You're invited to the Big Money Rally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This does sound like a hoot. But looking at the map, it seems there's a ton more bonus locations in regions less affected by long winters than here in MN. Perhaps Cruzin can enlighten me on how frozen tundra residents can score enough pts to be a finisher.

Were going to have to Run like there is no tomorow in April :lol: And hope March is as nice as December has been, I think I might take the FJR for a ride today :yahoo: This is only pack one who knows there might be closer options in Pack's 2 and 3 :p

Well, I KNOW I am good for at least 15 points as the border is ten minutes away!! LOL. This may get tricky, but so far the roads have been pretty clear and dry. We have ZERO snow on the ground. That will probably change by the time the rally starts. Thanks for doing this John. You da man!!

Man, too bad this hadn't started yet, I did a round trip yesterday to visit family in CA (took the FJR since I just put on new GT 023s), and could have picked up a few of the bonii.

I've signed up, and am hoping my work schedule leaves open a bunch of opportunities...I was already considering a four corners of AZ tour as my first SS1000 attempt (still need to map it out), and I might be able to string some of the POs together along with that...

Is it OK to cross post this rally to the yamahasupertenereforum? I know I'm considering that bike to become my long distance mount...

I'm in!

Been working too hard lately to pass this up! You know... as a favor to my wife and kids... I wouldn't want to turn in to a grouchy man! ;)

Thanks LDRydr!

Last edited by a moderator:
Me and My $10.00 Samsung and Verizon Wireless Prepaid $1.99 Daily Plan are signed up. Waiting for the snow to stop before I can get out there.

Keep Going!

I picked up my first bonus Sunday by visiting the Portland Shriners Hospital for Children.

309da327.jpg

Then I popped in on a friend and the weather caught up with me (but 30 minutes later the sun was shining).

a846ee18.jpg

You are invited to participate in a rally that is like no other! Even you Candy-Butt riders (you know who you are) can participate!
As the Candy Butt Association president, I declare this event is

approved.gif
for all Candy Butt Association Riders! ;)

Whew!!!! I was afraid I was treading in dangerous waters.... Thanks, Boss! :)

I signed up today and really hope to be able to get out some big fun on this one . . . Last thing I did was something sponsored by a bmw forum, talk about candy ass riders !

Today marks the 25% point in the BMR. Yep, only 3more months remain....

We've seen some riders already reach "Finisher Status", we've seen nearly 1,500 bonus/picture submissions from riders' phones (most have earned points) and there have been over 3,300 points scored.

Also some GREAT ride reports by various riders.

All this stuff is available to all on thes site -via the menu items

-and few direct links follow:

News/Update thread here:

News/Updates 12Feb

All Bonus pics here:

Bonus Pics

(and remember you can sort these by your favorite rider)

site here:

Big Money Rally Site

RJ

Once I was able to get out and snag my first Bonus in the Big Money Rally, it took but 17 days until I achieved Finisher Status. Some of the bright spots, beside the Big Money Rally itself were as follows:

6 National Park visits

8 Summit visits

34 Post Office visits

1 International Border crossing.

1,895.5 total miles

431/2 hours total riding time

3 Washington State Ferry crossing.

1 Half mile long line to get back into the US from British Columbia

1 600+ mile day riding in a Oregon Gully-washer.

1 Tire replacement due to a 2 1/2inch long screw firmly planted into a newer PR2 with only 3K miles on it. :angry:
P2121666.JPG

And, for those who've had the experience you will know what I mean, many hours of riding Oregon's Great Roads.

One can't say enough good things about them. :clapping:

And the realization that even with a cheesy free phone one can take some fairly good pix and email proof of your bonus snag right from the bonus location. Within 2 mins you receive a text message from the BMR site confirming that your message was successfully received and you're on your way to the next location. And it's nice to see ones pix already posted when you get home.

RenoJohn and his assistants have come up with a very simple process to transfer data and stay up to date on results from a rider's perspective as well as a spectators.

Its been great fun and impressive to how well this whole effort has been planned out and put into play. Congrats to John and his entire team for the Big Money Rally's success to date.

I'm now looking at starting the 2012 Dam Tour at the end of the month. Given that DT 2012 and the BMR have teamed up on certain bonus locations, and the 2012 DT list of dams are filtered in nicely with many on the BMR locations, my snag count should continue to go up as the weeks pass.

Thanks to RenoJohn for this great rally .

Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park, WA

0127121305a-400x300.jpg

Taholah, WA Post Office

0128121232-400x300.jpg

Olympic National Park, WA

0128121328-400x300.jpg

British Columbia, Canada

02041211001-400x300.jpg

Clatsop Crest Summit, OR

0208120631-400x300.jpg

Lewis & Clark National Historical Park, OR

0208120716-400x300.jpg

Alsea Mountain Summit

0208121321-400x300.jpg

Deadwood, OR Post Office

0208121537-400x300.jpg

Cascadia, OR Post Office - Distroyed by fire the day before Thanksgiving 2011

0209121120-400x300.jpg

Mill City, OR where I achieved official Finisher Status.

0209121300-400x300.jpg

There is still plenty of time to get signed up and join in on the fun. You won't be disappointed!

Keep Going!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice BMR report, Jim. You've done a great job with your "cheap" camera. It's by coincidence that there are clusters of POs around some of the dams, but great for multi-tasking. By May 12, you should have a bunch of points. Thanks for sharing.

Mt. Rainier,

It was a pleasure to ride with you on the Northern Half of the Olympic Peninsula and then meet up down in Southern Oregon to assist you in getting "un-screwed" (if such a thing is possible). Yes this is a great rally and I'm also glad to also have made "finisher" status.

Tim

Had a lovely CBA-style ride today. I'd be heading into DC, so I left early to beat the crowds and traffic. Got some good BMR stuff and will do a small loop tomorrow in Baltimore to get a few more points. I just may get the minimum required points!

I have another points gathering ride planned down to the start of the Cape Fear 1000 in a couple weeks. Hopefully Mr. Bain will grace me with a 5 and I can add to my tally!

If I can get all the points I'm planning, I may achieve finisher status at the MD RTE on April 28th*. All are invited, not just BMR participants, though you must be a participant to win the BMR-related prizes. There will be a competition for the best Hello Kitty adorned motorcycle, so good fun should be had by all!

*Details for the RTE are in the regional rides under Northeast. We'll gather at Vera's White Sands in Lusby, MD 11AM - 2PM.

Awww shucks! I was hoping that Hello Kitty herself could make it to the RTE... She can't. But her cousin will be there. And my little sister. :) Should be a good time! Hope ya'll can make it!