Posting up some 2012 "Wheaton rides"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EDIT: There is a chance that I may add a day to this ride to either ride another day in SE Ohio, or add a WV day loop into the mix.
Well that chance of two great days of Ramble roads has gone up to 100% this year. :clapping:

Therefore, we will be doing the SE Ohio Ramble on...

May 18-21, 2012 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, AND Monday!) MARK YOUR CALENDARS! :yahoo:

Friday - Travel day

Saturday - day loop to the east into WV even.

Sunday - day loop to the west into the Hocking Hills region

Monday - get home day

Both loops WILL be based out of Caldwell so as to minimize packing/unpacking. If you can only join us for one of the two days...that's fine. HOWEVER, you will weep at the missed twisty roads if you miss one of these days. Example routes in preliminary stages...

Saturday- east loop (390 miles)

2012Rambleeastloop-390miles.jpg

Sunday - west loop (350 miles)

2012Ramblewestloop-350miles.jpg

Obviously these are long days if you travel the whole route...but as you can see, these routes are so loopy, it would be easy to cut off some miles and head towards the barn if you are tired. :huh:

So dream on during this cold snowy winter of warm May days of riding the twisty roads of SE Ohio... :yahoo:

I'll be opening up a sign up thread in the next few weeks...but if you don't want to wait, go ahead and book your rooms. Like all Rambles, there are no room discounts, no event fees, no organized dinners (a restaurant is within walking distance), no speeches, no nuthin'...just riding and having a good time with your FJR friends.

EDIT: EDITED TO INDICATE THAT THE EAST LOOP WILL BE ON SATURDAY, WEST LOOP ON SUNDAY.

Last edited by a moderator:
on my calendar... I still haven't completely locked in the kitchen pass yet though.
Please check out the SE Ohio Ramble Poll in the midwest section...I'm looking for input from guys looking to ride the Ramble...as the Breaks Camping Meet is scheduled on the same weekend. :clapping:

on my calendar... I still haven't completely locked in the kitchen pass yet though.
Please check out the SE Ohio Ramble Poll in the midwest section...I'm looking for input from guys looking to ride the Ramble...as the Breaks Camping Meet is scheduled on the same weekend. :clapping:
Oh man... who schedules these things?? :blink:

Oh man... who schedules these things?? :blink:
Hey, innocent mistakes happen...it's a great problem to have...so many GOOD things to choose from. I salute El Toro Joe for picking up the organizing for the Camping Meet.

Hey, innocent mistakes happen...it's a great problem to have...so many GOOD things to choose from. I salute El Toro Joe for picking up the organizing for the Camping Meet.
No doubt, no doubt... too many choices is a better problem to have than too few or none! :D

Bump...I will be planning soon for the Hooterville ride in the Fall...keep your calendars open. That means you gramps...0Face is a lost cause...he always needs a note.

EDIT: Just talked to the manager at the BW in Clinton, AR...looks like we can have some good deals if we get atleast 5 rooms rented...$67 per night vs $80 per night.

October 5, 6, Friday and Saturday nights = Clinton, AR Best Western

You think there is enough interest for me to pursue a group rate thing? (I usually don't do this because of the complainers and whiners and Minnesotans)

POST UP IFFN YER INTERESTED! :clapping:

(Remember, October 4, Thursday night = Farmington, MO Super 8)

I plan to make it.
Hey, I'm counting on you making it. I haven't seen you in a couple of years it seems. (well, since last year anyways. :D )

Okay so that makes it:

wheatonFJR

zzzzip

Gramps

griff

TripperMike

...thus far

I'm sure TripperMike is planning on coming, I'm still working on Joe2Lmaker, there might possibly be a couple more. But we know how that usually goes. ;)

I haven't ridden in Arkansas before, where is it?

Never mind, I'll just follow Gramps, if I can keep up.

Mike
Okay...TripperMike...adding you to the Hooterville/Arkansas Combo. :clapping:

Okay so far, that makes it:

wheatonFJR-Mark

zzzzip-Skip

Gramps-Marc

griff-Carl

TripperMike-Bob

fjrrider-Scott

...thus far
Anybody else?

Hell thats twice as far as the "RAMBLE" was.

This is not a commitment yet, but I'd love to come.

I've got a brother in law that lives out around the Ozarks some where, that I'm supposed to visit in Sept/Oct.

Maybe I could combine that with this ride.

Hell thats twice as far as the "RAMBLE" was.

This is not a commitment yet, but I'd love to come.

I've got a brother in law that lives out around the Ozarks some where, that I'm supposed to visit in Sept/Oct.

Maybe I could combine that with this ride.
It would be a great opportunity for you to be shown some great roads while riding with friends...it would be great to have you, but I know it's a long shot. Hope you can make it...let us know if you can.

I'm going to try to make the AR trip in October, but it might come down to either that or CFO, so we'll see how it pans out.