Joe's Barbecue Ride to Wikieup, Arizona on JAN 29 - SUN

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.eatatjoesbarbecue.com/ At yesterday's New Year's Day Ride hosted by SkooterG, Papa Chuy Viejo had a number of folks ask if I was going to host a Joe's Barbecue Ride to Wikieup again this year. The answer is: Hell, Yes!

We FJR Forumites will be kickstands up at 0900 hours on Sunday, January 29 from the Chevron Station located at the Northeast Corner of Interstate 17 and Carefree Highway State Route 74. We will stop in Wickenburg for West Valley Riders at the McDonald's Restaurant next to the Aqua Fria River. Depart McD's at 1000 for the 90 minute ride to Joe's. I'll call in our group reservation for 1130 hours.

Questions: Contact Don at [email protected] or 480-440-4666

picture_129_jz9a.jpg

az_map_jpeg.jpg

bullelks_pic_of_joe_s_fixed_qfw4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, RSVP for this ride no later than Wednesday, January 25: I called Eat at Joe's Barbecue Owners/Friends Joe and Rose and they do need a head count for us!

My Best AZB Friend Uri Schumm and I've been leading this Winter Ride for AZ Beemers and FJR Forum for seven years now, this is a continuous yearly AZB event!

DSC00828.jpg

Continuous?!?! You were doing something else pathetic last year and it didn't happen despite my attempts! :fuck:

As for this year....... I'll be your huckleberry.

PLEASE NOTE: If you're riding to Joe's for Eats, I'll need an RSVP by Wednesday night 1/25!

Eat at Joe's Restaurant is very small, so we want to reserve enough seats and chow for us all.

Can RSVP here on the thread, or contact Don Stanley: [email protected] or 480-440-4666.

BUMP REMINDER!

Two weeks from today we Southwest FJR Forumites are riding to Wikieup, Arizona to dine at fabulous "Eat At Joe's Barbecue". Please RSVP no later than Wednesday, January 25; so I can call Rose and Joe on 1/26 and give them a solid head count. Their Restaurant only seats 30 people max.

Either post your RSVP here or contact Don at [email protected] or call me: 480-440-4666.

I'm a 90% definite maybe...I get back from Vegas on the 28th, but it's a pretty intense show, so there is a chance I'll sleep through my alarm on Sunday!

I hope it's OK if a new guy tags along? My wife(Judy) and I are in for this ride. Will meet up in Wickenburg. I'm new to the area, is this the McDonalds on the north side of 60 just east of the 93 intersection? We look forward to meeting everyone! I'm still getting used to the fact that I can ride comfortably in late January. ;D

Scott
https://www.mcstate.com/6217/ Hi Scott and Judy, very glad to hear that you will be riding along with us to Eat at Joe's BBQ in Wikieup, AZ. Yes, that is the McDonald's location; exact address is 370 East Wickenburg Way. Keep my cell number of 480-440-4666 handy, if you need any additional information.

Looks like we are going to fill the inside & outside.  Hope they've got enough food & cooks!
+1, Gunny; between FJR Forum and AZ Beemers I'm now counting 30, I'll call Joe/Rose today!
Gary, I just called Joe and I told him to expect 30 people and he said NO PROBLEM!  He said between inside and outside tables they can easily seat 30 riders.

Duke wants to make a weekend out of it! So, we will ride down sat with my buds & go on the baghdad hwy to yarnell for lunch (buds will go back to kingman) then duke & I will continue on to N phoenix

for the night & meet ya at the chevron station at carefree hwy & 17 Sun morning.

Duke wants to make a weekend out of it! So, we will ride down sat with my buds & go on the baghdad hwy to yarnell for lunch (buds will go back to kingman) then duke & I will continue on to N phoenix

for the night & meet ya at the chevron station at carefree hwy & 17 Sun morning.
Sounds great Mark, I am very glad to hear that you and Duke The Wonder Dog can make this Ride to Eat!

Both Adam Kryger (Galaxyblue from the FJR Forum) and I will be partaking in this Los Robustos gathering. I'm looking forward to seeing some familiar faces. We'll see you all there at 11:00. :D :D
I'm glad to see Doctor Bob and Uri will be there. Of course it's always good to see Brian and Melanie. Have not seen them since Colorado.
I just wanted to warn everyone that GalaxyBlue and Big-Dan are going to meet us at Joe's BBQ in Wikieup, Arizona tomorrow 1/29. So just make sure that you put your wallets in your front pockets and don't wear any expensive jewelry! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Yup.

Consider the party officially crashed with my arrival! :D

(I think i'm safe... I know where all the curbs are and know how to avoid them!)

Latest posts