SW-FOG 2012

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big-D

Reaction score
After taking part in the organizing and development of the past two SW-FOG's, I have decided to pass this task on to someone else. Neither Don Stanley (BeemerDonS)or myself [big-D] will be taking part in the organizing of this great event. Personally, after attending the last three years and helping orchestrate the last two years, I want to take a couple more distant trips this year coming up, so I decided it would be more important to spend more time and effort on these longer trips that I want to take instead of organizing the SW-FOG.

The last couple years in Taos have been a lot of fun and very successful, even with a faltering economy. I want to thank everyone that attended and those that took part in lending a hand in getting things off the ground, such as AJ (HotRodZilla) for taking on the task of ordering shirts, even if he never did learn how to spell worth a shit!!

So to anyone that decides to take over the reins of the SW-FOG, I wish you great success. Both Don Stanley and I have spoken to a couple folks that may be interested, but I will not mention any names until they decide if they want to do it and make that announcement themselves.

Depending on location and time frame, I may still attend the 2012 SW-FOG, but only as an attendee. As many already know, Don is flying off to hang with a bunch of foreigners that talk funny to ride the Alps. Many people have expressed the urge to have the SW-FOG in the beautiful state of Colorado.

A big thanks to Don Stanley for spending as many years as he has organizing so many rides. If not for him, a huge majority of group organized rides would have never of taken place. Its time for me to ride out to sheep herder country!

Dan Compton

Being a Co-Rallymaster of SW-FOG with Big-D has been rewarding fun!

But I'm going fishing with yamafitter - Bill F. in the Dolomites this year:

meanwhile-in-canadacopy.jpg

Thanks to both of you for your tireless efforts the last two years, I know it isn't easy to please a large group of Freaks and A**holes but you seemed to manage well. The events were quite large for a regional event, but you did good. Thanks and have fun this summer on your respective rides, be safe! :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks to both of you for your tireless efforts the last two years, I know it isn't easy to please a large group of Freaks and A**holes but you seemed to manage well. The events were quite large for a regional event, but you did good. Thanks and have fun this summer on your respective rides, be safe! :clapping: :clapping:
Brother Bud, many thanks to you; Freaks and Assholes are our favorite people, that's why Big-D and Papa Chuy are good friends with Bustanut joker and RadioHowie!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll go ahead and step-up to try and fill Big-D and Beemerdons' shoes. Consider me SW-FOG 2012 rallymaster! I'm going to keep things low-key and simple in the tradition of past SW-FOGs, but if anyone wants frills like door prizes or t-shirts, I'll be looking for volunteers to coordinate that part. COSFJR has mentioned maybe making another logo for us, and would be willing to provide the file to be put on a shirt, etc.

It will definitely be in Colorado, but before I set a location or date, I need to make some calls to see when/where we can get the best rates.

*cross-posted to the other recent SW-FOG 2012 thread*

... Don is flying off to hang with a bunch of foreigners that talk funny to ride the Alps....
What's all this aboot we talk funny eh??? Taberfuckingnac!!

Being a Co-Rallymaster of SW-FOG with Big-D has been rewarding fun!

But I'm going fishing with yamafitter - Bill F. in the Dolomites this year:
Don thinks I'm taking him fishing but I'm just going to use him as bait and harpoon me a whale.

I'll go ahead and step-up to try and fill Big-D and Beemerdons' shoes. Consider me SW-FOG 2012 rallymaster! I'm going to keep things low-key and simple in the tradition of past SW-FOGs, but if anyone wants frills like door prizes or t-shirts, I'll be looking for volunteers to coordinate that part. COSFJR has mentioned maybe making another logo for us, and would be willing to provide the file to be put on a shirt, etc.

It will definitely be in Colorado, but before I set a location or date, I need to make some calls to see when/where we can get the best rates.

Outstanding! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Don't know if we can help from way over here in Hootin' but we can supply ample amounts of Moral Support. Maybe somebody closer to CO? If not, shoot me a PM if you need some assistance, we'll see where we can pitch in

Edit: I've seen a custom tee shirt place near here, I'll swing by tomorrow and see how much they cost

Good on ya for stepping up! :clapping:

Big thanks to Dan and Don for all the effort. Missed 2011 but who knows about this year.

I love AJ's spelling, this will be in the hall of FJR Fame someday but for now I have hanging in the man cave (near the beer)!

SWFOGSept172010235-3.jpg

Goddammit assholes! That was NOT my spelling! That toolbag was rushing after I had him adjust the wording and he screwed the pooch. You all noticed that I went with a smarter vendor this year and all the shirts were there, and it was all spelled correctly...Right?? :fuck:

So...If Bwana has the shirt deal covered, I'll help with something else if you need. If not, I'll take the logo COSFJR comes up with, give it to Cynthia and get the ball rolling. Maybe this time I'll misspell some shit intentionally.

Lemme know boys...Just an FYI, I'm looking at going to NERDS over August 15th, so maybe mid to late July would be good...For me :)

Big thanks to Dan and Don for all the effort. Missed 2011 but who knows about this year.

I love AJ's spelling, this will be in the hall of FJR Fame someday but for now I have hanging in the man cave (near the beer)!

SWFOGSept172010235-3.jpg

What a cool photo! Thanks for showing that again.

Hmmmm...... I wonder what good looking devil wrote, "A.J. = dumbass"? :whistle:

I see Good2Go on there too. Damn, I miss that boy. :(

SWFOGSept172010235-3.jpg

What a cool photo! Thanks for showing that again.

Hmmmm...... I wonder what good looking devil wrote, "A.J. = dumbass"? :whistle:

I see Good2Go on there too. Damn, I miss that boy. :(
+1, Gunny; many thanks Doug for reshowing that shirt, lots of good times were had in Toas, Nuevo Mexico! Good2Go Greg will be missed Forever here in the Southwest!

Goddammit assholes! That was NOT my spelling! That toolbag was rushing after I had him adjust the wording and he screwed the pooch. You all noticed that I went with a smarter vendor this year and all the shirts were there, and it was all spelled correctly...Right?? :fuck:
To use a famous quote "Hugs and Kisses :finger: " The spelling is a classic and I would not want it any other way.

To use a famous quote "Hugs and Kisses :finger: " The spelling is a classic and I would not want it any other way.
Don't let HotRodZilla jive you there Bug, AJ always blames the family dog for farting in the dining room; and, that mutt has been dead for many years now!

AJ, nobody is saying anything about last years T-shirts because there is nothing to say. <_< But We are all still talking about the shirts from 2 years ago, your [b]Toas [/b]shirts will live in infamy, :yahoo: did I spell that right? See you all in Colorado this year!

Don't let HotRodZilla jive you there Bug, AJ always blames the family dog for farting in the dining room; and, that mutt has been dead for many years now!
:lol2: :lol2:

He did a great job, I bought two shirts.

Humm... Colorado is fun to ride.

Humm... Colorado is fun to ride.

Haha...Stupid shirts. Can't wait to see what's in store for this year...
Teaser update:

Doesn't look like my first location choice will work; only a couple of hotels that could accommodate our numbers, and the first one didn't give me a good enough deal, I'm not hopeful for the second, which I'm waiting to hear back from.

That's ok, secondary location is only 25 miles away, and the regular hotel rates tend to be less expensive to boot with a lot more options! I've got several calls out and will follow-up again today.

I'm also realizing how lucky we were at the Kachina lodge. Not only with the hospitality of Cheryl and her staff, but also the fact that the hotel had a restaurant/bar onsite. I'm not really finding that...there should be something within walking distance though.