Posting up some 2012 "Wheaton rides"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh!! Just found out I have to be in DC in May so I'll miss SE Ohio Ramble. :angry:

AND I have a conflict on the Thursday for Hooterville (I might get "sick" that day...) ;)

Ugh!! Just found out I have to be in DC in May so I'll miss SE Ohio Ramble. :angry:

AND I have a conflict on the Thursday for Hooterville (I might get "sick" that day...) ;)

Let me know if you need a note...you ain't missing it. ;)

870 miles to Caldwell.... I would like to ride in that area of the country. Maybe we can get a MN caravan heading that way. Would be a long ride though.... Will talk to Marc and Mike.

Is it wrong that I would rather trailer the bikes there? :eek: ... to save gas and tires ;)

870 miles to Caldwell.... I would like to ride in that area of the country. Maybe we can get a MN caravan heading that way. Would be a long ride though.... Will talk to Marc and Mike.

Is it wrong that I would rather trailer the bikes there? :eek: ... to save gas and tires ;)
It's OK only if you show the make and year of your trailer in your signature line. ;)

I know, I know... kind of like a toad calling something ugly. :glare:

I'm considering riding back roads to Dayton and spending the night, and then going to see the Air Force Museum for a few hours the next morning before heading on to Caldwell.

I saw it back in the late '70s, and I hear it is really big now. I was impressed back then.

I'm considering riding back roads to Dayton and spending the night, and then going to see the Air Force Museum for a few hours the next morning before heading on to Caldwell.

I saw it back in the late '70s, and I hear it is really big now. I was impressed back then.
Saw it a couple of years ago...it is huge. I spent half a day there and felt like I RAN through it. I was with wifey and the kids...so I kinda had to go faster than I wanted to.

It has everything you could ever want to see about the birds of yesteryear. My legs were tired from walking so much. Go ahead and spend the couple hours...2 hours is better than zero hours. However, I felt like a kid in a candy store...I never wanted to leave.

zzzzip do yourself a favor, spend at lest one whole day at the museum, even then you won't see it all.

Be sure to visit the snack bar, they have the tower wired in you can listen to the controlers work traffic.

I have to agree with Wheaton and Airboss on Dayton. We stopped in two years ago and I think we made it throught the first 4 rooms before we were worn out. Way too much to see in a day. I'll go back again some day to take up were I left off.

I definitely want to make the Ramble. Could be tough, though, as we are taking off for an epic cross country trip in June. We will be putting NAFO right in the middle. I still have Marty's route printout in my tank bag map pocket. A an excellent reminder of some great riding.

Won't be able to make the OH ride. Got plans for a hefty week of mile munching in mid summer, which leaves time for only one other highly desireable ride. That being another romp around the Ozarks.

And what-the-heck is this about "trailering" your bike??!! If my bike weren't broke and I was to suggest to her that I was going to trailer her somewheres...she'd be sooo pissed. Besides, the miles seem to go by so much easier on a bike than in a cage IMHO.

Won't be able to make the OH ride. Got plans for a hefty week of mile munching in mid summer, which leaves time for only one other highly desireable ride. That being another romp around the Ozarks.

And what-the-heck is this about "trailering" your bike??!! If my bike weren't broke and I was to suggest to her that I was going to trailer her somewheres...she'd be sooo pissed. Besides, the miles seem to go by so much easier on a bike than in a cage IMHO.

yeah I agree I would rather ride. I'm going to AR with a few guys on liter bikes in May and one of them has a trailer that fits 6 bikes so the FJR is going in there, I'll nap on the way down there and save my tires/money.... would like to ride but it makes sense and we'll get plenty of riding in the twisties of AR over 4 days of riding. Keep us updated on your 'cross country' trips this year Mike.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no problem with someone trailering their bike 800 miles to make the Ramble or the Hooterville rides. The riding will be great at the event itself...not so much in between MN and the events.

This is room for both LD pussies AND Trailer pussies at these events.... :D