite form of alternative currency? Canadian Tire suggested on Thursday it will soon discontinue its tradition, introduced in Toronto in 1958 and nationally in 1961, of rewarding cash purchases with bills that bear denominations under a dollar.
"The Company continues to evolve its loyalty program and customer-centric retailing initiatives," read its latest statement to shareholders, "with a pilot of its new loyalty program planned to launch in a test market later in 2011."

Translation: sooner than later, Canadian Tire money's ex-presidential-looking mascot Sandy McTire will basically be going digital.

Suggestions of a revamp were raised in December 2009 when the store introduced a limited-edition dollar coin to accompany the printed coupons.

The coins, whose second run last February depicted either skating, tobogganing or hockey on one side, and Sandy McTire's hatted mug on the other, proved especially popular last winter when they were given out to customers who spent $25 or more.

But since loyalty programs are typically not rounded off to the next dollar, Canadian Tire seems likely to find a more efficient way to reward regular customers, even if the standard coupon rate is now just 0.4 per cent.

When the concept of Canadian Tire money inevitably takes the form of a card, the biggest losers might be groups that have historically asked people to donate their hoarded bills for the sake of a good cause, even though other businesses have also accepted the fake currency to be legal tender, since they could always use it to buy new light bulbs.

A year ago, though, the store revealed the redemption rate was on the rise in the thick of a recession, and increased its liability provision by about $5 million as a result.

Canadian Tire profits nearly doubled to $181.1 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, even though the company missed analyst estimates, something it plans to rectify with a new campaign that emphasizes the chain's 89-year homegrown heritage in the midst of a new wave of U.S.-owned retail competitors.