NERDS Website is back from the dead!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRed

Reaction score
:yahoo: We're Back!!! :yahoo:

The official, one-and-only, super-spectacular, NERDS website is now back on-line and available to NERDS everywhere.

Less than two weeks after last year's NERDS event, the hard drive crapped out in my little Franken-PC that I cobbled together to run the NERDS website. Luckily, I had a backup of the website itself. Unfortunately, all of the rest of the software and configuration to make a web server work had to be redone from scratch. (Seemed much harder the second time for some reason). I learned my lesson and built-in a backup drive this time so I hopefully won't have to start over again if something else happens.

I'll let Fred (not Ed) handle the official announcement of NERDS 2012 and give you all the details, but if you want a pre-announcement sneak-peak, here's the website address where you can find out about the event --> fjrnerds.dyndns.org

There will be more content added in the coming weeks so keep checking the website. As before, if you see something that doesn't look or work right, send me a PM so I can fix it.

Ed. (not Fred)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well damn, I know how hard it was for this web site to undergo resurrection and want to give Ed (not Fred) a virtual pat on the back. I expect that this highly skilled necromancer will be able to make this year's NERDS site just as useful and successful as last year. Good job Ed!!!

Sweetness!

The NERDS peeps know how to party and ride, oh, and EAT!

If you have a chance, make it happen!

Yeah, definitely!! Mega-kudos and huge props to FJRed for resurrecting his "Little Server That Could". :yahoo:

Not an insignificant amount of effort went it that, and as ionbeam said, the web site proved to be a tremendously valuable information source for the attendees last year.

Now to go make those "official" announcements... Clicky!!

Is there a cut-off for registration. I would like to make it down for a couple of days but I won't know for sure until July.

Looks like a fun event.

Canadian FJR

Is there a cut-off for registration. I would like to make it down for a couple of days but I won't know for sure until July.

Looks like a fun event.
Hey Scott,

Nope. Since there is no paid event "registration", there is also no real cut-off date. You could just decide to come at the very last minute, just so long as there are rooms available or you can find someone to share one with. But, I would encourage folks to make early arrangements and then cancel or modify them later on since there is no penalty to do that.

Hope that you can make it this year.

:lol:

Actually, Scott, Yes!! The hotel is experienced at hosting other bike groups. You know, the kind with lots of shiny chrome and stuff and owners who wash their bikes now and then. So they will provide a bike wash station and some old towels and such on request.

And I just knew that you were going to need that. Afterall, you are going to want to run the 6 Gaps of Vermont ride (two of which are dirt), right?

Will there a spot to wash my bike? :p

Canadian FJR
Won't need a wash station - going to rain all week (NOT!)

Great time last year and I actually did wash my bike at the hotel (weather was great for the week). Going again this year but hopefully with a bike that is working properly. (Had some issues last year)

Ross

Washed mine there since we camped earlier in the week when we encountered heavy dew. Had to wash the mud off so I could tell where the bike ended and the trailer began. :yahoo:

IMG_1112.jpg

Happy wet camper giving TWN salute.

IMG_1109.jpg

Ya done good Ed (not Fred). :yahoo: Now that I'm retired I should make more than just 2 days of NERDS (if the money holds out that is).

Tom

Petey and I will be riding up from the Southsweat. Looking forward to riding on the COOL VT mountains.
It will be a pleasure to make your acquaintances!

We'll do our utmost best to keep the temps down for ya' in August, but even if we run into a string of hot and humids, these NERDS events are way too cool! :yahoo:

PS - One way that I know NERDS '11 really was a success is because Airboss Karl was one of the first to jump back in for NERDS '12.

Hell, he registered himself before I did! :huh: