Official NAFO Announcement Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canadian Tire money is taken by various individuals wanting to attract business, but not mainstream. That said, come to my local town and go to Troy's Diner where you can pay your bill with CT money.

https://troysdiner.com/
Yup, the Falcon Hotel (bar) in Sudbury to this day still takes Crappy Tire money.
Thank you Ray and Steve, I have a wad of Canadian Tire money burning a hole in my pocket. I'll try to spend them in Castlegar!
One thing always holds true (for now), you can always spend it at Canadian Tire!!

Canadian Tire money is taken by various individuals wanting to attract business, but not mainstream. That said, come to my local town and go to Troy's Diner where you can pay your bill with CT money.

https://troysdiner.com/
Yup, the Falcon Hotel (bar) in Sudbury to this day still takes Crappy Tire money.
Thank you Ray and Steve, I have a wad of Canadian Tire money burning a hole in my pocket. I'll try to spend them in Castlegar!
One thing always holds true (for now), you can always spend it at Canadian Tire!!
Ray, when did Canadian Tire start selling Irish Whiskey?

https://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?locale=en

Last edited by a moderator:
I just heard from the doc at Kaiser (he went to Columbia Medical School and did his residency at Kerlan Jobe so I think he will do a fine job). He has me scheduled for 30 March and tells me that I can expect a six to eight week rehab. So, while it's difficult to feel like screaming YAY! at the prospect of arthroscopic surgery it is also true that 30 March is a full eleven weeks from 21 June so....by this time tomorrow I shall be registered and, hopefully, have a hotel booked. YAY! Soon it will be time to pack that mustard yellow rally shirt and a bottle of scotch.

I am now registered and, because the Fireside Inn only had "smoking" rooms available, am booked across the street at the Super8 for Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.

So Jeff, how far away from the Fireside Inn are these guys? Just a couple of miles, we sure hope!

2012-03-16-polarbears_1735082_thumb.jpg

Hang a right at the end of the driveway

Follow the signs to Watson Lake, White Horse,Beaver Creek and Dawson

Hang a right continue to Inuvik

If you get lost just ask these guys for directions:

imagesqtbnANd9GcQ8wHwiXpX7Zkhvn14ZLgqQ9B-wxtvDIyw2cgodqvKL2u45BWN0.jpg

Hang a right at the end of the driveway

Follow the signs to Watson Lake, White Horse,Beaver Creek and Dawson

Hang a right continue to Inuvik

If you get lost just ask these guys for directions:

imagesqtbnANd9GcQ8wHwiXpX7Zkhvn14ZLgqQ9B-wxtvDIyw2cgodqvKL2u45BWN0.jpg
Many Thanks MCML, couldn't get a straight answer from the Frostbacks!

https://nafo.fjrrally.com/index.php?page=Home I see NAFO has been stuck at 106 players for a while now, I thought it would hit 200 attendees by this time! If we can get polar bears in the Fireside swimming pool, that would get registration moving again!
Out of interest, I broke down the attendees:

Canada

AB - 14

BC - 12

NB - 1

ON - 7

SK - 1

US

AZ - 2

CA - 21

CO - 2

ID - 1

IL - 1

IN - 2

MA - 2

ME - 2

MN - 1

MO - 1

MT - 1

NJ - 1

NY - 4

OR - 5

OK - 1

VA - 2

WA - 21

TX - 1

Great representation from the east.

Most western states are pulling their weight.

I'm guessing there are no FJRs in Manitoba and only one in Saskatchewan?

Come on BC - where are you hiding? We can't let the 'blue eyed (AB) sheiks' outnumber us :clapping:

You wanted a straight answer..... Really?
https://nafo.fjrrally.com/index.php?page=Home I see NAFO has been stuck at 106 players for a while now, I thought it would hit 200 attendees by this time! If we can get polar bears in the Fireside swimming pool, that would get registration moving again!
You mean get them OUT of the pool don't you?
Intech Old Buddy, as long as Scott and Rob are not in the pool, I can handle the polar bears!

CanadianGoobers.jpg

And I'm really hoping that we will not have to be dealing with "this one" in the swimming pool!

meanwhile-in-canadacopy.jpg

And I'm really hoping that we will not have to be dealing with "this one" in the swimming pool!

meanwhile-in-canadacopy.jpg
I've already packed my speedo & water wings. :p

By the way the fish are spawning so the ice fishing should be good. I took this photo down at the Bowmanville Creek yesterday ...

DSC0117-L.jpg

40 More rooms added!

We have secured a block of rooms at the Sandman Inn (~500m, ~1650ft from the Fireside Inn) to accommodate the next round of registrants!!!
yahoo.gif

Sandman Hotel Castlegar1944 Columbia Avenue, Castlegar, BC V1N 2W7(250) 365-8444

Call the hotel directly and say you are with NAFO, the FJR Rally, to get the group rate!

I wish someone would update that timer. ;)
It's a manual thing!... But I'll get right on that for ya!
tongue.gif
Yeah...I know. I was starting to get discouraged that the day was never going to arrive though. Kinda ironic too as I was just passing through the Fraser Valley on my way home from the Island and having a stray thought of how no one had replied when the phone buzzed and notified me you had. Freaky!

Latest posts