You're invited to the Big Money Rally!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LDRydr

A Homeless Nomad
Reaction score
If you don't like motorcycles and fun, then please read no further.

Otherwise:

You are invited to participate in a rally that is like no other! Even you Candy-Butt riders (you know who you are) can participate!

The goals of this rally are simple:

• Awesome value at only $49.69 (and it includes a money back guarantee).
  • Promote riding during winter months via self-guided bonus collection.
  • Provide a new and very unique bonus collection experience with (near)real-time scoring.

This rally will start on Jan 12 and finish on May 12 (yes, that is 4 months).

There will be three bonus listings to be released at different times (the first is already out).

There will be a banquet in Nevada at the conclusion of the rally. Those not able to attend the banquet will have their shirt/awards/swag sent to them.

Bonuses are spread all over the USA. Wherever you live, you will have access to bonuses.

121 total points will be needed to reach "Finisher" Status. Those able to get out for a few weekends during the winter have a very good chance of reaching this score.

If this sounds interesting to you, please go here to learn more: https://BigMoneyRally.com

Please surf around the site and read more via the menus on top just below the header image.

Suggested reading:

Ten Free Tips

Rally Q & A

Sample leader board

Bonus listing

Sample/practice posts

Please contact the Big Money Rally via the webpage with any questions. Or post them up here and we'll try to help out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only visited one or two pages and half read things.....before I immediately signed up and paid. This is going to be silly amounts of good fun. :)

Glad to see the Carrboro Post Office (about 4 miles from me) made the list.

The best part is there's an ABC store across the street!!

Looks interesting, I may have to sign up.

But what if I'm a Luddite and don't have a phone with a camera? :(

Edit: Yes, I just read the site Q&A, looks like I may have to join the 21st centuary :D

You are invited to participate in a rally that is like no other! Even you Candy-Butt riders (you know who you are) can participate!
As the Candy Butt Association president, I declare this event is

approved.gif
for all Candy Butt Association Riders! ;)

Edit: Yes, I just read the site Q&A, looks like I may have to join the 21st centuary :D
Not just a phone with a camera, but a phone with a camera AND EMAIL CAPABILITY (as in a smartphone). I finally made the leap myself today (nevermind that I'm a tech guy and should have done it a long time ago...)

It would cost me more to upgrade phones than it's worth. I guess I'll just watch for now :angry2:

Not just a phone with a camera, but a phone with a camera AND EMAIL CAPABILITY (as in a smartphone). I finally made the leap myself today (nevermind that I'm a tech guy and should have done it a long time ago...)
Yeah, I already had a PM with RJ and that's what is holding me up. We're due for an upgrade but I hate to do contracts, so for now still have my POS phone.

This rally do look fun tho...

Come on gurls..

Borrow somebody's phone or get off that phat wallet of yours! :p

Edit - seems to me an iPad would work groovy.

OK, I'll expose my Ludditness (this is stuff I really don't care about) but if the photos are e-mailed, how can you tell on the other end that they're sent from a phone and not a laptop? Other than some of the guys have a by-line like "sent from my Blackberry" at the bottom.

OK, I'll expose my Ludditness (this is stuff I really don't care about) but if the photos are e-mailed, how can you tell on the other end that they're sent from a phone and not a laptop? Other than some of the guys have a by-line like "sent from my Blackberry" at the bottom.
That'd be a good question for the Rally Bastard Master, which is not me. Post up a question on the rally page and see what he says. I'm sure there's a reason for it. It may be something as simple as knowing the bonus photo actually came from you because it's coming from your phone. Or putting my techy-guy-cap on maybe he's looking at the metadata from the picture to be sure it was actually taken with a cell phone, again as a way to authenticate the origin and weed out <gasp> cheaters.

That'd be a good question for the Rally Bastard Master, which is not me. Post up a question on the rally page and see what he says. I'm sure there's a reason for it. It may be something as simple as knowing the bonus photo actually came from you because it's coming from your phone. Or putting my techy-guy-cap on maybe he's looking at the metadata from the picture to be sure it was actually taken with a cell phone, again as a way to authenticate the origin and weed out <gasp> cheaters.
Righty-o, the phone tags each photo with it's (ID) and the photo and phone's geo-location

at the time it was taken. I can see other authentication efforts going in this direction in the future.

As for the rally, I have never participated in one, and this seems very, very appealing to a rally-newb as I.

I first wondered why Texas was being harshly targeted with very few bonuses, then I read deeper into

the site and found that it's a winter rally, and since we don't have harsh blizzards nor many summit's here

we have to travel a bit...fair when compared to some regions which will have powder and ice on the ground for 5 months.

What fun it looks like. I Don't think a in-state (Texas/LA) can render all the needed points; of course later bonus releases

will reveal that opportunity in the future.

Thanks for the post and link.

This sounds like Big Fun!

And what excellent timing - I finally was dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world. I bought my first smart phone last week. Now if I can only figure out how to use the damned thing.

Apprehensive as I was months ago ($$$), they are great. Thanks for Father's Day.

Pays for itself all the time. Love my HTC Sensation

Constantly accurate GPS help; with no update fees.

Weather radar and traffic instantly.

I have considered the Cell-Buckle for mine to help

back up my gps on the bike, but mounting the Cell buckle poses a challenge on the FJR.

Only drawback is when you are in an area with no 4G,3G or wifi; of course

roads in those area's rarely change anyways; GPS would be fine. Of course my

carrier T-Mo doesn't stray too far from the major roads with ample coverage, but

getting better each week.

Very excited about the rally; like the format with the cell phone evolution

for verification; no fighting receipts or keeping up with them, just click and send.

Easy peasy! Caution; set up a charger on the bike; those batteries in those buggers

go down faster than brick in a lake; especially when you are traveling. But there

are settings to combat that as well; a little but not much.

Sign up this is going to be a Hoot :yahoo: ...If you don't have a smart phone it's a good reason to upgrade :)

It's super easy to post, I have been helping RJ test the server(s) :D

It's super easy to post, I have been helping RJ test the server(s) :D
Yep on all.

In fact it was Cruzin's great and fun posts over the last months of testing that prompted me to sign up for this gig. gunna be fun.

Here is some of the posting/testing that Cruzin did for the Big Money Site: (HERE)

This does sound like a hoot. But looking at the map, it seems there's a ton more bonus locations in regions less affected by long winters than here in MN. Perhaps Cruzin can enlighten me on how frozen tundra residents can score enough pts to be a finisher.