NERDS Website is back from the dead!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Petey and I will be riding up from the Southsweat. Looking forward to riding on the COOL VT mountains.
Oh, great. Just f'n great.

Now I'm gonna have to constantly be looking over my shoulder.

Otherwise Petey will sneak up on me again, all ninja-style and shit. :assassin:

All in!!! But there wasn't a space fer Dolly to register.

Guess she can miss this one :lol:

If you can find the time this is one rally you don't wanna miss great roads peeps and beer.

I think we should really try and book all 72 rooms ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Petey and I will be riding up from the Southsweat. Looking forward to riding on the COOL VT mountains.
Oh, great. Just f'n great.

Now I'm gonna have to constantly be looking over my shoulder.

Otherwise Petey will sneak up on me again, all ninja-style and shit. :assassin:
I gotta ask myself, do I want to be in the general vicinity of CFR's most vicious enforcer. That guy is one high-toned customer. I left CFR on his good side, at least I think it was his good side. It might have been Nosecone. It's hard to tell.

It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintances!

We'll do our utmost best to keep the temps down for ya' in August, but even if we run into a string of hot and humids, these NERDS events are way too cool! :yahoo:

PS - One way that I know NERDS '11 really was a success is because Airboss Karl was one of the first to jump back in for NERDS '12.

Hell, he registered himself before I did! :huh:

The Devil made me do it. :devil:

NERDS '11 was a serious good time, and with the same crew running the show for '12 no way I'm gonna miss it.

Registered and booked all 4 days. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Did I see that right? Are the Junkies going up Monday? :clapping:
That's our plan... if I can "win" the week off in my company's vacation bidding this month. Full weeks are easier to get than individual days, so we figured, what the hell! We know there'll be lots of good riding routes to choose from, so we'll have plenty to do while we wait for the rest of you. Room is booked, and we'll know by the end of the month if I get the week. Gina's threatening to go without me if I don't....!

Wife and I are registered on the website and will call for the room tonight. Looking forward to it!

Wowsers!! Lotta peeps are jumping in on this. And lots of folks will be bringing along their SO's. Good on you all. :p

The Asphalt Junkies have me thinking...

Maybe TMJ and I should plan on coming on up a bit earlier in the week too.

I mean... Why not? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As we did last year, Grace and I will head up Sunday trailer in tow and camp a few days before we hit the hotel Wednesday-ish. Hopefully any rain will be of the brief thunder shower type, rather than the suck-the-soul-out-of-you all day and night deluge we were in last year whilst camping. I gotta remember to get stickers for NERDS and Stowe for the trailer.

Wowsers!! Lotta peeps are jumping in on this. And lots of folks will be bringing along their SO's. Good on you all. :p

The Asphalt Junkies have me thinking...

Maybe TMJ and I should plan on coming on up a bit earlier in the week too.

I mean... Why not? :thumbsupsmileyanim:
Yes indeed Fred an excellent thought! As you know Gail and I are on mandatory vaca. (Gail's school in lockdown) those week's so for us it's beach or bike it's all good! :yahoo: NERDS ROCK!!!

It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintances!

We'll do our utmost best to keep the temps down for ya' in August, but even if we run into a string of hot and humids, these NERDS events are way too cool! :yahoo:

PS - One way that I know NERDS '11 really was a success is because Airboss Karl was one of the first to jump back in for NERDS '12.

Hell, he registered himself before I did! :huh:

The Devil made me do it. :devil:

NERDS '11 was a serious good time, and with the same crew running the show for '12 no way I'm gonna miss it.

Oh this is just great! Now I can't go on account of Karl's talking me into dancing naked poolside last time..

How was I to know he sent the video proof to the old broad?

Now I can't walk alone the 700 feet to the corner store. :(

Missed this one last year. I'll make this one "God willing and the Creek don't rise". Benjamin Hawkins

Took Fred's advice and made a reservation as well.

I had a chance to do some reading on the 6 Gaps of Vermont .............. wow. I really hope this works out. I also have a buddy in Bakersfield that I should stop in and see. It looks like a 45 min run from HQ.

Canadian FJR

I had a chance to do some reading on the 6 Gaps of Vermont .............. wow. I really hope this works out. I also have a buddy in Bakersfield that I should stop in and see. It looks like a 45 min run from HQ.
Wild Bill, dCarver and I did the 6 gaps at the last NERDS. It's a damn good ride! A little twisty, a little scenic, a little gravely and about the perfect length. Just watch out in the mid day sun when you bust around a corner at about 70mph in a 50 standing on the pegs to grab some cool air, only to see the Sheriff's Suburban with the Radar pointed right at you. Luckily, he just waved as I went by.

IMG_1177.jpg

Spotted this at the top of App Gap.

Anybody else do Tracy Road last year? If not, put it on the short list for 2012. :yahoo:

grand isles and northern dacks
I agree!! The 3 routes that go though the 'Dacks have the best twisty bits. Art's Twisty Butt rides Tracy road in both directions (out and back) and while that may seem a little silly... believe me, it isn't. :thumbsup:

By the way, the linked web site does seem to have copied all the GPS files from last year's NERDS. I've heard that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Whose site is that? :unsure:

We intend on re-testing all of these routes and making additions / modifications anywhere they are needed, especially after the Hurricane Irene damage last fall. The re-tested and improved GPS routes will be posted on the official NERDS web site in plenty of time before the event. I suppose that maybe we could put back up the route descriptions and google maps until then so folks can get a feel for them.

We intend on re-testing all of these routes and making additions / modifications anywhere they are needed, especially after the Hurricane Irene damage last fall. The re-tested and improved GPS routes will be posted on the official NERDS web site in plenty of time before the event. I suppose that maybe we could put back up the route descriptions and google maps until then so folks can get a feel for them.
Don't forget our New England Riders "NER" site for routes

Rather than have another site serve as the place to get last year's route info, I updated the Official NERDS Website to make last year's ride routes and GPS file links available again.

Feel free to browse through the NERDS '11 routes, but keep in mind that the routes and GPS files from last year will more than likely be updated and possibly changed significantly throughout the spring and early summer as we test each route.

Hurricane Irene did considerable damage to roads and bridges in New England last fall so some of last year's routes may not even be passable this year without some major changes.

Ed.

Since I drag a box, I'm also active on the www.motocampers.com forum and Bob Vail's Delphi motorcycle trailer forum, so I put the routes up on that obscure test site for folks interested in planning vacations to Vermont. I'll revisit those forums and redirect to the NERDS 2012 site. Didn't know they were posted on the NER site.